PDA

View Full Version : " A Plague Of Bedbugs Are Coming This Summer. "

megimoo
03-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Get ready for a blitz of bedbug cases in summer 2011, experts say..Though a bedbug's bite is thought not to spread disease, the thought of having your blood sucked while asleep can be psychologically devastating, White said.

Here's some news to make your skin crawl: Bedbug infestations will explode this year, particularly in the summer, experts say....The bloodsuckers are already entrenched in the city and, like cockroaches, tend to thrive in July, August and September, said Jeffrey White, a research entomologist for Bedbugcentral.com.

"I firmly believe that this year is going to be worse than last year," White said at a bedbug seminar Wednesday..."If we combine the seasonal trend, with the bugs getting more and more embedded in our community, that allows the bugs to make that resurgence all the more stronger."

Nearly 7% of adults in the city - 404,000 people - reported bedbug infestations in 2009, the Health Department said....While cities are particularly vulnerable to bedbugs, even remote areas like Alaska have reported an 800% increase, White said.

"It's not just a New York problem," he said...Once you've got bedbugs, it can cost $1,200 to get rid of them professionally, White said...."The big problem is not getting bit, it's bringing them home," said Adam Greenberg, president of BugZip, a $10-$20 plastic covering that shields luggage in hotel rooms.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/03/03/2011-03-03_get_ready_for_a_blitz_of_bedbug_cases_in_summer _2011_experts_say.html

fettpett
03-05-2011, 09:27 AM
sadly this is what happens with international travel...

Madisonian
03-05-2011, 09:57 AM
And here I though you were posting about the soon to be nauseating beginning of the 2012 political season.

You really need to clarify your thread titles.:D

Rockntractor
03-05-2011, 11:26 AM
We need to get the government to re release the safe effective pesticides that have been removed from the list in the past twenty years. Al Gore was instrumental in getting many removed, in most cases they were scheduled for a later date after the Clinton administration was out of office.

Calypso Jones
03-05-2011, 11:52 AM
hmmm. i wonder if we're going to see the resurgence of DDT?

Odysseus
03-05-2011, 03:56 PM
And here I though you were posting about the soon to be nauseating beginning of the 2012 political season.

You really need to clarify your thread titles.:D

Nobody compares politicians to bedbugs. Bedbugs are far more lovable. :D

Gingersnap
03-05-2011, 07:00 PM
hmmm. i wonder if we're going to see the resurgence of DDT?

I wish. :mad:

megimoo
03-05-2011, 07:26 PM

You really need to clarify your thread titles.:DThose are LibRats ..these are bugs !