PDA

View Full Version : Critics Slam ABC Pilot 'Good Christian Bitches' for 'Inappropriate,' 'Damaging' Title

megimoo
03-05-2011, 08:36 AM
An ABC pilot called “Good Christian Bitches” has religious and women’s groups up in arms over what they describe as an extremely offensive and distasteful show title.

The dramedy, based on Kim Gatlin’s novel of the same name, will be brought to life by famed “Sex and the City” and “90210” executive producer Darren Star. The plot centers on the life of reformed “mean girl” Amanda, played by “Talladega Nights” actress Leslie Bibb, who returns to her hometown of Dallas to find herself fodder for malicious gossip from the women in the Christian community.

Still in the early stages, the pilot has not been guaranteed a spot on ABC’s lineup. And though the show’s title may change before it goes to broadcast, “Good Christian Bitches” is already causing uproar. ..Christian publisher Tessie DeVore told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column that the show, which features the tagline “For Heaven’s sake, don’t let God get in the way of a good story!” could put Christians in an unfairly bad light.

“I find the title offensive. I don’t think those two words should be combined,” she said. “A show like this can damage perceptions [of Christians in this country].”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/03/04/critics-slam-abc-pilot-good-christian-bitches-inappropriate-damaging-title/?test=faces

NJCardFan
03-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Ah, the last of 2 bastions of people it's OK to offend: Christians and fat people. I guess this is OK so now maybe someone can make a show called J.A.P.'s.

marv
03-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Desperate broadcast networks do desperate things.........

fettpett
03-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Ah, the last of 2 bastions of people it's OK to offend: Christians and fat people. I guess this is OK so now maybe someone can make a show called J.A.P.'s.

since when is it ok to make fun of fat people....:mad::mad:

Unless you are fat ;):cool:

Rockntractor
03-05-2011, 10:44 AM
since when is it ok to make fun of fat people....:mad:

Unless you are fat ;):cool:

Lighten up dumplin!:D

PoliCon
03-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Personally - no skin off my noes. They already portray Christians as idiots and/or bigots on TV so this is nothing new. But I ask you this - substitute muslim for Christian and no one would even have considered going forward with this project. What does that say?

Novaheart
03-05-2011, 12:58 PM

Jewess Jeans commercial from SNL

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/jewess-jeans/1056741/

SaintLouieWoman
03-05-2011, 01:07 PM

I doubt it. Look at what happened to Charlie Sheen and Mel Gibson in Hollywood when they crossed that line.

It looks like overweight people, women, Christians are fair game. Muslims are definitely protected, as are Jewish people in Hollywood (probably not elsewhere).

Novaheart
03-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Personally - no skin off my noes. They already portray Christians as idiots and/or bigots on TV so this is nothing new. But I ask you this - substitute muslim for Christian and no one would even have considered going forward with this project. What does that say?

Some Christians are idiots and bigots. You can't support a claim that Christians are disproportionately portrayed as such. Are you complaining because there are idiots and bigots expressing themselves in a religious framework or excuse platform and that they are represented on TV?

MrsSmith
03-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Some Christians are idiots and bigots. You can't support a claim that Christians are disproportionately portrayed as such. Are you complaining because there are idiots and bigots expressing themselves in a religious framework or excuse platform and that they are represented on TV?

Some atheists are idiots and bigots. Do you ever see that on TV? Most Christians are neither idiots nor bigots, ever see ANY of that on TV? When is the last time you saw an honest, practicing Christian on TV? Are you old enough to remember any of them??

Novaheart
03-05-2011, 01:16 PM
I doubt it. Look at what happened to Charlie Sheen and Mel Gibson in Hollywood when they crossed that line.

It looks like overweight people, women, Christians are fair game. Muslims are definitely protected, as are Jewish people in Hollywood (probably not elsewhere).

There is a huge difference between a TV show doing a send up of the social politics of a subculture and a vulgar and stupid rant against the worldwide Jewish conspiracy.

One is a joke, the other isn't.

PoliCon
03-05-2011, 01:16 PM

Show me one recent network TV show where Christians are portrayed positively.

