PDA

View Full Version : DOJ sting targets Bobby Jindal and ignores the law

Apocalypse
03-09-2011, 09:52 AM
DOJ sting targets Bobby Jindal and ignores the law

Attorney General Eric Holder's Justice Department has targeted Gov. Bobby Jindal's, R-La., administration as part of a rushed investigation into whether Louisiana is complying with federal voting laws. Undercover investigators have flooded the state to interview welfare recipients to determine if state welfare offices are urging them to register to vote.....

The "Motor Voter" law passed in 1993 contained an important congressional compromise. Welfare and motor vehicle agencies would serve as voter registration offices, while states would be obligated to conduct voter roll cleaning to purge ineligible felons and dead voters. The two provisions act together as counterparts.

The Obama administration has refused to enforce the voter list integrity provisions while making the welfare agency registration law their top priority.

DOJ Voting Section bureaucrats have been lurking outside welfare agencies in Louisiana trying to collect evidence to sue the Jindal administration. When people leave the welfare offices, investigators rush to interrogate them, asking if they were urged to register to vote. Sworn declarations of welfare recipients are snapped up.....

Never mind that scandal-plagued DOJ political appointee Julie Fernandes announced to the entire Voting Section in 2009 that the Obama DOJ would not enforce Section 8 of Motor Voter, the list integrity provisions. The DOJ Civil Rights Division treats its jurisdiction like a legal buffet, picking and choosing which laws are worthy of enforcement and which ones they don't like.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/2011/02/doj-sting-targets-bobby-jindall-and-ignores-law#ixzz1G78tORSt

txradioguy
03-09-2011, 10:28 AM
2012 can't get here fast enough.

lacarnut
03-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Obama has a thin skin and is just lashing out at his opponents. Never before have I ever seen a President have such disdain for states that are opposed to his policies or who did not vote for him such as AZ, TX, LA, etc.

DOJ is on a fishing expedition. Jindal will eat Holder and his clowns lunch in federal court if it comes to that.

noonwitch
03-09-2011, 03:04 PM
I have no problem with the provisions of the motor voter law that require states to offer voter registration at welfare or DMV offices. But does each worker have to tell each client about it? Shouldn't a "Register to vote here" sign in the lobby be enough? I remind my 17 year old charges of their right to vote at 18, but it's on them to register.

In the 90s, Michigan was not in compliance with the act, so all workers (even in children's services) were required to ask every adult client if they were registered to vote as a response.

Starbuck
03-09-2011, 03:54 PM
From the article:

If the DOJ dares to sue Louisiana, it will be a chance for Jindal to put Holder on trial instead.

Recall the testimony of former Voting Section chief Christopher Coates before the United States Commission on Civil Rights. Coates testified that his Obama political bosses spiked eight Motor Voter investigations of states that had severely corrupted voter rolls.

Americans have a right to know why the Obama DOJ is on a quest to enforce laws that register likely political allies, but won't enforce laws to protect the integrity of American elections.

Jindal may soon get a chance to demand an answer.

:mad:Come on Holder. Step in it again for us.:mad:

Madisonian
03-09-2011, 04:49 PM
I have no problem with the provisions of the motor voter law that require states to offer voter registration at welfare or DMV offices. But does each worker have to tell each client about it? Shouldn't a "Register to vote here" sign in the lobby be enough? I remind my 17 year old charges of their right to vote at 18, but it's on them to register.

In the 90s, Michigan was not in compliance with the act, so all workers (even in children's services) were required to ask every adult client if they were registered to vote as a response.

DMV I am ok with. Welfare offices? Well if you can't get off your non working ass to register at the DMV, then too damn bad.

NJCardFan
03-09-2011, 06:32 PM
They ignore ACORN's blatant voting registration fraud. They drop the case against 2 Black Panthers standing armed at a polling place to intimidate voters. But they're going after a sovereign state for no good reason. And the left is completely blind to it. As was said, 2012 can't get here fast enough.

PoliCon
03-09-2011, 07:06 PM
2012 can't get here fast enough.

amen.

PoliCon
03-09-2011, 07:10 PM
They ignore ACORN's blatant voting registration fraud. They drop the case against 2 Black Panthers standing armed at a polling place to intimidate voters. But they're going after a sovereign state for no good reason. And the left is completely blind to it. As was said, 2012 can't get here fast enough.

Are you saying that the Obama administration is being selective and partisan in their prosecutions?

:eek: Say it ain't so! :eek:

NJCardFan
03-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Are you saying that the Obama administration is being selective and partisan in their prosecutions?

:eek: Say it ain't so! :eek:

I know. Shocking, isn't it?

Starbuck
03-09-2011, 09:15 PM

I agree completely with your post.

The question of sovereignty: Many articles have been written about the question of whether States are indeed sovereign. I am of the notion that the phrase "We, the people" when used in the Constitution granted sovereignty to the individual, not the States. You are sovereign. I am sovereign. There may be some other place on earth where a citizen is recognized as sovereign, but I don't know where.

I am beginning to doubt whether I will be able to hold my breath until 2012, but I am trying.:)

PoliCon
03-09-2011, 10:16 PM
I agree completely with your post.

The question of sovereignty: Many articles have been written about the question of whether States are indeed sovereign. I am of the notion that the phrase "We, the people" when used in the Constitution granted sovereignty to the individual, not the States. You are sovereign. I am sovereign. There may be some other place on earth where a citizen is recognized as sovereign, but I don't know where.

I am beginning to doubt whether I will be able to hold my breath until 2012, but I am trying.:)

We the people of the . . . States . . . .

We are individually sovereign in ourselves and collectively sovereign in the States.

NJCardFan
03-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Then there's that pesky little 10th amendment thing.