PDA

View Full Version : SOROS: Iranian regime will be overthrown in 'bloodiest of the revolutions'...

megimoo
03-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Oil wealth 'must be shared' with citizens says Soros...George Soros: Middle East turmoil caused by 'revulsion against the corruption'...Citizens of oil producing nations must see more benefit from their country's national resources, billionaire investor George Soros has told the BBC.
'
Revolts in Libya were partly the result of "revulsion against a corruption" fed by the misuse of oil money, he added....More "transparency and accountability" was needed from other producers such as Russia and Saudi Arabia he said....Mr Soros also predicted the Iranian regime would be overthrown in the "bloodiest of the revolutions".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12643419

NJCardFan
03-04-2011, 08:40 PM
This is exactly what I think of every time I see George Soros' name:
http://www.tshirtinsight.com/cache/www.teesforall.com_images_Godfather_White_Logo_Bla ck_Shirt.jpg

CaughtintheMiddle1990
03-04-2011, 09:33 PM
This is exactly what I think of every time I see George Soros' name:
http://www.tshirtinsight.com/cache/www.teesforall.com_images_Godfather_White_Logo_Bla ck_Shirt.jpg

Do some reading on the Koch Brothers.

Wei Wu Wei
03-05-2011, 12:06 PM

No that's different because [insert Fox News link]

PoliCon
03-05-2011, 12:19 PM
some asshole fakes being a Kock brother on the phone to the governor of Wisconsin and all of a sudden the left are throwing them out at every turn as if they are the boogieman. :rolleyes: If these guys are so insidious - how is it that you have never mentioned them prior to the fake staged phone call? :rolleyes:

Wei Wu Wei
03-05-2011, 12:27 PM
some asshole fakes being a Kock brother on the phone to the governor of Wisconsin and all of a sudden the left are throwing them out at every turn as if they are the boogieman. :rolleyes: If these guys are so insidious - how is it that you have never mentioned them prior to the fake staged phone call? :rolleyes:

psstt - you should probably do a search for the name before you make a post like this. just a tip

PoliCon
03-05-2011, 12:40 PM
psstt - you should probably do a search for the name before you make a post like this. just a tip

I did. Never heard of them prior to the fake phone call. Never saw a post about them here or anywhere else prior to the fake phone call. Never saw a news story with their names mentioned prior to the fake phone call. Y'all are just trotting out a big scary boogieman is all.

NJCardFan
03-05-2011, 01:49 PM

I seriously doubt these people have even 1/10th of 1% the influence Soros has. But I'll let you defend this. Name me a media outlet owned by them or funded by them. I'll do the same for Soros and only mention 2 entities: Media Matters and Moveon.org. Now, name me something the Koch brothers have that even come close to this. I'll wait.

NJCardFan
03-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Never mind, I'll help you:

Political organizations
Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is an advocacy group that was founded in 2004 by the Koch brothers,[1] and to which they have given more than one million dollars.[1] [15][16] Democrats have criticized the Koch brothers for their use of AFP to create a façade of grass-roots support for their favorite causes, a technique known as astroturfing.[17] At an AFP rally in 2009, David Koch said "Five years ago, my brother Charles and I provided the funds to start the Americans for Prosperity, and it's beyond my wildest dreams how AFP has grown into this enormous organization."[16] AFP is the political arm of the Americans for Prosperity Foundation, of which David Koch is chairman of the Board of Trustees.[15][18] Americans for Prosperity created Patients United Now, which advocated against a single-payer system during the 2009-2010 healthcare reform debate.
Citizens for a Sound Economy was co-founded by David Koch in the 1980s,[15] and, according to the Center for Public Integrity, the Koch Brothers funded it with $7.9 million between 1986 and 1993.[1] In 1990, they created the spinoff group, Citizens for the Environment.[1]
Charles and David Koch also have been involved and have provided funding to a number of other think tanks and advocacy organizations: They provided initial funding for the Cato Institute,[15] they are key donors to the Federalist Society,[15] and also support the Mercatus Center, the Institute for Humane Studies, the Institute for Justice, the Alexis de Tocqueville Institution, the Institute for Energy Research, the Foundation for Research on Economics and the Environment, Heritage Foundation, the Manhattan Institute, the George C. Marshall Institute, the Reason Foundation and the American Enterprise Institute.[19][20]
As of 2011, David Koch sits on the board of directors of the Cato institute,[21] the Reason Foundation and Aspen Institute.[18]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_activities_of_the_Koch_family#Political_ organizations
Yep. Sounds like a couple of guys pulling on the puppet strings of the GOP. :rolleyes:

Now for George Soros:

Political donations and activism
[edit]United States
In an interview with The Washington Post on November 11, 2003, Soros said that removing President George W. Bush from office was the "central focus of my life" and "a matter of life and death." He said he would sacrifice his entire fortune to defeat President Bush, "if someone guaranteed it."[46] Soros gave $3 million to the Center for American Progress, $2.5 million to MoveOn.org, and $20 million[47] to America Coming Together. These groups worked to support Democrats in the 2004 election. On September 28, 2004 he dedicated more money to the campaign and kicked off his own multi-state tour with a speech: Why We Must Not Re-elect President Bush[48] delivered at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. The online transcript to this speech received many hits after Dick Cheney accidentally referred to FactCheck.org as "factcheck.com" in the Vice Presidential debate, causing the owner of that domain to redirect all traffic to Soros's site.[49] Asked in 2006 about his statement in The Age of Fallibility that "the main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States", Soros responded that "it happens to coincide with the prevailing opinion in the world. And I think that's rather shocking for Americans to hear. The United States sets the agenda for the world. And the rest of the world has to respond to that agenda. By declaring a 'war on terror' after September 11, we set the wrong agenda for the world. [...] when you wage war, you inevitably create innocent victims."[50]
Soros was not a large donor to US political causes until the 2004 presidential election, but according to the Center for Responsive Politics, during the 2003–2004 election cycle, Soros donated $23,581,000 to various 527 groups dedicated to defeating President Bush. A 527 group is a type of American tax-exempt organization named after a section of the United States tax code, 26 U.S.C. § 527. Despite Soros' efforts, Bush was reelected to a second term as president.
After Bush's re-election, Soros and other donors backed a new political fundraising group called Democracy Alliance, which supports progressive causes and the formation of a stronger progressive infrastructure in America.[51]
In August 2009, Soros donated $35 million to the state of New York to be ear-marked for under-privileged children and given to parents who had benefit cards at the rate of $200 per child aged 3 through 17, with no limit as to the number of children that qualified. An additional $140 million was put into the fund by the state of New York from money they had received from the 2009 federal recovery act.[23]
On October 26, 2010, George Soros donated $1 million to the Drug Policy Alliance to fund Proposition 19, the biggest donation in the campaign, that would have legalized marijuana in the state of California if it had passed in the November 2, 2010 elections.[52]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_soros#Political_donations_and_activism

Yeah, the Koch brothers are are the same level as Soros. Try again suckers. :rolleyes:

lacarnut
03-05-2011, 02:12 PM
This anti-American prick is probably meddling in Iran's affairs.