Novaheart
03-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Some atheists are idiots and bigots. Do you ever see that on TV?

Yes.

Most Christians are neither idiots nor bigots, ever see ANY of that on TV?

Yes, I do and you do too. Are they wearing signs that say, "Decent, open minded, well behaved Christian"? No. But they don't in real life either.

Not that she was the first or the last, but because she was one of the better known, Edith Bunker went to church every Sunday, the camera didn't go with her because Episcopalian church is boring. Archie rarely went to church, and never pronounced the name of the Rev Fletcher correctly, but the camera followed him into church because he insisted on baptizing grandson Joey. He then embraced "judy-ism" when both his partner and his niece were Jewish.

All the women on Designing Women went to church every Sunday and Julia sang in the choir.

Sophia Petrillo goes to mass every Sunday.

There is the entire show of Touched By An Angel and at least two versions of Michael Landon in addition to Little House getting increasingly religious.

Carmella Soprano is a study in Christian struggle.

The Hill family goes to church every Sunday (King Of The Hill)

Aunt Esther (Sanford and Son) was comedic, but she was not an idiot. Neither was Sherman Hemsley or anyone in the cast of Amen!

There's some TV show about a pastor, I can't remember the name.
There are several channels which run nothing but Christian promotion.

Are you old enough to remember any of them??

Yeah. Everyone on Peyton Place was Christian.

Novaheart
03-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Show me one recent network TV show where Christians are portrayed positively.

Define "portrayed positively". Don't dodge, or make some stupid remark about the definition of "is", defining your terms is an element of debate. What qualifies as a positive portrayal? Do they have to be identified as Christian? Do they have to go to church on camera? What do you want from these people? Most people don't walk around with a sign that says, "Good Christian!!!" in flashing lights, and contrary to some denominations most of them don't have a bumper sticker or emblem on their car suggesting that either.

MrsSmith
03-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Yes.

Yes, I do and you do too. Are they wearing signs that say, "Decent, open minded, well behaved Christian"? No. But they don't in real life either.

Not that she was the first or the last, but because she was one of the better known, Edith Bunker went to church every Sunday, the camera didn't go with her because Episcopalian church is boring. Archie rarely went to church, and never pronounced the name of the Rev Fletcher correctly, but the camera followed him into church because he insisted on baptizing grandson Joey. He then embraced "judy-ism" when both his partner and his niece were Jewish. All in the Family ended in Sept 1979

All the women on Designing Women went to church every Sunday and Julia sang in the choir. ended 1993

Sophia Petrillo goes to mass every Sunday.died in 1995

There is the entire show of Touched By An Angel and at least two versions of Michael Landon in addition to Little House getting increasingly religious.Touched by an Angel was not Christian in nature, and Little House basically ended in 1983

Carmella Soprano is a study in Christian struggle.The wife of a Mafia boss is a POSTIVE portrayal of Christianity? :rolleyes:

The Hill family goes to church every Sunday (King Of The Hill) Now there are some positive Christians, never portrayed as foolish, bigoted, dumb. Nah. Never. :rolleyes:

Aunt Esther (Sanford and Son) was comedic, but she was not an idiot. Neither was Sherman Hemsley or anyone in the cast of Amen! :rolleyes:

Yeah. Everyone on Peyton Place was Christian.I see you've never seen that show. Even an idiot couldn't mistake everyone on Peyton Place for any kind of Christian.

Now that you've come up with a list of supposed Christians that were largely portrayed as either very mousy or very obnoxious....and at that were all from 20 years ago, try finding a positive, true to life portrayal of actual Christians. Just one, of actual Christians that take their kids to church at least once a week, don't screw around, stay married,are not stupid nor bigoted, skip most TV shows and movies because of the content, tithe and donate time and money to causes. There are millions of Christians that live that life, but you won't see a one portrayed that way on TV...unless they happen to play "Facing the Giants" or "Fireproof." You can see atheists, gays, and women portrayed that way, but few men, even fewer white men, and no Christians.

PoliCon
03-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Yes.

