PDA

View Full Version : Soldier Held in WikiLeaks Case Faces 22 More Charges, Including Aiding Enemy

ColonialMarine0431
03-02-2011, 05:40 PM
WOOT!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/02/soldier-held-wikileaks-case-faces-22-charges-including-aiding-enemy/

txradioguy
03-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Welcome to Death Row Mr. Manning.

lacarnut
03-02-2011, 05:50 PM

I hope so.

Novaheart
03-02-2011, 05:50 PM

They ought to leave a little vial of plan B in the room of someone facing these kinds of charges. I know that some people think that's letting people off easy, but I see it more traditionally, ie that it's offering an honorable way out.

lacarnut
03-02-2011, 06:36 PM
They ought to leave a little vial of plan B in the room of someone facing these kinds of charges. I know that some people think that's letting people off easy, but I see it more traditionally, ie that it's offering an honorable way out.

I am more inclined to put him a 6'x6' contained concrete box with twenty 5 to 10 pound rats with 2 slices of bread and a cup of water a day.

Novaheart
03-02-2011, 06:59 PM
I am more inclined to put him a 6'x6' contained concrete box with twenty 5 to 10 pound rats with 2 slices of bread and a cup of water a day.

Is it truly the fear of punishment which keeps people from committing such a crime?

I really cannot put into words why I would not do what this man did. To call it a matter of honor seems kind of egotistical to me, but perhaps not.

Was he insane? Did he expect to get away with this? Is this the natural byproduct of a popular culture in which many young people think of themselves as residents of a country rather than a citizens and inheritors? I think this is intertwined with the reason so many young people support illegal aliens and open borders. They don't get it and aren't being taught it.

Bailey
03-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Is it truly the fear of punishment which keeps people from committing such a crime?

I really cannot put into words why I would not do what this man did. To call it a matter of honor seems kind of egotistical to me, but perhaps not.

Was he insane? Did he expect to get away with this? Is this the natural byproduct of a popular culture in which many young people think of themselves as residents of a country rather than a citizens and inheritors? I think this is intertwined with the reason so many young people support illegal aliens and open borders. They don't get it and aren't being taught it.

Why are you reading so much into this? He was a dirtbag homosexual who wanted to get back at the country who didn't let him openly flaunt his sickness.

Zathras
03-02-2011, 07:36 PM

Sorry, but someone who should be up for treason as one of the charges he's facing has no honor and does not deserve an honorable way out. If, or should I say when, this treasonous bastard is found guilty he should be mached out the very mext morning at dawn, lined up against the yard wall, given a blindfold and a smoke and then put down like a rabid dog.

Novaheart
03-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Why are you reading so much into this? He was a dirtbag homosexual who wanted to get back at the country who didn't let him openly flaunt his sickness.

Thanks for sharing.

Novaheart
03-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Sorry, but someone who should be up for treason as one of the charges he's facing has no honor and does not deserve an honorable way out.

He'll be dead either way. It doesn't matter though, they aren't going to let anything happen to him accidentally or deliberately.

I was actually thinking of his parents, though I don't know anything about his parents.

SaintLouieWoman
03-02-2011, 07:54 PM
That crime is a capital offense but the military is not seeking the death penalty against Pfc. Bradley Manning. If Manning is convicted of all the charges, he faces life in prison, reduction in rank to the lowest enlisted pay grade, a dishonorable discharge and loss of all pay and allowances

There's no use in saying what many would like to do with him. He'll get life if convicted. We'll support him the rest of his natural born life.

I will never understand someone so self-absorbed and with so little love or respect for his country.

It doesn't matter if he's gay or straight. He's a POS no matter his orientation.

Bailey
03-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Anytime sunshine

Bailey
03-02-2011, 08:00 PM
He'll be dead either way. It doesn't matter though, they aren't going to let anything happen to him accidentally or deliberately.

I was actually thinking of his parents, though I don't know anything about his parents.

Well looking at the job they did raising their son, I have no sympathy for them.

I'm all for releasing the poofster into general population and letting the inmates settle things

Novaheart
03-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Well looking at the job they did raising their son, I have no sympathy for them.

I'm all for releasing the poofster into general population and letting the inmates settle things

Nice to see that you're an expert on parenting and constitutional law.

Bailey
03-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Nice to see that you're an expert on parenting and constitutional law.

You and your ilk complain he is in solitary so I agree with them and want him to be released into the general pop, see I can be compassionate.

Sorry I refuse to take any advice from a pillow biter in raising kids.

Novaheart
03-02-2011, 08:31 PM
You and your ilk complain he is in solitary so I agree with them and want him to be released into the general pop, see I can be compassionate.

Sorry I refuse to take any advice from a pillow biter in raising kids.

Where have I complained that he is in solitary?

txradioguy
03-02-2011, 11:15 PM

In light of how the AG screwed up a slam dunk case against a guy with 236 counts agains him including IIRC 220 for murder...you actually have a valid point about leaving some wiggle room.

Odysseus
03-03-2011, 10:32 AM
No thanks. I want this guy to stand trial, face his crimes and then, if convicted, I want him to hang.

That's cruel and unusual punishment. For the rats.

Honor isn't egotistical. The lack of honor is. Manning put his personal feelings ahead of his duty to protect the United States and his fellow Soldiers. He's a narcissist who should never have been permitted to serve, much less have been granted access to Top Secret documents. I'd call this a hissy fit, but that implies a spur of the moment, impulsive act, and this was premeditated and required repeated trips to the SIPR room with his DVDs.

In light of how the AG screwed up a slam dunk case against a guy with 236 counts agains him including IIRC 220 for murder...you actually have a valid point about leaving some wiggle room.

In all fairness, the AG had more important tasks, like suing Arizona and burying the New Black Panther case... :rolleyes: