PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami waves could be 6 feet in CA...

megimoo
03-11-2011, 10:39 AM
OAKLAND, California (Reuters) - Residents in parts of northern California evacuated their homes on Friday as a tsunami triggered by the massive earthquake in Japan bore down on the U.S. and Canadian west coast.

The tsunami could reach 6 feet when it hits parts of the northern California coast, a state emergency agency spokesman said.

Authorities in Oregon advised coastal residents to evacuate and schools were to be closed along the coast.

Canada issued tsunami advisories for parts of British Columbia. The government said it believed a low-level tsunami had been generated that could affect buildings on the coast or create strong currents in harbors and isolated coastal areas. Local governments were advised to immediately evacuate marinas, beaches and other areas below the normal high tide mark.

The massive 8.9 magnitude quake in Japan triggered tsunami warnings for most of the Pacific basin. Advisories or warnings were in effect from Canada all the way down the Pacific coast of South America.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Tsunami-waves-could-be-6-feet-rb-2189447145.html?x=0&.v=2

Calypso Jones
03-11-2011, 11:05 AM
it is going to be a terrible disappointment to the media if this doesn't happen.

noonwitch
03-11-2011, 11:42 AM
it is going to be a terrible disappointment to the media if this doesn't happen.

LOL, that's what I was thinking when I was watching the news this morning.

Madisonian
03-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Still looking for a downside to that happening.:confused:

The Night Owl
03-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Still looking for a downside to that happening.:confused:

You're looking for a downside to what?

Odysseus
03-11-2011, 12:36 PM
You're looking for a downside to what?

California coastal enclaves (Los Angeles, San Francisco, etc.,) being splashed by a tsunami.

I'd miss North Island NAS and pretty much all of San Diego, but a natural disaster that took out Venice, Santa Monica and San Francisco would be redundant after the election of Jerry Brown. It would be like the Titanic bouncing off the bottom of the ocean floor and tapping the base of the iceberg before finally settling down.

Arroyo_Doble
03-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Why do you hate America?

Bailey
03-11-2011, 12:51 PM
If san fran got wiped out I wouldn't shed a tear.

Rockntractor
Why do you hate America?

Do you hate your body when you give it a bath?:confused:

The Night Owl
California coastal enclaves (Los Angeles, San Francisco, etc.,) being splashed by a tsunami.

I'd miss North Island NAS and pretty much all of San Diego, but a natural disaster that took out Venice, Santa Monica and San Francisco would be redundant after the election of Jerry Brown. It would be like the Titanic bouncing off the bottom of the ocean floor and tapping the base of the iceberg before finally settling down.

Ah. So, what you're saying is that you and Madisonian would like to see your countrymen killed and their homes and businesses destroyed. This is what I would describe as a traitorous state of mind.

Arroyo_Doble
03-11-2011, 12:52 PM

Considering my wife is there right now, I would.

Bailey
03-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Why do you hate America?

I think America would be better off without them.

Arroyo_Doble
03-11-2011, 12:53 PM

Sometimes. But after a few months of watching what I eat, it passes.

Bailey
Considering my wife is there right now, I would.

Well you'd better get here out of there.

The Night Owl

Traitor.

Arroyo_Doble
03-11-2011, 12:54 PM
I think America would be better off without them.

Really?

Weird.

Arroyo_Doble
Well you'd better get here out of there.

Are you planning on blowing it up? I hear there are guys in the world that might want your help in destroying an American city.

The Night Owl

Likening human beings to filth, are we? What a godly Christian you are!

noonwitch
03-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Likening human beings to filth, are we? What a godly Christian you are!

I was going to comment, but you seem to have it covered.

Odysseus
03-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Why do you hate America?
I don't. I don't even hate California, although I could be forgiven if I did after having lived there for eight years. As I stated, a natural disaster would be redundant after the disaster that they voted in.

Ah. So, what you're saying is that you and Madisonian would like to see your countrymen killed and their homes and businesses destroyed. This is what I would describe as a traitorous state of mind.

You are often confused. I don't want to see anyone in California die (with the exception of those death row inmates who have been convicted of various horrific crimes). I'm only saying that there's not a lot of difference between Lemmings lining up to leap off of a cliff and having the cliff crumble beneath them.

The Night Owl
03-11-2011, 01:06 PM
You are often confused. I don't want to see anyone in California die (with the exception of those death row inmates who have been convicted of various horrific crimes). I'm only saying that there's not a lot of difference between Lemmings lining up to leap off of a cliff and having the cliff crumble beneath them.

You wrote that you're looking for a downside to Los Angeles and San Francisco being splashed by a tsunami. The downside is pretty fucking obvious and so we all know what you meant. But I can understand why you're trying to walk back your ugly commentary.

Novaheart
03-11-2011, 01:07 PM

It always is. Not to mention the people who drive to the coast to watch.

Rockntractor
03-11-2011, 01:08 PM

Think of it as a flea and tick dip.

Odysseus
03-11-2011, 01:19 PM
You wrote that you're looking for a downside to Los Angeles and San Francisco being splashed by a tsunami. The downside is pretty fucking obvious and so we all know what you meant. But I can understand why you're trying to walk back your ugly commentary.

Actually, that was Madisonian. I gave a downside.

The Night Owl
03-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Actually, that was Madisonian. I gave a downside.

So, do you think Madisonian had a point or do you think it was a pretty crappy thing to post?

Arroyo_Doble
03-11-2011, 01:25 PM
So, do you think Madisonian had a point or do you think it was a pretty crappy thing to post?

