PDA

View Full Version : Hispanics make up 59% of population in 32 states

Novaheart
03-18-2011, 11:54 AM
"Hispanics make up 59% of population in 32 states"

This banner was under some guy named Montenaldo who was talking about the impact of Hispanic voters, and Harry Reid and immigration issues.

Apart from the fact that the quoted is an outright lie, and one which is being promoted (Anglo Saxons are an old and dying people soon to depart this world after being the culture and people of hate and violence for 2000 years) , are we to believe that Americans of Spanish speaking ancestry have some common cultural calling to allow all manner of mass immigration to the US?

The only people I see supporting open borders with Mexico and points South (not including Cuba) are illegal aliens and their supporters who tend to be young Anglo-Saxon and "other white nonhispanic" (You know who) people who are getting trained in Acquired Mental Defective Syndrome at American in general and Californian in particular schools.

fettpett
03-18-2011, 11:56 AM
got a link?

I do agree with you that it's just making shit up to pander to the illegal alien supporters, just wondering if you had a link to it

Novaheart
03-18-2011, 11:58 AM
PS- I'm trying to figure out what statistic MSNBC could possibly have been trying to legitimately convey. According to the US Census, there are 46 million Hispanics in the US, unclear whether this includes the 12 million illegals or if they should be added.

So I thought maybe they were trying to say that there are more Hispanic American than the combined population of 32 states, but I don't think that's possible either.

Novaheart
03-18-2011, 11:59 AM
got a link?

I do agree with you that it's just making shit up to pander to the illegal alien supporters, just wondering if you had a link to it

No link , I just saw it on TV

Gingersnap
03-18-2011, 12:50 PM
I think it's a 58% growth rate in 32 states. That's much different from being 58% percent of the population. The growth rate caught the Census with their pants down because it happened in states that aren't traditional Hispanic destinations.

According to analysis by the Pew Hispanic Center, new Census numbers indicate that the Hispanic population of the country is growing at a faster rate than was expected. NPR's Pam Fessler reports Latinos accounted for 58 percent of the population growth in the 33 states for which the Census has released 2010 numbers. Pam reports:

The 2010 Census found almost 39 million Hispanics in those states, about a half million more than estimated. The Census Bureau updates its once-a-decade count every year to reflect births, deaths and other demographic changes. These estimates are used for planning purposes and to distribute billions of dollars in aid. But there have been concerns in the past that certain groups, especially immigrants, have been undercounted.

The Pew Center says things have improved. The gap between the estimated Hispanic population ten years ago and the actual census count was much wider.

NPR (http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/03/15/134568229/new-census-numbers-reveal-hispanic-growth-higher-than-expected)