Not that she was the first or the last, but because she was one of the better known, Edith Bunker went to church every Sunday, the camera didn't go with her because Episcopalian church is boring. Archie rarely went to church, and never pronounced the name of the Rev Fletcher correctly, but the camera followed him into church because he insisted on baptizing grandson Joey. He then embraced "judy-ism" when both his partner and his niece were Jewish.

All the women on Designing Women went to church every Sunday and Julia sang in the choir.

Sophia Petrillo goes to mass every Sunday.

There is the entire show of Touched By An Angel and at least two versions of Michael Landon in addition to Little House getting increasingly religious.

Carmella Soprano is a study in Christian struggle.

The Hill family goes to church every Sunday (King Of The Hill)

Aunt Esther (Sanford and Son) was comedic, but she was not an idiot. Neither was Sherman Hemsley or anyone in the cast of Amen!

Yeah. Everyone on Peyton Place was Christian.

lots of OLD shows. You left out the show AMEN with Sherman Hemsley. Little house on the Prairie, and Highway to Heaven. How many of them are on the air currently? How many were on the air in the last 10 years?

PoliCon
03-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Define "portrayed positively". Don't dodge, or make some stupid remark about the definition of "is", defining your terms is an element of debate. What qualifies as a positive portrayal? Do they have to be identified as Christian? Do they have to go to church on camera? What do you want from these people? Most people don't walk around with a sign that says, "Good Christian!!!" in flashing lights, and contrary to some denominations most of them don't have a bumper sticker or emblem on their car suggesting that either.

A show where overtly Christian Characters are not portrayed as bigoted, stupid, or otherwise negatively. Not that I watch much TV - but the only overtly Christian Character I can think of on a current TV show would be Sheldon's mother on Big Bang Theory - and she is portrayed as backwards, bigoted, and stupid.

Novaheart
03-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Now that you've come up with a list of supposed Christians that were largely portrayed as either very mousy or very obnoxious....and at that were all from 20 years ago, try finding a positive, true to life portrayal of actual Christians. Just one, of actual Christians that take their kids to church at least once a week, don't screw around, stay married,are not stupid nor bigoted, skip most TV shows and movies because of the content, tithe and donate time and money to causes. There are millions of Christians that live that life, but you won't see a one portrayed that way on TV...unless they happen to play "Facing the Giants" or "Fireproof." You can see atheists, gays, and women portrayed that way, but few men, even fewer white men, and no Christians.

I watch reruns. The fact that these shows run continuously means that Christians are positively portrayed on TV.

So your next move is to claim that none of these Christians are your kind of Christian. That's called the No True Scotsman tactic, and it's BS. So I waste my time putting together a list, and you find a way of discounting each of them so it will validate your persecution complex. Wrong.

Elliott Stabler is a devout Catholic who has been faithful and married to the same woman since he was 17 years old.

PoliCon
03-05-2011, 02:30 PM
How about this one Nova: Name one show where the name of Jesus is mentioned as something other than a curse.

Novaheart
03-05-2011, 02:39 PM
A show where overtly Christian Characters are not portrayed as bigoted, stupid, or otherwise negatively. Not that I watch much TV - but the only overtly Christian Character I can think of on a current TV show would be Sheldon's mother on Big Bang Theory - and she is portrayed as backwards, bigoted, and stupid.

I've never watched that show. But "overtly Christian" sounds to me like something that is generally mocked even by garden variety Christians. I don't live in a world where normal socially acceptable people walk around being "overtly Christian" if that means talking like Aunt Esther and constantly speculating on God or Jesus' opinion, judgement, or punishment hangs in the balance of every action, especially the ones said person is currently in disagreement about.

Oh, Friday Night Lights has some guy who says "You need to get right with Jesus." doesn't it? I'm not sure, because I would rather draw on myself with a soldering iron than watch that show or Providence.

Let's face it, TV isn't really about real people. Real people are boring. Real people don't slam doors on each other, at least not in my family. Real people say "Goodbye" before hanging up the phone. Real people don't live in a TV show.

Novaheart
03-05-2011, 02:41 PM
How about this one Nova: Name one show where the name of Jesus is mentioned as something other than a curse.

What denomination do you identify with?

