PDA

View Full Version : Tea Partiers Clean-Up Mess Left By Union Protesters in Wisconsin

Rockntractor
03-08-2011, 12:57 PM
video at link
http://www.breitbart.tv/tea-partiers-clean-up-mess-left-by-union-protesters-in-wisconsin/

wilbur
03-08-2011, 01:01 PM
LOL what a bunch of BS.

fettpett
03-08-2011, 01:11 PM
LOL what a bunch of BS.

what? that the liberal/union protesters didn't trash the Capital? you're an idiot. They have left that place a fucking pigsty ever since this started 4 weeks ago.

wilbur
03-08-2011, 01:18 PM
what? that the liberal/union protesters didn't trash the Capital? you're an idiot. They have left that place a fucking pigsty ever since this started 4 weeks ago.

I'm sure there are things to clean up - but c'mon... who here thinks this whole thing is anything more that another iteration in the "union members are sub-human scum" narrative that the right media has been creating? Why, they're so evil they don't even pick up after themselves! The humanity! Why, their concerns must be illegitimate if they didn't have the decency to remove all the tape from their signs!

fettpett
03-08-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm sure there are things to clean up - but c'mon... who here thinks this whole thing is anything more that another iteration in the "union members are sub-human scum" narrative that the right media has been creating? Why, they're so evil they don't even pick up after themselves! The humanity! Why, their concerns must be illegitimate if they didn't have the decency to remove all the tape from their signs!

http://pumabydesign001.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/wisconsin-teachers-union-protest-trash.jpg
http://foreclosureblues.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/wisconsin-teachers-union-protest-trash-2.jpg
http://www.prwatch.org/files/images/gallery/cleaning_up_capitol.jpg
http://www.prwatch.org/files/images/Fighting%20Bob_0.jpg

fettpett
03-08-2011, 01:28 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-254PkxffsjU/TXCMwLuHWqI/AAAAAAAAC2s/O8aGCiDAnIw/s1600/Trash-620x4591.jpg

http://anotherblackconservative.blogspot.com/2011/03/protesters-cause-75-million-in-damages.html
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/117340918.html

Madison - State officials said Thursday that damage to the marble inside and out the State Capitol would cost an estimated $7.5 million.

Cari Anne Renlund, chief legal counsel for the state Department of Administration, said in Dane County court that estimates of damage to marble includes $6 million to repair damaged marble inside the Capitol, $1 million for damage outside and $500,000 for costs to supervise the damage.

Much of the damage apparently has come from tape used to put up signs and placards at the Capitol.

It was not immediately clear how the estimates were made, though the state is apparently relying on opinions by historical architects, one of whom works for the U.S. Park Service.

One concern is the residue from tape that the state says is causing damage to stone and other surfaces inside the Capitol.

Michele Curran, an architectural historian for the National Parks Service who coordinates national historic landmarks in Wisconsin, said she didn’t know how the state had arrived at its damage figures.

She said certain kinds of tape can leave lasting residues on surfaces such as marble or wood if they are improperly removed. But she said only a professional cleaning service experienced in such work and familiar with the situation in the state Capitol could estimate any possible costs.

“They need a quote from a company that specializes in cleaning historic surfaces,” Curran said.

Many of the papers and banners posted in the state Capitol were put up using painter’s tape, which is employed to minimize effects on walls.

yes...it was just "a little trash"

wilbur
03-08-2011, 01:31 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-254PkxffsjU/TXCMwLuHWqI/AAAAAAAAC2s/O8aGCiDAnIw/s1600/Trash-620x4591.jpg

http://anotherblackconservative.blogspot.com/2011/03/protesters-cause-75-million-in-damages.html
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/117340918.html

yes...it was just "a little trash"

Yep - seem these same photos pasted everywhere as "proof". But how the heck do you know what's going on with a few context-less pictures on the internet? How do you know people weren't there cleaning up after the events? Because anti-union partisan media told you so?

The $7.5 million estimate has already been outed as completely made-up. Even Fox seems to have had to admit that.

fettpett
03-08-2011, 01:48 PM
ok, so they overestimated by a lot, still 350,000 is a fucking lot for them to have to pay to clean up. Not to mention all the time and money that will be paid the the teachers for not working and dragging kids out to protest.

