PDA

View Full Version : Good cop , bad cop

Novaheart
03-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Two completely separate stories and issues.

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=111935

Police Chief On Leave After Testifying At Hearing
By Erich Schaffhauser
Published: March 9, 2011, 6:37 PM

HURON, SD - The police chief in Huron is on administrative leave after making controversial comments to a state senate committee.

Doug Schmitt was testifying in favor of a bill Monday morning that would make it a state crime to hire illegal immigrants. He told lawmakers he knew of employers in the area who had knowingly hired illegal workers.

By Monday night, the city had placed him on administrative leave.

http://kccn.tv/slo_sheriff_take_guns.cfm

Sheriff's deputies' disdain for Constitution captured by their own recorded comments

By Daniel Blackburn / July 2010

When San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Deputy Darren Murphy responded to a "shots fired" call in April 2008, he decided en route that he was going to make an arrest.

He did far more than that. Murphy and other deputies made an unwarranted entry into a home, and then into a locked gun safe. Murphy's uncensored, darkly disturbing observations and behavior following his Code-3 arrival at the rural home of longtime SLO County resident Matt Hart were picked up by Murphy's and other deputies’ own recorders. Those recordings provide a rare, frighteningly revealing, behind-the-scenes perspective of how one local law enforcement agency views the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and other laws its personnel are sworn to uphold.

NJCardFan
03-19-2011, 11:59 AM
And your point is....

Novaheart
03-19-2011, 04:51 PM
And your point is....

I was really just surprised by both stories. I think the city should have known better than to suspend the chief for speaking the truth to the legislature, and I think the SLO deputies should have known better than to violate the rights of the homeowner.

Novaheart
03-19-2011, 04:53 PM
And your point is....

I found the SLO story particularly disturbing, because I will probably end up living in SLO county in the next couple of years, and I was hoping it was 2A supportive.

NJCardFan
03-19-2011, 10:43 PM
So the actions of one asshat is representative of the entire department?

Rockntractor
03-19-2011, 10:46 PM

I didn't see him saying that but hey, I'm up for some entertainment.

Novaheart
03-20-2011, 01:40 AM

Two deputies in two cars, plus a detective conspired to violate this man's rights and then conspired to make trumped up charges against him.

We have a dispatcher, who didn't bother to find out if "shots fired" represented a situation which should involve police. Did the dispatcher even ask the person who called if there was any reason to think that shots being fired were in the commission of crime?

We have two deputies who arrived to find a homeowner on his own property, which they violated and then conspired to justify

We have a detective who conspired to cover up this violation, and conspired to charge him with false charges.

Then we have a prosecutor who extorted the victim, by threatening to charge him and try him for felonies if he didn't accept dropped charges and a single misdemeanor.

None of those involved appears to have been disciplined, so you can count everyone above them as well.

Not merely one asshat.

NJCardFan
03-20-2011, 09:36 AM
So all cops are corrupt. :rolleyes:

Novaheart
03-20-2011, 11:28 AM
So all cops are corrupt. :rolleyes:

I'm noticing a recurring theme here on your part. Yes, all cops are corrupt, even the fakes and the pseudos, because clearly that is what I have said in these posts.

Apache
03-20-2011, 11:55 AM
California has been overly aggressive and pussified when it come to firearms the past couple of decades. Why any Second amendment supporter would move there is beyond me.

NJCardFan
03-20-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm noticing a recurring theme here on your part. Yes, all cops are corrupt, even the fakes and the pseudos, because clearly that is what I have said in these posts.

Well, considering I've never heard you say anything positive about law enforcement leads me to believe that that's how you feel.

Novaheart
03-20-2011, 12:46 PM
California has been overly aggressive and pussified when it come to firearms the past couple of decades. Why any Second amendment supporter would move there is beyond me.

In my case it is because of family.

RobJohnson
03-20-2011, 02:06 PM

You don't support the 2nd Ad because your mommy wont let you have a gun? :D

Apache
03-20-2011, 02:15 PM

There is NO WAY IN HELL I'd ever move to Cali, nonononononononononononono

Novaheart
03-20-2011, 02:19 PM
You don't support the 2nd Ad because your mommy wont let you have a gun? :D

Funny you should ask, because I used my mommy's revolver in my concealed carry class, because it's easier to hit the bullseye with the 22 than my Ruger lcp.

Novaheart
03-20-2011, 02:21 PM
There is NO WAY IN HELL I'd ever move to Cali, nonononononononononononono

Rural California is almost normal. I'll be living on a horse ranch.

Apache
03-20-2011, 02:24 PM

You mean like the poor schmuck in story number two?

Just say NO!;)

Novaheart
03-20-2011, 02:33 PM
You mean like the poor schmuck in story number two?

Well, I'll start out in nicer digs than that, living with my sister, but yes, I aspire to living on a place exactly like the poor schmuck in story number two, only with a single wide , a pole building, and 40 acres.

Apache
03-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Well, I'll start out in nicer digs than that, living with my sister, but yes, I aspire to living on a place exactly like the poor schmuck in story number two, only with a single wide , a pole building, and 40 acres.

Actually I meant getting harrassed by cops for shooting on your own property...

Novaheart
03-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Actually I meant getting harrassed by cops for shooting on your own property...

I want to have a fence that costs more than my trailer house.

Seriously, though, I LOVE mobile homes. Hell, I love a good sized travel trailer. I've lived in a sailboat before, I like efficient small spaces.

RobJohnson
03-20-2011, 03:12 PM

I can see California from my house. :D