Novaheart
03-05-2011, 02:44 PM
lots of OLD shows. You left out the show AMEN with Sherman Hemsley. Little house on the Prairie, and Highway to Heaven. How many of them are on the air currently? How many were on the air in the last 10 years?

I didn't leave out any of those shows. Do you even read the post before responding? They are on the air in reruns, almost continuously , though Amen isn't often seen.

Novaheart
03-05-2011, 02:47 PM

What is an example of how you would expect to hear Jesus mentioned in the course of conversation?

PoliCon
03-05-2011, 03:20 PM
What denomination do you identify with?

what difference does that make? :confused:

PoliCon
03-05-2011, 03:20 PM
I didn't leave out any of those shows. Do you even read the post before responding? They are on the air in reruns, almost continuously , though Amen isn't often seen.

On the air where? None of them are on the air in my market.

PoliCon
03-05-2011, 03:23 PM
What is an example of how you would expect to hear Jesus mentioned in the course of conversation?

Let me point you to the show Touched By An Angel. How many times was the name of the Jesus mentioned in that show? Here's a show purportedly about Christianity and there is never a mention of Christ in the dialogue? :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
03-05-2011, 03:58 PM

Have you sen the show True Blood? It's a surprisingly funny contrast by the gay producers. The Christians are portrayed as closed minded bigots unwilling to accept the poor, poor persecuted vampires into society not to mention wanting to wipe the vampires out. Funnily enough, the Christian's fears are quite founded but that doesn't stop the producers from portraying the Christians, more specifically, the Church of the Light, as idiots. But it doesn't stop there. In one episode, the main vampire protagonist kills another vampire protecting his human love interest. His punishment, he had to turn another human into a vampire. And do they go get some random person for Bill to turn? Nope, they grab a young teenage Christian girl to turn. Well, he turns her vampire and what happens? She's thrilled throwing off the bonds of Christianity and embracing her new found "freedom" by, of all things, swearing! Then, she decides to seek out her family so she can kill her, apparent, overbearing and abusive father. She is stopped but the damage is done. You'll never see gays or any other in the protected class get portrayed as such.

noonwitch
03-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Ned Flanders is a truly good person, who struggles to be true to his faith. Sometimes he looks like a fool, but he never is mean or petty. Part of the reason Homer hates him is because Homer feels inadequate by comparison.

I doubt this show will do very well. ABC is struggling, and shows over the past decade or so that took a serious look at religion managed to offend people, I'm pretty sure a show with a title like this will do so even more thoroughly.

Novaheart
03-07-2011, 01:29 PM
what difference does that make? :confused:

Because different denominations express themselves differently and that would generate different expectations.

I went to Catholic school. The image of Jesus is everywhere, as is the image of Mary. But while Mary is spoken of frequently, Jesus is rarely mentioned by name in the course of a normal day outside of religion class. Even religion class only talks about Jesus when he's present in the portion of the Bible or Biblical account being taught.

My father's family were Methodists of the in town variety, and while they may have made a break from the Episcopalian church centuries before, there really wasn't a great deal of difference in delivery. My mom's family were Episcopalians. Neither of these denominations use the word "Jesus" a lot in normal conversation. Certainly not like one encounters with more evangelical sects who are raised to have a more familiar and conversational relationship with Jesus.

Episcopalians, Methodists, and Catholics usually refer to "God" and God's wishes/punishments/rewards while Baptists and nondenominationals tend to refer to "Jesus". You aren't likely to hear an Anglican say, 'You need to get right with Jesus." anymore than you are likely to hear a contemporary hymn at an Anglican or Catholic service.

By the same token, the sermons at Holy Communion oriented churches tend to be academic lectures on personal excellence, emotional health, or ethics explained through the application of scripture. Occasionally a social issue will make the grade, but you'll rarely if ever see the kind of social issue or political ranting that you do on any given broadcast of some of these megachurches.

So that's why I asked. If you belong to a denomination where someone would actually ask you to ask yourself 'What would Jesus do?" then your experience is probably different from most television writers and your expectations will be different.

txradioguy
03-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes.

Where? What show?

Novaheart
03-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Have you sen the show True Blood? It's a surprisingly funny contrast by the gay producers. .......... snip .......You'll never see gays or any other in the protected class get portrayed as such.

