PDA

View Full Version : Well, this was only a matter of time.

linda22003
03-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Some fool wants to legislate punishing women for miscarriages - "prenatal murder".

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/georgia/article/194255/5/Ga-Rep-Pushes-Bill-to-Make-Miscarriages-Prenatal-Murder

noonwitch
03-04-2011, 12:19 PM
I assume that this would be used primarily toward women who use drugs or alcohol while pregnant, who already are subject to CPS and Family Court if they give birth to a child who tests positive for drugs or who is born with fetal alcohol syndrome.

Being that this is Georgia, I wonder if the rep wants the death penalty for women who miscarry due to their lifestyles? Does that mean that a woman who has a miscarriage due to something like malnutrition could be executed for not eating right when pregnant?

I suspect it's just a play for attention by the legislator in question, since Roe v Wade supercedes any proposed law like this. As long as abortion is legal, stupid laws like this can't be enacted.

Apache
03-04-2011, 01:31 PM
I hate the "there oughtta be a law" crowd...

Don't care what side they're on, ENOUGH!

Rockntractor
03-04-2011, 01:53 PM
There are some things that keep me up nights at times, but that's not going to be one of them.

PoliCon
03-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Some fool wants to legislate punishing women for miscarriages - "prenatal murder".

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/georgia/article/194255/5/Ga-Rep-Pushes-Bill-to-Make-Miscarriages-Prenatal-Murder

wow. lots of spin in the title of that article and in the coverage of this story. I guess we know what side of the discussion the author is on.

linda22003
03-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Being that this is Georgia, I wonder if the rep wants the death penalty for women who miscarry due to their lifestyles?

Yes, he's in favor of the death penalty if she can't 'splain why she miscarried. :mad:

PoliCon
03-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Yes, he's in favor of the death penalty if she can't 'splain why she miscarried. :mad:

and in what section of the bill do you find that?

noonwitch
03-04-2011, 02:36 PM

Wow, talk about a nanny-stater. He wants to control pregnant women's behavior, and possibly even the food they eat. I'll bet he thinks that Michelle Obama's program to encourage families to eat more healthy food is an evil plot against freedom.