PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Police Open Fire On Protesters

megimoo
03-10-2011, 04:16 PM
SAUDI POLICE OPEN FIRE ON PROTESTERS
link only.... The Associated Press

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/03/10/AR2011031003269.html

Gingersnap
03-10-2011, 04:27 PM
So much for the 'dialog'.

megimoo
03-10-2011, 04:33 PM
So much for the 'dialog'.Are we able to post AP crap?

Gingersnap
03-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Are we able to post AP crap?

We can do it just the way you did it, title and link. ;)

megimoo
03-10-2011, 04:48 PM
We can do it just the way you did it, title and link. ;)
so we end up carrying their water for them ?

Odysseus
03-10-2011, 04:50 PM
So much for the 'dialog'.

That was the dialog. :D

On a related note, we have a promise of protests in Kuwait:

March 8, 2011
Youth groups in Kuwait plan to hold demonstrations Tuesday calling for the resignation of the prime minister and for greater political freedoms, Al Jazeera reports. Two groups called the al-Soor al-Khames (Fifth Fence) and Kafi rally followers on Twitter to take to the streets on Tuesday as parliament holds its first session in six weeks.

I suspect that the protest will fizzle when the Kuwaitis realize that they have to protest themselves, and can't hire someone else to do it for them.

namvet
03-10-2011, 05:25 PM
if they shut down or blow the wells this 5 bucks a gallon we're bitchin' about is gonna look cheap

malloc
03-10-2011, 05:29 PM
March 8, 2011
Youth groups in Kuwait plan to hold demonstrations Tuesday calling for the resignation of the prime minister and for greater political freedoms, Al Jazeera reports. Two groups called the al-Soor al-Khames (Fifth Fence) and Kafi rally followers on Twitter to take to the streets on Tuesday as parliament holds its first session in six weeks.

I suspect that the protest will fizzle when the Kuwaitis realize that they have to protest themselves, and can't hire someone else to do it for them.

I was wondering why Kuwaitis would protest. I mean, they don't do ANYTHING. I've never seen so many $60,000+ cars in any one place other than an Auto Show than my trip from Camp Iwo Jima to Doha. It was like Jay Leno's garage rolling down the freeway. Anyone who did any labor at all were Indian. The Kuwaitis themselves seemed pretty happy, and no wonder! Granted this was 8 years ago.

ColonialMarine0431
03-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I was wondering why Kuwaitis would protest. I mean, they don't do ANYTHING. I've never seen so many $60,000+ cars in any one place other than an Auto Show than my trip from Camp Iwo Jima to Doha. It was like Jay Leno's garage rolling down the freeway. Anyone who did any labor at all were Indian. The Kuwaitis themselves seemed pretty happy, and no wonder! Granted this was 8 years ago.

Kuwait is still a Constitutional hereditary emirate. I guess the protestors want more say so in politics since political parties are non-existant. But it's true. The natives don't do anything. It's the Indians and some Philipinos that do all the labor.