FBIGuy
03-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Yep - seem these same photos pasted everywhere as "proof". But how the heck do you know what's going on with a few context-less pictures on the internet? How do you know people weren't there cleaning up after the events? Because anti-union partisan media told you so?

The $7.5 million estimate has already been outed as completely made-up. Even Fox seems to have had to admit that.

This is amazing! Apparently stupid is a positive evolutionary trait.

RobJohnson
03-08-2011, 11:28 PM

Do you just play dumb?

Zathras
03-08-2011, 11:43 PM
This is amazing! Apparently stupid is a positive evolutionary trait.

With wilbur it is....when you're born a short bus riding imbecile like wilbur, stupid is a great improvement.

wilbur
03-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Do you just play dumb?

Only when I'm trying to put myself in your shoes!

AmPat
03-09-2011, 08:58 AM
All this evidence is embarrassing to Wilbur because he knows his peeps are the filthy little freaks we all claim them to be. Now go wipe your disgusting nose little Wilbur, you're sickening us.

FBIGuy
03-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Only when I'm trying to put myself in your shoes!

C'mon now. Give yourself some credit. You come by this level of retardation naturally.

wilbur
03-09-2011, 09:21 AM
All this evidence is embarrassing to Wilbur because he knows his peeps are the filthy little freaks we all claim them to be. Now go wipe your disgusting nose little Wilbur, you're sickening us.

Nope, I'm agnostic on the matter - they may have made an inexcusable mess, they may not have...

What I do know is that the vast majority of the reporting on the matter is just BS - from day one, the narrative on the right media was to cast these people as utter villains, no matter what. Since conservatives already believe that of most union members, it went over like gangbusters.

That's what all these stories are all about - to make you all believe that they are all bad people to the core, lest anyone have any doubts about opposing their cause.

Rockntractor
03-09-2011, 09:23 AM
wonder if Wilbur has to clean the basement where he lives or if his mom has to come down to do it.

FBIGuy
03-09-2011, 09:25 AM
wonder if Wilbur has to clean the basement where he lives or if his mom has to come down to do it.

I'm not sure he's come down from the tree's yet.

Zathras
03-09-2011, 09:28 AM
What's funny is I have wilbur on ignore so I don't have to read his stupidity that he constantly posts here. So any lame ass replies he makes directed towards my posts are a waste of time....much like everything else he posts here.

Lager
03-09-2011, 04:24 PM
What I do know is that the vast majority of the reporting on the matter is just BS - from day one, the narrative on the right media was to cast these people as utter villains, no matter what.

Wow, I am amazed at how quickly Wilbur jumped to the defense of the union protestors. He apparently couldn't stand by and watch how unfairly they were portrayed in the media. The inaccuracies were too much for him. Now the fact that the Govenor was compared to Hitler and associated with everything foul under the sun, or that the tea party members are constantly derided as racists, bigots etc in the media; that doesn't set off his alarm bells as much. But calling his brothers in arms messy, that was just too much to take. Rise up Wilbur. Speak truth to power! :rolleyes:

cast these people as utter villains, no matter what.

Gee, what playbook does that strike you as being out of?

AmPat
03-09-2011, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=wilbur;384259]Nope, I'm agnostic on the matter - they may have made an inexcusable mess, they may not have...That right there is why you have no credibility. Admit it in a rare demostration of honesty that they DID EXACTLY what the evidence reveals or continue to be the lying liberal we all know so well.

What I do know is that the vast majority of the reporting on the matter is just BS - from day one, the narrative on the right media was to cast these people as utter villains, no matter what. Since conservatives already believe that of most union members, it went over like gangbusters.I saw no evidence of your wild assertions. You just can't stand that your villians were being villanous.

That's what all these stories are all about - to make you all believe that they are all bad people to the core, lest anyone have any doubts about opposing their cause.Wrong again Quickdraw. The stories I saw reported and showed these imbeciles to be the filthy little whiners we all knew them to be. They condemned themselves on public TV.

