PDA

View Full Version : Golf is Back! Obama’s 60th Outing as President

txradioguy
03-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Well, the mercury has crept back up above 60 degrees here in Washington, and so it’s time once again for President Obama to head out to the golf course.

This is the president’s 60th time golfing as president, meaning Obama has spent two months of his presidency on the golf course.

The rounds usually take about five hours, including motorcading back an forth to the course.

According to statistics compiled by CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller, who keeps close tabs on the president’s activities, Obama played 30 rounds in 2010, 28 rounds in 2009, and two this year, including today.

George W. Bush gave up golfing in 2003, explaining why he did it in a 2008 interview with POLITICO.

“I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”

Some think Obama should follow Bush’s example. But Obama clearly is addicted to the game and probably feels he needs to play to get his mind off of Washington, generally choosing the company of young administration staffers instead of lawmakers or senior aides.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/03/05/golf-2/

Novaheart
03-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Anything that bashes golf is OK with me.

lacarnut
03-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Anything that bashes golf is OK with me.

That's because you are low class.

Although Obama's 60th outing playing golf is a tad over the top, it does keep his mind off of f....g up the country for a few hours at a time.

Novaheart
03-07-2011, 02:19 PM
That's because you are low class.

So saith the member from the genetic slurry that is Louisiana.

noonwitch
03-07-2011, 03:29 PM
The only kind of golf I've ever played involves hitting the ball through little windmills and castles. I really don't care how much golf a president plays, it seems to be a popular game among the politicians.

lacarnut
03-07-2011, 03:36 PM

We do have our share of genetic freaks like you here but probably not as many as in Key West.

lacarnut
03-07-2011, 03:44 PM
The only kind of golf I've ever played involves hitting the ball through little windmills and castles. I really don't care how much golf a president plays, it seems to be a popular game among the politicians.

Many business people play golf not only for the fun of it but to make contacts. Kinda leaves a dipshit like Nova out. It is also one of the few active sports you can play at a ripe old age. Arnold Palmer comes to mind.

CueSi
03-07-2011, 10:04 PM
We do have our share of genetic freaks like you here but probably not as many as in Key West.

Key West isn't as gay as Wilton Manors, by the raw numbers.

~QC

PoliCon
03-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Well, the mercury has crept back up above 60 degrees here in Washington, and so it’s time once again for President Obama to head out to the golf course.

This is the president’s 60th time golfing as president, meaning Obama has spent two months of his presidency on the golf course.

The rounds usually take about five hours, including motorcading back an forth to the course.

According to statistics compiled by CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller, who keeps close tabs on the president’s activities, Obama played 30 rounds in 2010, 28 rounds in 2009, and two this year, including today.

George W. Bush gave up golfing in 2003, explaining why he did it in a 2008 interview with POLITICO.

“I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”

Some think Obama should follow Bush’s example. But Obama clearly is addicted to the game and probably feels he needs to play to get his mind off of Washington, generally choosing the company of young administration staffers instead of lawmakers or senior aides.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/03/05/golf-2/

:mad::mad::mad: LIES ALL LIES!! Bush was the one who was always playing golf and on vacation!! Obama is the hardest working man in America!!

Novaheart
03-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Many business people play golf not only for the fun of it but to make contacts. Kinda leaves a dipshit like Nova out. It is also one of the few active sports you can play at a ripe old age. Arnold Palmer comes to mind.

It's a stretch to call something a sport when people smoke between turns, sometimes play on alcohol or drugs, and ride around in an electric cart.

Novaheart
03-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Key West isn't as gay as Wilton Manors, by the raw numbers.

~QC

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a queer in Louisiana. They all drive pick-ups with "Bubba Oustalet" burned into a wooden bumper. I have no idea why.

MountainMan
03-07-2011, 11:54 PM

Ok, that is funny shit right there..... :D

lacarnut
03-08-2011, 12:28 AM
You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a queer in Louisiana. They all drive pick-ups with "Bubba Oustalet" burned into a wooden bumper. I have no idea why.

Not where I live. You must be having flashbacks of those fond memories you had in the San Fran bathouses.

NJCardFan
03-08-2011, 11:07 AM
:mad::mad::mad: LIES ALL LIES!! Bush was the one who was always playing golf and on vacation!! Obama is the hardest working man in America!!

If you don't believe it, just ask him.

ralph wiggum
03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
It's a stretch to call something a sport when people smoke between turns, sometimes play on alcohol or drugs, and ride around in an electric cart.

Drugs? :rolleyes:

And come on, gas carts are the only way to increase your carbon footprint. :D

Bailey
03-08-2011, 12:10 PM

Please, if John Kruk was a baseball player (and they call baseball a sport) I guess you can call golf a sport too.

Novaheart
03-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Please, if John Kruk was a baseball player (and they call baseball a sport) I guess you can call golf a sport too.

A commentary on baseball what what I based my comment on. Baseball bores me to tears, and always has. When I was a kid, we would bake in the stands at kids games, the Orioles, Senators, softball, .... all with a perfectly good ocean and some swimming pools nearby for recreation. But I digress.....

In the San Francisco Chronicle, columnist Herb Caen once said of the town gushing over its baseball team, "How can you can something a sport that can be played while smoking a cigarette?"

Rebel Yell
03-08-2011, 01:19 PM

Ain't that where Satanicus lives?

CueSi
03-09-2011, 12:50 AM

I would believe you if we're talking New Orleans, which seems pretty gay to me (I mean, Anne Rice lived there for a while), but if you're talking state wide... not so sure.

Trust me, though, Wilton Manors/Oakland Park is Gay. As. Heck.

~QC

AmPat
03-09-2011, 08:51 AM
:mad: LIES ALL LIES!! Bush was the one who was always playing golf and on vacation!! Obama is the hardest working man in America!!

And the smartest.:rolleyes:

Of course after all this golf, he still sucks. I don't play and I can play better than he does.

O blah blah and golf is lipstick on a pig,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sorry Rock.:o

noonwitch
03-09-2011, 08:54 AM
I would believe you if we're talking New Orleans, which seems pretty gay to me (I mean, Anne Rice lived there for a while), but if you're talking state wide... not so sure.

~QC

Yeah, but most of Anne Rice's vampires weren't from New Orleans, they were bisexual, cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

All the gay people around here live in Royal Oak or Ferndale, or they are "just roommates". There might be plenty of gay people in Detroit, but they don't advertise unless they are prostitutes.

Rebel Yell
03-09-2011, 09:04 AM

~QC

Lot's of people think there is no Louisiana besides New Orleans, just like they think everyone from Georgia lives in Atlanta.