• No, I have never seen True Blood and I think you have saved me from it. I actually have a pretty low fantasy threshold. Even Star Trek, which I love, gets on my nerves now and then. Highlander was only saved by the aesthetics and the scenery. :) I confess, I did like "Lost Boys" and "Interview With A Vampire".

• About protected classes. Being gay, black, latino, etc... these are not religions or philosophies. Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and Hindu are the major religions of the world. Buddhism is arguably a religion as practiced by some, a philosophy as practiced by others. So you need to compare apples and apples. You don't criticize a writer for attacking what a person thinks by pointing to one who attacks what a person is. It doesn't make sense for example, to say, "They portray Muslims as terrorists all the time, but you never see them portray an Eskimo as a terrorist."

• The path to representation on TV is pretty well established. I haven't charted it in some time, but if you will think back to the rise of blacks on TV you have to go through these stages, not necessarily in this order:

1- background - servants extras
2- talking servants
3- funny talking servants
4- smart mouthed talking servants
5- servants with hidden talents, often covering for the boss behind the scenes
6- servant with a criminal association
7- whore with a heart of gold
8- criminal who dies in a noble act
9- comedic lead
10- dramatic lead
11- romantic lead
12- somewhat normal
13- treated like crap like everyone else

Americans can say what we like about Christians, because the overwhelming majority of us are culturally Christian. You can't claim that this is a Christian nation, and then say that the only members of the club are the ones YOU consider to be Christian. Christmas Christians are the bulk of the nation. We own the subject matter, and we can say what we like about it.

As for gay characters, yes you do see them on TV as bitchy men, butch women, drag queens, and every other stereotype. Yes, gay characters have been following the chart more or less, but we're also something of a special case in Hollywood because that's where a lot of gay people found refuge from a bigoted and discriminatory hometown America.

I find it amusing when people complain about entertainment. This is a business which has been considered beneath "decent people" since its beginnings. Mel Brooks said, Without Jews, fags, and gypsies, there is no theater.” There was a reason for that, and for "decent people" to now complain that they aren't running things is funny.

Gingersnap
03-07-2011, 02:05 PM
This title is no more acceptable than 'Muslim Mother F*ckers" or 'Jewish Bloodsuckers' would be.

The days are gone when coming out of a Christian family or knowing Christians or being able to identify 2 or 3 hymns gave you liberty to just trash Christians and Christian culture with no regard. The whole 'familiarity breeds contempt' thing only works when the contemptuous really are familiar with object of mockery.

Today, however, the contemptuous are only familiar with the pop culture stereotype of the mockery object. The farther the stereotype drifts from reality, the more offensive and the less understandable the mockery becomes.

FBIGuy
03-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Sounds like someone(s) need a good christian bitch slappin.

Novaheart
03-07-2011, 02:10 PM
This title is no more acceptable than 'Muslim Mother F*ckers" or 'Jewish Bloodsuckers' would be.

The days are gone when coming out of a Christian family or knowing Christians or being able to identify 2 or 3 hymns gave you liberty to just trash Christians and Christian culture with no regard. The whole 'familiarity breeds contempt' thing only works when the contemptuous really are familiar with object of mockery.

Today, however, the contemptuous are only familiar with the pop culture stereotype of the mockery object. The farther the stereotype drifts from reality, the more offensive and the less understandable the mockery becomes.

Dallas native Kim Gatlin has spent most of her professional life in the fields of charitable fundraising and commercial real estate title sales.

In Good Christian Bitches, Kim puts a voice to the downside of gossip in a light-hearted piece of fiction but with a message that she hopes will resonate with women everywhere.

