PDA

View Full Version : Wife Holds Onto Minivan Hood From Manteca To Pleasanton

megimoo
03-02-2011, 01:22 PM
MANTECA, Calif. (CBS13) – A woman was able to hold on to a vehicle’s hood for dear life for more than 40 miles when her husband allegedly floored the accelerator after a domestic argument, authorities said.

The Manteca Police Department said 36-year-old Christopher Michael Carroll attacked his wife shortly after midnight on February 26 and stormed out of the house, getting into the family minivan and pulling out of the driveway.....His wife, who asked not to be identified, chased him outside and stood in front of the vehicle in an attempt to block him.....“She jumped on the hood, and that’s when her adventure started,” said Manteca police spokesman Rex Osborn.

Carroll allegedly stepped on the gas and sped through the streets of Manteca until he reached Interstate 205, authorities said. His wife clung to the minivan’s windshield wiper and side mirror as the vehicle accelerated to more than 100 MPH....Carroll allegedly didn’t slow down until he reached Pleasanton, more than 40 miles away, according to witness reports to police..“There’s a purpose that I’m still alive, because it was a miracle,” the victim said.

The woman was able to roll off the hood safely when Carroll finally pulled over, and due to the 45 degree temperatures and high speeds, she was suffering from hypothermia when emergency crews found her.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/03/02/wife-holds-onto-minivan-hood-from-manteca-to-pleasanton/

linda22003
03-02-2011, 01:26 PM
I can't imagine wanting a minivan that much.

lacarnut
03-02-2011, 02:03 PM
I think she shows promise as a stunt actress/prop in the movies. :)

linda22003
03-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Seriously, though - I hope they lock up her husband and throw away the key.

lacarnut
03-02-2011, 02:28 PM

Agree but both are nuttier than a fruit cake.

Phillygirl
03-02-2011, 03:21 PM

Why would she jump on the hood of a moving vehicle?

linda22003
03-02-2011, 03:44 PM

The story said she tried to stand in front of the vehicle but he kept driving and she "ended up" on the hood. Then he took off and drove to the freeway, where he accelerated as much as possible. She shouldn't have stood in front of the car, but he MORE than took it from there.

Bailey
03-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Sorry but I laughed my ass off when i read this story. :D:D:D

Phillygirl
03-02-2011, 04:33 PM
The story said she tried to stand in front of the vehicle but he kept driving and she "ended up" on the hood. Then he took off and drove to the freeway, where he accelerated as much as possible. She shouldn't have stood in front of the car, but he MORE than took it from there.

His wife, who asked not to be identified, chased him outside and stood in front of the vehicle in an attempt to block him.

“She jumped on the hood, and that’s when her adventure started,” said Manteca police spokesman Rex Osborn.

This is what is wrong with "domestic violence" cases. He "attacked" her...then she chased him outside and jumped on the hood of the car in order to keep him from leaving. Did he take it too far? Absolutely. But absent the highway ride of terror, I would have locked them both up.

noonwitch
03-02-2011, 04:44 PM
This is what is wrong with "domestic violence" cases. He "attacked" her...then she chased him outside and jumped on the hood of the car in order to keep him from leaving. Did he take it too far? Absolutely. But absent the highway ride of terror, I would have locked them both up.

Domestic violence cases are never as clear cut as they are on fictional television shows. If nothing else, the OJ Simpson case should have taught us that much.

Odysseus
03-02-2011, 05:15 PM

She's auditioning for the TJ Hooker remake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3GRTUT0sH4

Phillygirl
03-02-2011, 05:18 PM
She's auditioning for the TJ Hooker remake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3GRTUT0sH4

That was before they mandated the "professional stunt man at work, do not try this at home" warnings! :D

Phillygirl
03-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Domestic violence cases are never as clear cut as they are on fictional television shows. If nothing else, the OJ Simpson case should have taught us that much.

Very true. I'm going to get an earful from Lanie on this, but generally, the domestic abuse laws are the most abused statutes on our books.