PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Rep, 'Gopher' Leaves Radio Show After Alleged Pressure Over Islam Comments

SAMSPADE
03-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Fred Grandy, the former "Love Boat" star who served several terms in Congress before landing a gig as a radio host, resigned from his show this week after he was pressured to stop talking so much about radical Islam, his wife, Catherine, told FoxNews.com.

Catherine Mann-Grandy, who spoke with FoxNews.com extensively about the details of their split with WMAL management, confirmed that the couple's critical commentary on radical Islam was the driving factor behind Grandy's resignation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/05/ex-rep-gopher-leaves-radio-pressure-islam-comments/

Okay since when is it wrong to talk about what I see is more and more encroachment on American life with those who want this nation to accept Muslim law and life style?

txradioguy
03-06-2011, 07:30 AM
WMAL has bowed to pressure from CAIR before when they fired one of their mid day hosts for making accurate remarks about radical Islam.

Grandy was merely pointing out what a threat their brand of terrorism is. He was told not to say those truthful things by the management. He stood on his proncipals and stood his ground.

And in the end CAIR got another scalp.

ABC in Georgia
03-06-2011, 08:15 PM
And in the end CAIR got another scalp.

One hundred percent correct, Tex.

I always make sure to read most of your posts. Are truly hearfelt and to the point. I too, do not for one minute trust anything CAIR ... takiyya (sp?) practicing, pieces of you-know-what have to say. Wish more people in this country had the guts to stand up to them. Will not hold my breath, however.

Am very interested in seeing just how far Peter King's House panel gets into looking into the radicalization of US Muslims.

PS ... after checking in to read CU at night, next site I always read is www.jihadwatch.org ... is a good one. Presume you do as well.

~ ABC

Odysseus
03-07-2011, 10:49 AM
One hundred percent correct, Tex.

I always make sure to read most of your posts. Are truly hearfelt and to the point. I too, do not for one minute trust anything CAIR ... takiyya (sp?) practicing, pieces of you-know-what have to say. Wish more people in this country had the guts to stand up to them. Will not hold my breath, however.

Am very interested in seeing just how far Peter King's House panel gets into looking into the radicalization of US Muslims.

PS ... after checking in to read CU at night, next site I always read is www.jihadwatch.org ... is a good one. Presume you do as well.

~ ABC

Rep. King will not pull any punches. What will be interesting is seeing how the other committee members react. Most Democrats and some Republicans will spout the CAIR line, but King is extremely well-informed and isn't shy about making his points. What he ought to begin with is an inquiry into CAIR's support for the Holy Land charity, which is a convicted terrorist finance front, and in whose trial CAIR was declared an unidicted co-conspirator. Expect the media to pull out all of the stops in attempting to whitewash the Islamist record and target those who seek to scrutinize it. Best possible endstate will be that the public is aware of what CAIR is and that no one in the media feels the need to act on their scalphunting expeditions. Worst case is that Republicans are successfully tarred as bigots and the Religion of Peace comes out smelling like a rose.

txradioguy
03-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Rep. King will not pull any punches. What will be interesting is seeing how the other committee members react. Most Democrats and some Republicans will spout the CAIR line, but King is extremely well-informed and isn't shy about making his points. What he ought to begin with is an inquiry into CAIR's support for the Holy Land charity, which is a convicted terrorist finance front, and in whose trial CAIR was declared an unidicted co-conspirator. Expect the media to pull out all of the stops in attempting to whitewash the Islamist record and target those who seek to scrutinize it. Best possible endstate will be that the public is aware of what CAIR is and that no one in the media feels the need to act on their scalphunting expeditions. Worst case is that Republicans are successfully tarred as bigots and the Religion of Peace comes out smelling like a rose.

I would give anything to see that loud mouth Doug "Ibrahim" Hooper fitted for a Federal Prison jumpsuit.

Odysseus
03-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I would give anything to see that loud mouth Doug "Ibrahim" Hooper fitted for a Federal Prison jumpsuit.

The most that congress can do to him is cite him for contempt. It would take the Justice Dept. to put him in prison for financing terrorist groups, so that will have to wait until a new AG comes into office, or Holder can find it in his busy schedule to prosecute actual lawbreakers and uphold actual laws, instead of suing states for doing it.

txradioguy
03-07-2011, 01:02 PM
The most that congress can do to him is cite him for contempt. It would take the Justice Dept. to put him in prison for financing terrorist groups, so that will have to wait until a new AG comes into office, or Holder can find it in his busy schedule to prosecute actual lawbreakers and uphold actual laws, instead of suing states for doing it.

Yeah he's too busy explaining why prosecuting the Black Panthers would somehow be an insult to "his people".

:rolleyes:

noonwitch
03-07-2011, 04:14 PM
He left because he didn't want to be censored by station management.

I don't get why the station had such a problem with it. Talk radio is a conservative thing, so who's going to complain? And even if someone does complain, shouldn't management respond by citing the first amendment?

ABC in Georgia
03-07-2011, 10:04 PM
He left because he didn't want to be censored by station management.

In stronger words ... he adamantly REFUSED to be censored. He would rather quit than be silenced ... and did.

I don't get why the station had such a problem with it. Talk radio is a conservative thing, so who's going to complain? And even if someone does complain, shouldn't management respond by citing the first amendment?

You mean by citing the *PC* first amendment, don't you? Seems to be all that we have now! :mad::mad::mad:

~ ABC