PDA

View Full Version : " TOE NAIL clippings can predicts lung cancer years before it strikes"

megimoo
03-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Toenail clippings could allow scientists to predict the risk of lung cancer many years before it develops, research has shown.

Measuring nicotine levels in clippings found men with the highest readings were more than three times more likely to get cancer than those with the lowest....Because toenails grow so slowly at 1cm a year they provide vital information on long-term exposure to cigarette smoke

The findings, by experts at the University of San Diego in California, could pave the way for doctors to screen for lung tumours....Toenails not only identify which smokers are most at risk but also which non-smokers, says the study in the American Journal of Epidemiology.....This means it provides clues to the damaging effects of passive smoking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1363863/Lung-cancer-risk-predicted-nicotine-levels-toe-nail-clippings.html

Calypso Jones
03-08-2011, 08:45 AM
oh bull. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
03-08-2011, 10:11 AM
oh bull. :rolleyes:

I can predict the course of history with chicken bones!

Odysseus
03-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Toenail clippings could allow scientists to predict the risk of lung cancer many years before it develops, research has shown.

Measuring nicotine levels in clippings found men with the highest readings were more than three times more likely to get cancer than those with the lowest....Because toenails grow so slowly at 1cm a year they provide vital information on long-term exposure to cigarette smoke

The findings, by experts at the University of San Diego in California, could pave the way for doctors to screen for lung tumours....Toenails not only identify which smokers are most at risk but also which non-smokers, says the study in the American Journal of Epidemiology.....This means it provides clues to the damaging effects of passive smoking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1363863/Lung-cancer-risk-predicted-nicotine-levels-toe-nail-clippings.html

Anyone who is smoking their toenail clippings deserves lung cancer. :D

Rockntractor
03-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Anyone who is smoking their toenail clippings deserves lung cancer. :D

Toenails should be illegal.:eek:

FBIGuy
03-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Having sex with crack whores predicts STD's weeks before it strikes.

Now where are my millions in grant money?

Rockntractor
03-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Having sex with crack whores predicts STD's weeks before it strikes.

Now where are my millions in grant money?

Did you steal my chicken bones?:mad:

FBIGuy
03-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Did you steal my chicken bones?:mad:

Chicken. It's whats for dinner.

megimoo
03-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I can predict the course of history with chicken bones!
Extispicy :I was told it 's Owl intestines to Scrying,divining the future ,The Owl is the messenger of the Oracle !

Rockntractor
03-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Extispicy :I was told it 's Owl intestines to Scrying,divining the future ,The Owl is the messenger of the Oracle !

After Hootie the Night Owl our dear friend on CU, my faith in Owl power is weak.

Odysseus
03-08-2011, 06:29 PM
After Hootie the Night Owl our dear friend on CU, my faith in Owl power is weak.

If Athena ever sees what Nightie is doing to her bird's reputation, I expect to see a serious case of godly vengeance.

Articulate_Ape
03-08-2011, 11:20 PM
I use my toenail clippings as boomerangs to kill moths.

Rockntractor
03-08-2011, 11:23 PM

Do you then eat the moths?:confused:

Odysseus
03-09-2011, 10:25 AM

Do you then eat the moths?:confused:

I like to stun them and then put them into a lantern. They wake up, go into the light and then barbecue themselves. A little tabasco sauce and you have a meal that cooks itself, entertains and is both tasty and nutritious. :D