PDA

View Full Version : Two brain teasers for you

Sonnabend
06-06-2008, 05:32 PM
The west coast of Scotland is renowned for being very rainy. All the locals wear raincoats but holidaymaker Timmy has no coat, hat or umbrella. He sits in a cafe drinking a steaming much of hot Turkish coffee and reading a newspaper to pass the time. He eventually realises he should be on his way. To get back to his hotel, he needs to walk across a large field and through a treeless park. He arrives back at the hotel bone dry. How has he avoided getting wet?

And another:

A man has a ferocious argument with his darling lady wife one morning, and storms out of the house, possibly because she used one of the Forbidden Insults in her rage. In any case, this man goes for a drive and throws himself face first off a cliff. Later in the evening, he walks in the house unharmed and demands his dinner. How did he survive?

Gingersnap
06-06-2008, 08:18 PM
The west coast of Scotland is renowned for being very rainy. All the locals wear raincoats but holidaymaker Timmy has no coat, hat or umbrella. He sits in a cafe drinking a steaming much of hot Turkish coffee and reading a newspaper to pass the time. He eventually realises he should be on his way. To get back to his hotel, he needs to walk across a large field and through a treeless park. He arrives back at the hotel bone dry. How has he avoided getting wet?

He took a taxi? LOL!

MstrBlue
06-06-2008, 08:59 PM
A man has a ferocious argument with his darling lady wife one morning, and storms out of the house, possibly because she used one of the Forbidden Insults in her rage. In any case, this man goes for a drive and throws himself face first off a cliff. Later in the evening, he walks in the house unharmed and demands his dinner. How did he survive?

To unwind from the argument, he went BASE jumping! He is unharmed because he had a parachute!! :D

Sonnabend
06-06-2008, 09:03 PM
No and no.

MstrBlue
06-06-2008, 09:07 PM
No and no.

Party pooper.
At least we are trying! How about some credit for that??? :D

OK... how about this:

Timmy is a "holidaymaker" according to the story...
He made a Sun-day, and walked to the hotel perfectly dry!

Sonnabend
06-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Nice try and wrong.

You get a cookie for effort.:D

FeebMaster
06-06-2008, 09:37 PM

Used the newspaper as a makeshift umbrella.

Shannon
06-06-2008, 09:54 PM
I knew I shouldn't have read this thread. These things drive me nuts!

Junebug68
06-06-2008, 10:25 PM
1. The guy wasn't on the west coast of Scottland
2. He went cliff diving and or some sort of parasailing and such

Right?

Sonnabend
06-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Junebug has #1 correct. :D:D

Shannon
06-07-2008, 12:05 AM

If she could spell Scotland.:rolleyes:

Junebug68
06-07-2008, 05:58 AM

Woo hoo hooray! I have half a brain! :D And I feel silly for spelling Scotland wrong - that's where half my ancestors are from. Whoops!