PDA

View Full Version : Obama Urged to Seize Reins as Crises Pile Up

Gingersnap
03-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Obama Urged to Seize Reins as Crises Pile Up

Published March 14, 2011

| FoxNews.com

President Obama gestures during a speech in Arlington, Va., March 14.

A conflict approaching civil war in Libya. An end-times tsunami in Japan. A Congress that can't reach a budget.

And ... gender inequality?

The topic of President Obama's weekend radio address has raised some eyebrows, as Obama has met mounting crises with the same restraint and cool that characterized his slow-and-steady campaign for president. To some critics, the tone set by the White House in light of recent upheaval may hurt the president's public image.

Amid chaos around the world and on Capitol Hill, Obama's Saturday radio address was devoted to Women's History Month and a call to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act, a proposal meant to address the income gap between men and women. Then, the president went golfing at Andrews Air Force Base.

"I don't know if they don't realize the disconnect and maybe they don't care ... but it does matter," Dana Perino, former White House press secretary under George W. Bush, told Fox News.

Former Bush adviser Karl Rove said that he doesn't "begrudge" the president for taking time out for recreation, but Libya and the budget in particular demand more involvement on Obama's part.

Critics note that every time Congress works on a stopgap budget, it risks a government shutdown and does virtually nothing to cut spending, all the while creeping closer to a tricky -- and potentially disastrous -- vote on raising the debt ceiling; every day the administration defers to its international partners to weigh the best course of action in Libya, Muammar al-Qaddafi gains ground.

With the clock ticking, lawmakers and analysts are calling on the president to show a little more moxie on Capitol Hill and the world stage.

"He seems paralyzed," said Nile Gardiner, a director with the conservative Heritage Foundation.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/14/obama-urged-seize-reins-crises-pile/#ixzz1Gg6VYAyO

ABC in Georgia
03-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Amid chaos around the world and on Capitol Hill, Obama's Saturday radio address was devoted to Women's History Month and a call to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act, a proposal meant to address the income gap between men and women. Then, the president went golfing at Andrews Air Force Base.

Cartoon removed ... just checked into original site of artist, and found out permission is required before using it. Sorry CU. Don't want to get us in trouble. *Usually* when right clicking images, if not allowed it tells you so.

Will be more careful in future. ~ ABC

Cartoon is a little dated, but very much still fitting. :(

On second thought, in *most* cases, perhaps we are better off when he does nothing, it costs us less, at least.

~ ABC

fettpett
03-15-2011, 10:34 AM
whats sad is that this moron has to be TOLD to be a leader in this kind of situation. All he's doing is giving who ever his opponent is next year. Hell at this point a turnip could beat him and show more leadership qualities...

It's almost like a real life Garrosh Hellscream taking over..... (Basic Campfire for Pres!!)

Starbuck
03-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Who wants him to "seize the reins"? I don't.
If the Indians are chasing our stagecoach I want someone up front who can drive. If he wants to huddle under the seat and whimper, let him; the rest of us have a job to do.

ABC in Georgia
03-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Permission granted, along with a nice reply from artist. So, here it is again from:

www.comicallyincorrect.com

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/ABC160/obamagolf2.jpg

Should check out his work ... is great!

lacarnut
03-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Permission granted, along with a nice reply from artist. So, here it is again from:

www.comicallyincorrect.com

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/ABC160/obamagolf2.jpg

Should check out his work ... is great!

The cartoons are hilarious

SaintLouieWoman
03-15-2011, 01:12 PM
whats sad is that this moron has to be TOLD to be a leader in this kind of situation. All he's doing is giving who ever his opponent is next year. Hell at this point a turnip could beat him and show more leadership qualities...

It's almost like a real life Garrosh Hellscream taking over..... (Basic Campfire for Pres!!)

There is an old saying that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. He isn't a leader; we can't force him to be one. What some people call cool is probably just paralysis, hoping he can somehow make it through the term without having to do anything or make decisions. He is the shining example of the Peter Princile, not what we need in these times.

Chuck58
03-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Seize the reins?????

Hell, he's still looking for the horse.

hoplophobe
03-15-2011, 04:02 PM
1st thought before I saw the cartoon:

Obama Urged to Seize Reins as Crises Pile Up
Hard to do with a golf club in his hands.

Bailey
03-15-2011, 04:49 PM
The worlds going to hell and we have the Magic Negro (PBOH) to depend on for leadership. We're boned. :(

ABC in Georgia
03-15-2011, 05:51 PM
The worlds going to hell and we have the Magic Negro (PBOH) to depend on for leadership.

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/ABC160/dancingobama.gif

What? Me worried?!!!

~ ABC ... running to finish making dinner for starving husband! :)

Apocalypse
03-15-2011, 06:41 PM
I love these instead.

http://thehud.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/OBAMANATION75.jpg

http://thehud.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/OBAMANATION72.jpg

Punting on world crises.

Madisonian
03-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Seize the reins?????

And you know what he and the horse he rode in on can do once he finds it.

Rockntractor
03-15-2011, 09:09 PM
And you know what he and the horse he rode in on can do once he finds it.

He sleeps with the nag.

lacarnut
03-15-2011, 10:08 PM
In golf there are 3 sets of tee markers...red for ladies...white for men...blue for the pros and scratch golfers. Guess which one Obama plays from? The red which is about 50 feet to 50 yards in front of the regular tees (white). I can not believe this wimp plays from the red tees. His golf game is as bad as his Presidency.