I think it was dark humor and instead of taking umbrage, you should joke back.

Odysseus
03-11-2011, 01:27 PM

I think that you're trolling for anything resembling a supporting comment.

But since we're on the subject of crappy things that people have been saying, do you have any response to my examples of Van Jones' and Mumia Abu-Jamal's racist rants, or are you just hoping that we'll forget that you couldn't call a bigot a bigot?

I've only been providing evidence for, what, a couple of weeks now? Let me know when you have an answer.

Good advice, but that would require a sense of humor. Nightie is significantly deficient in that.

lacarnut
03-11-2011, 01:29 PM

If it is God's will, so be it.

Odysseus
03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
If it is God's will, so be it.

And now, another can of worms opens. Nightie is going to have an anyeurism at this rate.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
03-11-2011, 01:38 PM
I don't think I can be here anymore. you guys want people dead just cause they don't share your political views. Women and children live in CA too...Let 'em drown cause they're not Republicans? Sick shit.

Calypso Jones
03-11-2011, 01:40 PM
:D oboy

lacarnut
03-11-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't think I can be here anymore. you guys want people dead just cause they don't share your political views. Women and children live in CA too...Let 'em drown cause they're not Republicans? Sick shit.

That is pure bullshit. You liberals have no sense of humor. We are just joshing you unlike the union thugs and politicians in the Democratic party that mean what they say when they want to harm/kill Bush, Walker, Senators, etc.

If you want some sick shit, go over to DU. Them fuckers are insane with their hatred. Everyone here is just having a little fun with you clowns. However, the Lord works in mysterious ways.:)

Bailey
03-11-2011, 02:03 PM
If san fran got flushed thats like 50% of the countries homo's right there :D

Odysseus
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM

See above, crack a joke and give back the umbrage that you took.

Calypso Jones
03-11-2011, 02:08 PM
go then. :)

not for a minute do i think you're serious.

Bailey
03-11-2011, 02:09 PM
See above, crack a joke and give back the umbrage that you took.

Who said I was joking? ;)

I KID I KID, well maybe a little.

Though I'd be more upset to what it would do to our economy thne anything else

The Night Owl
03-11-2011, 02:36 PM

I think I'll just take a break.

lacarnut
03-11-2011, 02:39 PM

May the Lord be with you.

Bailey
03-11-2011, 02:55 PM

you promiss? You ain't teasing me are you? :confused: :D

Madisonian
03-11-2011, 03:09 PM

It was called sarcasm, dim wit.
Like when libs and progressives hope Bush, Cheney or others die.

They don't really mean that either, do they?

Odysseus
03-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Not before you address Van Jones' racism, if you don't mind.

That's why we should always use smilies when we joke. :D:rolleyes:

Madisonian
03-11-2011, 03:33 PM
That's why we should always use smilies when we joke. :D:rolleyes:

I wish we had a sarcasm smilie. I would use the "rolleyes" one, but I think Poli has a copyright on it.:p

Gingersnap
03-11-2011, 03:34 PM

Sounds too grown-up and nuanced for some of the membership. :p

Madisonian
03-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Sounds too grown-up and nuanced for some of the membership. :p

So any mention of Godzilla would be considered tacky?:confused:

FBIGuy
03-11-2011, 04:02 PM

One of the biggest downsides is that you weren't in northern japan last night.

Zathras
03-11-2011, 07:43 PM
One of the biggest downsides is that you weren't in northern japan last night.

...on the east coast.

megimoo
03-11-2011, 07:49 PM
I wish we had a sarcasm smilie. I would use the "rolleyes" one, but I think Poli has a copyright on it.:pGood shot,an absolute bulls eye !He has them embroidered all over his skivvies.:eek:

megimoo
03-11-2011, 07:58 PM
I think I'll just take a break.Take a whole bunch ,We'll keep your little potty warm for you !

Sonnabend
03-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Megi I read that article you linked, and nowhere does it say an emergency services spokesman said the tsunami wave would be six feet.

EXPLAIN.

megimoo
03-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Megi I read that article you linked, and nowhere does it say an emergency services spokesman said the tsunami wave would be six feet.

EXPLAIN.If you were civil you could add a please ?
Drudge Banner !

NJCardFan
03-12-2011, 09:57 AM

Or that Jesse Helms or his grandchildren get AIDS. :rolleyes:

Sonnabend
03-12-2011, 05:09 PM
If you were civil you could add a please ?Drudge Banner !

No, you tell me why it appears you added a line of your own.

The tsunami could reach 6 feet when it hits parts of the northern California coast, a state emergency agency spokesman said.

That line does not appear in the article. I read it twice. So where did it come from.

Rockntractor
03-12-2011, 05:14 PM
No, you tell me why it appears you added a line of your own.

That line does not appear in the article. I read it twice. So where did it come from.

That was How Drudge introduced the article on his page, drudge does that all the time.

Sonnabend
03-12-2011, 05:16 PM
That was How Drudge introduced the article on his page, drudge does that all the time

Then megimoo needs to make that clear. As usual with him, we get half the story.

Rockntractor
03-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Then megimoo needs to make that clear. As usual with him, we get half the story.

I didn't think it made that much difference, I heard all morning yesterday from different sources that we could expect six foot waves. How are you guys recovering from your recent mess?

Sonnabend
03-12-2011, 05:25 PM
NZ continues the cleanup and repair.

No reports in the Pacific Rim. All quiet.