PDA

View Full Version : "Hymenoplasty :the ultimate gift for the man who has everything."

megimoo
03-04-2011, 03:50 PM
For her 17th wedding anniversary, Jeanette Yarborough wanted to do something special for her husband. In addition to planning a hotel getaway for the weekend, Ms. Yarborough paid a surgeon $5,000 to reattach her hymen, making her appear to be a virgin again.

"It's the ultimate gift for the man who has everything," says Ms. Yarborough, 40 years old, a medical assistant from San Antonio.

Hymenoplasty, a controversial medical procedure known mostly for its prevalence in the Middle East and Latin America, is becoming popular in the U.S. Although there are no hard data, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons ...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB113461752102323170.html?mod=home_page_one_us

Apache
03-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Feels like the first time....:eek::p

Bailey
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Feels like the first time....:eek::p

You can move all the skin you want its still going to fell like the who-ha you been doing for 17 years.:eek:

Rockntractor
03-04-2011, 04:42 PM
You can move all the skin you want its still going to fell like the who-ha you been doing for 17 years.:eek:

Yep! A new garage door won't change the whole garage.:(

Gingersnap
03-04-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm sure there are a lot of gals out there who metaphorically flipped the switch and revealed a commodious 2 car garage during the Big Moment. I wasn't one of those gals. While I didn't have a scary or miserable time of it (as some women do), it wasn't a peak experience, either.

I can't imagine what the appeal of this would be outside of Muslim cultures. Even if the woman had additional surgery to replicate the virginal state, why would she want to replicate the virginal discomfort? No man's ego is worth that kind of thing.

megimoo
03-04-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm sure there are a lot of gals out there who metaphorically flipped the switch and revealed a commodious 2 car garage during the Big Moment. I wasn't one of those gals. While I didn't have a scary or miserable time of it (as some women do), it wasn't a peak experience, either.

I can't imagine what the appeal of this would be outside of Muslim cultures. Even if the woman had additional surgery to replicate the virginal state, why would she want to replicate the virginal discomfort? No man's ego is worth that kind of thing.Elasticity is everything ..

Novaheart
03-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Is there any aspect of women aging that we don't treat like a disease?

Gingersnap
03-04-2011, 08:49 PM

Based on personal experience, I'd say, "No".

malloc
03-04-2011, 08:52 PM

Strictly speaking, aging for everyone is a disease.

Disease:
an impairment of health or a condition of abnormal functioning

Aging is definitely an impairment of health, the "or" between clauses makes the second part of the definition an alternative, so a disease need not be abnormal functionality. Most subscribers of Free Radical Theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-radical_theory) see aging as disease that can be cured. If researchers can figure out a way of stopping or absorbing free radical production in cellular mitochondria, they believe they can halt the aging process. The benefits of longevity aside, I'm not sure how I'd feel about living in a world where each death was sudden and unexpected.

I saw something about this on Discovery once.

Gingersnap
03-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Strictly speaking, all of the dead-on normal aspects of aging that never get any attention when they happen to men, are the subject endless recrimination and anxiety when they happen to women.

If the majority of your population have certain characteristics, that's the definition of "normal". In the real world, not in academia.

Novaheart
03-04-2011, 08:58 PM

Aging is definitely an impairment of health, the "or" between clauses makes the second part of the definition an alternative, so a disease need not be abnormal functionality. Most subscribers of Free Radical Theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-radical_theory) see aging as disease that can be cured. If researchers can figure out a way of stopping or absorbing free radical production in cellular mitochondria, they believe they can halt the aging process. The benefits of longevity aside, I'm not sure how I'd feel about living in a world where each death was sudden and unexpected.

Imagine immortality.

malloc
03-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Imagine immortality.

You wouldn't be immortal, just ageless. Statistically you'd eventually be hit by a bus or caught in a house fire or something versus dying peacefully in bed at a ripe old age.

Calypso Jones
03-04-2011, 09:50 PM
hey. Did you know that a guy's tinkalinktum gets smaller and smaller for every child he fathers? The great shrinking mystery.

:p

Madisonian
03-05-2011, 07:06 AM

What would the benefits to longevity be?
Either people would have to work longer or we would have to pay retirement longer. Either one would further add to our present economic mess. I don't know about you but I don't want to have to work for 100 years before I could retire and few could amass enough resources to live without working for 30 years let alone 50 or more without doing that.
More food and resources would be needed as people lived longer. Population control methods would be imposed by governments as there would be too many people.

And lets get to the really nasty part.
Many of us got married with the idea of "till death do us part". OK I can do that for 25 to 50 years, but 100 or 150? Lets get real here!:D

noonwitch
03-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Words fail me on this one.

marinejcksn
03-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Because ALL the men are climbing over each other to reach the virgin.... gimmie a little experience any day :p

fettpett
03-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Because ALL the men are climbing over each other to reach the virgin.... gimmie a little experience any day :p

but it's the best of both worlds, experience AND virginity :D

Rockntractor
03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
What would the benefits to longevity be?
Either people would have to work longer or we would have to pay retirement longer. Either one would further add to our present economic mess. I don't know about you but I don't want to have to work for 100 years before I could retire and few could amass enough resources to live without working for 30 years let alone 50 or more without doing that.
More food and resources would be needed as people lived longer. Population control methods would be imposed by governments as there would be too many people.

And lets get to the really nasty part.
Many of us got married with the idea of "till death do us part". OK I can do that for 25 to 50 years, but 100 or 150? Lets get real here!:D

I would have no problem working a few hundred more years and could care less about ever retiring.

Articulate_Ape
03-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Strictly speaking, all of the dead-on normal aspects of aging that never get any attention when they happen to men, are the subject endless recrimination and anxiety when they happen to women.

Please. Women are born concave and remain that way, a condition which obviates the necessity to perform in order for certain things to take place. To put it another way, have you ever tried to jam a marshmallow into a piggy bank? :p

Gingersnap
03-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Please. Women are born concave and remain that way, a condition which obviates the necessity to perform in order for certain things to take place. To put it another way, have you ever tried to jam a marshmallow into a piggy bank? :p

No, but I bet you have pics. :p

Articulate_Ape
03-08-2011, 01:01 AM
No, but I bet you have pics. :p

I do. I also have your email! :p

Gingersnap
03-08-2011, 12:02 PM
I do. I also have your email! :p

Oh, joy.....

Bailey
03-08-2011, 12:15 PM
If she'd really want to get the ultimate gift for him, she'd get a real virgin for him :)