Adam Wood
03-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Nope, I'm agnostic on the matter - they may have made an inexcusable mess, they may not have...

http://i54.tinypic.com/4zyo9l.jpg

LOL what a bunch of BS.

wilbur
03-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Wow, I am amazed at how quickly Wilbur jumped to the defense of the union protestors. He apparently couldn't stand by and watch how unfairly they were portrayed in the media. The inaccuracies were too much for him. Now the fact that the Govenor was compared to Hitler and associated with everything foul under the sun, or that the tea party members are constantly derided as racists, bigots etc in the media; that doesn't set off his alarm bells as much. But calling his brothers in arms messy, that was just too much to take. Rise up Wilbur. Speak truth to power! :rolleyes:

Gee, what playbook does that strike you as being out of?

Thank you for bringing up the tea party coverage - which yes, is generally just as bad. However, with this whole debacle, we see its not honesty and unbiased reporting that conservatives *actually* want. It seems they want the bias after all, but just aimed in another direction.

fettpett
03-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Wilbur can't help himself, neither can any of the other libtards out there. Even when presented with evidence of the protesters utter disregard for the Capital and the people working there for over 3 weeks, they've still denied it and say it's all propaganda. Pictures of the mess that they have left along with reports of how nasty they left the inside of the building starting the first weekend have been all over the place.

wilbur
03-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Wilbur can't help himself, neither can any of the other libtards out there. Even when presented with evidence of the protesters utter disregard for the Capital and the people working there for over 3 weeks, they've still denied it and say it's all propaganda. Pictures of the mess that they have left along with reports of how nasty they left the inside of the building starting the first weekend have been all over the place.

Yea, and how many of these reports are coming from the same places that were reporting the $7.5 million number!?

fettpett
03-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Yea, and how many of these reports are coming from the same places that were reporting the $7.5 million number!?

hey dumbass, I looked it up and corrected it, if you can't fucking read it's not my fault. Besides the Journal Sentinel is FAR from a conservative paper and they were one of the first to report the story and where I posted the link from. It was an EXTREME overestimation and probably someone just throwing out numbers without actually looking at the damage. However only in you're little world does it matter. It's still going to cost the state $500+ to clean up everything

wilbur
03-09-2011, 06:15 PM
hey dumbass, I looked it up and corrected it, if you can't fucking read it's not my fault. Besides the Journal Sentinel is FAR from a conservative paper and they were one of the first to report the story and where I posted the link from. It was an EXTREME overestimation and probably someone just throwing out numbers without actually looking at the damage. However only in you're little world does it matter. It's still going to cost the state $500+ to clean up everything

I know you recognized the corrected figure. But honestly how and why do you think this (absurdly wrong) figure was spread so far and wide in the right media, when it could have been corrected with an ounce of fact checking?

Rockntractor
03-09-2011, 06:23 PM
I know you recognized the corrected figure. But honestly how and why do you think this (absurdly wrong) figure was spread so far and wide in the right media, when it could have been corrected with an ounce of fact checking?
You people are slobs, why quibble about what size.

Madisonian
03-10-2011, 12:46 AM

Actually, if they end up using union labor to clean up the mess, 7.5 mil could be a gross underestimate of the costs.
12 people to empty 1 trash can per hour (not including paid breaks), the costs add up rather quickly.:D

NJCardFan
03-10-2011, 01:10 AM

Have you ever worked in a union shop? I have and I do. Sucks when you know that no matter how hard you work, you will still make the same amount of money that a lazy fuck up makes no matter what. Workers are lazy and disrespectful and don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. These people are no exception. 'Fuck the state, give me all.' Unions need to be taken down a peg and I'm glad this happened.

txradioguy
03-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Thank you for bringing up the tea party coverage - which yes, is generally just as bad. However, with this whole debacle, we see its not honesty and unbiased reporting that conservatives *actually* want. It seems they want the bias after all, but just aimed in another direction.

Just as bad? Who gave bad coverage to thses ingrate striking teachers?

The MSM had on their Lewinsky model knee pads on for them the entire time.

fettpett
03-10-2011, 10:56 AM

It got spread because it's the internet dumbass, once it was estimated and put out there, that was it. The "right wing media" wasn't the only ones that picked it up and ran with it.