Like the feisty, charismatic women in Good Christian Bitches, Kim and the women in her life are bold, sassy and strong. She counts her mother, sister, girlfriends, cousin and two steadfast Southern Baptist grandmothers in that group—all women who use these traits as assets and gifts.
As an advocate for numerous charitable organizations, Kim is committed to fundraising for a variety of causes including the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation where she sits on the board, Crystal Charity Ball, Alzheimer’s Association, Dallas Cattle Baron’s Ball benefiting the American Cancer Society, and Children’s Medical Center Women’s Auxiliary.
Kim lives in the Park Cities area of Dallas with her two children.
Good Christian Bitches is her first book.

http://www.goodchristianbitches.com/gcb%20web/author.html

Novaheart
03-07-2011, 02:12 PM
1. First of all—that title! Whoa! What prompted you to write the book and
title it Good Christian Bitches?
I went through a really difficult time during and after a divorce that was
made even more difficult by the neighborhood gossips. Some of the worst
perpetrators were women who held themselves up in the community as Christian women. Many people noticed how
duplicitous and mean-spirited their behavior was, but no one close to them ever called them out on it, but it sure
didn’t keep people from talking about THEM behind THEIR backs. I told a friend one day how shocked I was by
the behavior of these good Christian women, and she responded with, “you mean good Christian bitches”. The more
people observed my experience and the more I shared my experience with others, the more I realized this was a subject
that needed to be out of the closet and highlighted.
2. What are some of the characteristics of a Good Christian Bitch or GCB?
What sets a GCB apart from other Christian women is intent. We’re all human. We’re all fallible. Christians aren’t
perfect. We’re going to make mistakes, we’re going to slight and hurt others without meaning to. A GCB is a Christian
woman who does all those things with intent when she’s not about to let her Christian walk get in the way of her
worldly agenda.

Novaheart
03-07-2011, 02:14 PM

Ever heard the expression "As cold as Methodist charity."?

Gingersnap
03-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Ever heard the expression "As cold as Methodist charity."?

I have but it lacks the emotional impact of "bitches".

Rockntractor
03-07-2011, 08:46 PM

I like my bitches without britches!:cool:

PoliCon
03-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Because different denominations express themselves differently and that would generate different expectations.

I went to Catholic school. The image of Jesus is everywhere, as is the image of Mary. But while Mary is spoken of frequently, Jesus is rarely mentioned by name in the course of a normal day outside of religion class. Even religion class only talks about Jesus when he's present in the portion of the Bible or Biblical account being taught.

My father's family were Methodists of the in town variety, and while they may have made a break from the Episcopalian church centuries before, there really wasn't a great deal of difference in delivery. My mom's family were Episcopalians. Neither of these denominations use the word "Jesus" a lot in normal conversation. Certainly not like one encounters with more evangelical sects who are raised to have a more familiar and conversational relationship with Jesus.

Episcopalians, Methodists, and Catholics usually refer to "God" and God's wishes/punishments/rewards while Baptists and nondenominationals tend to refer to "Jesus". You aren't likely to hear an Anglican say, 'You need to get right with Jesus." anymore than you are likely to hear a contemporary hymn at an Anglican or Catholic service.

By the same token, the sermons at Holy Communion oriented churches tend to be academic lectures on personal excellence, emotional health, or ethics explained through the application of scripture. Occasionally a social issue will make the grade, but you'll rarely if ever see the kind of social issue or political ranting that you do on any given broadcast of some of these megachurches.

So that's why I asked. If you belong to a denomination where someone would actually ask you to ask yourself 'What would Jesus do?" then your experience is probably different from most television writers and your expectations will be different.

I've experiences with the whole spectrum of Christian though and theology from Messianic to Orthodox to Roman to Reformed to Anabaptist to Fundamentalist and everything in between. That does not change that Touched by an Angel did not even obliquely refer to the second person of the Trinity in any way shape or form.

Gingersnap
03-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Let's get back to whether or not 'Muslim Mother F*ckers' would be equally acceptable as a show title.

PoliCon
03-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Let's get back to whether or not 'Muslim Mother F*ckers' would be equally acceptable as a show title.

:rolleyes: of course it would. I mean why wouldn't the media be equal opportunity offenders?? :D

Novaheart
03-07-2011, 11:27 PM

Yeah well, to date there is no TV show on air called Good Christian Bitches, but it's sure generating a lot of free press coverage isn't it?

And while we're on the subject:

• Haven't we been told that no one has a right to go through life without being offended?

• Haven't we been told that hate-speech and idiocy on talk radio is market driven, and therefore good?