Rockntractor
03-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Nero's playing his lyre and singing while Rome burns.

Articulate_Ape
03-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Has Bam Bam earned his Nobel Peace Prize yet? Yeah, I didn't think so. That Nobel laurel has now lost what wispy shred of credibility it had left. The sycophants on the Nobel Committee might as well award it posthumously to Adolf Hitler at this point.

Odysseus
03-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Seize the reins?????

She's in the White House garden, growing yams.

Nero's playing his lyre and singing while Rome burns.

Given his golf and basketball games, Obama is dribbling while the world burns.

Leaders don't have to be told to lead, they just do it. In a case like Libya, where there are no good guys, the decisive act is to arm both sides and keep the war going until whoever is left is too weak to be a problem. In Egypt, regardless of his private discussions with Mubarak, you don't casually throw an ally to the wolves. It makes our other allies worry about our word and encourages the wolves. Of course, Obama's entire tenure has consisted of appeasing the wolves and attacking the sheepdogs. Is there a single American ally that he hasn't alienated? Is there a single enemy that he hasn't sucked up to and shown fatal weakness in the face of?

I am afraid that this is just the run up to the looming financial crisis that will hit when the dollar is no longer stable enough to be the global reserve currency, thanks to the avalanche of debt that Obama has buried us under.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lJwD5f3_wcg/TX-mh4zbV9I/AAAAAAAACvE/e_DiIQ7yDK4/s640/March%2BMadness.jpg

lacarnut
03-16-2011, 01:20 AM
Voters have short memories. The whole lot of Democratic Presidents since Truman has been a bunch of wimps and foreign affair incompetent boobs. I did not expect any improvement from the community organizer.

namvet
03-16-2011, 08:52 AM
this is what happens when an actor is elected prez

NJCardFan
03-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Voters have short memories. The whole lot of Democratic Presidents since Truman has been a bunch of wimps and foreign affair incompetent boobs. I did not expect any improvement from the community organizer.
Kennedy was the exception, especially during the Cuban missile crisis. I give him a ton of kudos for that. If faced with the same problem, Obama would fold like a cheap tent. That said, this is what happens when you hand over the reigns of the most powerful person in the world over to a guy who never led so much as a lemonade stand in his life. And no one asked the right questions: What makes him a leader? What are his qualifications to be a leader? What has he ever led, in his life? Hillary Clinton, with all her faults, at least sat on the board of directors of a major corporation. But this country was so hell bent on electing a black man that they bypassed electing a real man. This is why I believe that in order to be president, you should have served in the military because judging by our last 2 Democrat presidents, they are ill equipped to handle such matters. Clinton destroyed our military and intelligence communities to the point that we were so discombobulated after he left, we weren't looking when we took a huge sucker punch on 9/11 and Obama is doing more of the same but being more Carter-esqe in his handling of such matters which is dangerous in it's own rights. Under Carter, Islamic jihad movements grew some balls. Thankfully, Reagan castrated some but Clinton gave them back. We need someone who's not afraid to crack some heads.

Odysseus
03-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Kennedy was the exception, especially during the Cuban missile crisis. I give him a ton of kudos for that. If faced with the same problem, Obama would fold like a cheap tent. That said, this is what happens when you hand over the reigns of the most powerful person in the world over to a guy who never led so much as a lemonade stand in his life. And no one asked the right questions: What makes him a leader? What are his qualifications to be a leader? What has he ever led, in his life? Hillary Clinton, with all her faults, at least sat on the board of directors of a major corporation. But this country was so hell bent on electing a black man that they bypassed electing a real man. This is why I believe that in order to be president, you should have served in the military because judging by our last 2 Democrat presidents, they are ill equipped to handle such matters. Clinton destroyed our military and intelligence communities to the point that we were so discombobulated after he left, we weren't looking when we took a huge sucker punch on 9/11 and Obama is doing more of the same but being more Carter-esqe in his handling of such matters which is dangerous in it's own rights. Under Carter, Islamic jihad movements grew some balls. Thankfully, Reagan castrated some but Clinton gave them back. We need someone who's not afraid to crack some heads.

While I'm perfectly willing to concede that military service provides important leadership experience, let's remember that Carter was a Naval Academy graduate and Naval officer, Lyndon Johnson was also in the Navy during WWII, John Kerry was a Vietnam vet (who disgraced his uniform when he realized that he'd get more votes that way), and a whole slew of Democrats have military service on their resumes.

Obama and his pet media have made it a point to obscure his past. The question isn't simply, "what are his qualifications to be a leader", but who the hell is this guy? No president or presidential candidate has ever been put forward without some scrutiny of his personal history. Where are Obama's college transcripts? What was his GPA in college? In high school? Did he get into college on merit or affirmative action? What were his LSAT scores? What was his class standing in law school? Democrats who scoured Bush's record for drug use ignored Obama's admission of his. Pundits who searched for Bush's National Guard records for years, and then put forward forged ones when they couldn't find originals that bolstered their narrative, have shown no interest in Obama's lack of a birth certificate, passport, school transcripts or lack of published work (how many law review editors don't write anything for their own publication?). This man is the emptiest suit ever put on the national stage. He's Chauncy Gardener, from Being There, but without the gardening skills.

The only good thing about Obama not taking the reins is that if he did take them, he'd have no idea of what to do with them.