If GCB is truly offensive to so many people it will fail, won't it?

Novaheart
03-07-2011, 11:29 PM
:rolleyes: of course it would. I mean why wouldn't the media be equal opportunity offenders?? :D

Islam is called fascism , terrorism, backward, and hateful on talk radio every morning.

PoliCon
03-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Islam is called fascism , terrorism, backward, and hateful on talk radio every morning.

and talk radio is the ALTERNATIVE media.

Novaheart
03-07-2011, 11:40 PM
and talk radio is the ALTERNATIVE media.

AM radio is alternative media in the same way a surrey is alternative transportation.

Rockntractor
03-07-2011, 11:47 PM
AM radio is alternative media in the same way a surrey is alternative transportation.

Tell that to Rush Limbaugh, the last contract he signed went into the hundreds of millions.

NJCardFan
03-08-2011, 11:46 AM

And this is an incorrect assessment of Islam in what way?

Islam is Fascist: Islam is fascist. It's their way or death. This is their words, not mine and not talk radio's. Kill the infidel is their mantra. It's in the Koran(Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - Sura 2:191)

Terrorism is Islamic: 99.9% of terrorism in the past 10 years or so is perpetrated by Islamic fundamentalist led by groups hell bent on world wide Islamic domination hence it ties in to the fascism aspect.

Islam is backward: Dude, need I explain this? Don't you remember when Afghanistan was liberated, citizens were digging up long buried televisions because it was against the Taliban law to own a TV?

Islam is Hateful: Oh, no. Islam is a loving, peaceful religion.:rolleyes: Full of acceptance. Tell you what, you go to Yemen ans proclaim that you are gay and see how loving and peaceful they are.

All you are doing hee is being a typical head in the sand liberal. Nothing more.

Novaheart
03-08-2011, 12:55 PM
And this is an incorrect assessment of Islam in what way?

Islam is Fascist: Islam is fascist. It's their way or death. This is their words, not mine and not talk radio's. Kill the infidel is their mantra. It's in the Koran(Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - Sura 2:191)

Terrorism is Islamic: 99.9% of terrorism in the past 10 years or so is perpetrated by Islamic fundamentalist led by groups hell bent on world wide Islamic domination hence it ties in to the fascism aspect.

Islam is backward: Dude, need I explain this? Don't you remember when Afghanistan was liberated, citizens were digging up long buried televisions because it was against the Taliban law to own a TV?

Islam is Hateful: Oh, no. Islam is a loving, peaceful religion.:rolleyes: Full of acceptance. Tell you what, you go to Yemen ans proclaim that you are gay and see how loving and peaceful they are.

All you are doing hee is being a typical head in the sand liberal. Nothing more.

Actually, I agree with what Beck says about Islam. I also see the humor in "Good Christian Bitches" and do not see it as an indictment of all Christians, all fundmentalist Christians, or all of whatever Mrs. Smith and PoliCon and Gingersnap consider themselves to be other than the arbiter of what is permissible for people from a Christian culture to say about other Christians.

There is a name for a religion which does not allow itself to be criticized, parodied, or mocked by those within or those who have left: Scientology.

hampshirebrit
03-08-2011, 05:49 PM

Well, I'd definitely watch it, at least the pilot episode.

PoliCon
03-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Actually, I agree with what Beck says about Islam. I also see the humor in "Good Christian Bitches" and do not see it as an indictment of all Christians, all fundmentalist Christians, or all of whatever Mrs. Smith and PoliCon and Gingersnap consider themselves to be other than the arbiter of what is permissible for people from a Christian culture to say about other Christians.

There is a name for a religion which does not allow itself to be criticized, parodied, or mocked by those within or those who have left: Scientology.

I can see the irony in the name as a title - I'd have to learn more about the show and what it's based on before I criticized.

Rockntractor
03-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Good Christian bitch.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/jesus-loves-me.jpg

megimoo
03-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Let's get back to whether or not 'Muslim Mother F*ckers' would be equally acceptable as a show title.Only if you had a death wish !

wilbur
03-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Hehe! One minute its a show called "Good Christian Bitches".... the next its a gulag! CITM, we're coming for you!

Be afraid!