PDA

View Full Version : " Hanoi Jane Fonda no longer welcome to speak at Nashua CC event."

megimoo
03-20-2011, 07:22 AM
NASHUA Following a community outcry, organizers of a respected women's seminar have retracted their invitation to have actress Jane Fonda speak at the event.

With threats of a possible protest looming, Fonda will no longer serve as the keynote speaker for the New Hampshire Women's Leadership Summit scheduled for June 10 at Nashua Community College.

Last week, several veterans spoke in opposition of Fonda's public appearance in New Hampshire, calling her a traitor and anti-American.

"In recent days, we have heard voices in our community expressing moving objections to the selection of our main keynote speaker," Dr. Annabel Beerel, founder of the summit, wrote in a statement issued Friday. "While the summit encourages public discourse and diverse opinions, we do not wish to cause pain to our veterans. In addition to the many outstanding presenters and panels scheduled, we are working on engaging a new keynote (speaker) for the conference."

"She had accepted," college president Lucille Jordan said Saturday of Fonda. "But the Summit has disinvited her."

In the 1960s, Fonda engaged in political activism in opposition to the Vietnam War. She visited Hanoi, North Vietnam, in the early 1970s, where she was photographed seated on an anti-aircraft gun.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Fonda+no+longer+welcome+to+s peak+at+Nashua+CC+event&articleId=4906887c-6984-485f-b1c6-bf6616f33f9f

obx
03-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Hats off to New Hampshire.

ironhorsedriver
03-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Now, after all these years, if we could only get her on trial for Treason. She had her right to free speech, but sitting at an A/A Gun and visiting, ignoring, and lying about the POW's is TREASON, plain and simple. I hate this bitch with a passion.

Novaheart
03-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Now, after all these years, if we could only get her on trial for Treason. She had her right to free speech, but sitting at an A/A Gun and visiting, ignoring, and lying about the POW's is TREASON, plain and simple. I hate this bitch with a passion.

And that is precisely how this lingering animosity appears to the average observer. If these same people liked Jane Fonda or agreed with her in the past or present, then they would be jumping up and down screaming about free speech and the corruption of academics in stifling other views.

Rockntractor
03-20-2011, 11:40 AM
And that is precisely how this lingering animosity appears to the average observer. If these same people liked Jane Fonda or agreed with her in the past or present, then they would be jumping up and down screaming about free speech and the corruption of academics in stifling other views.

And what is your opinion of her?

Novaheart
03-20-2011, 11:53 AM
And what is your opinion of her?

She was surprisingly funny in 9-5.
She was whiny in On Golden Pond.

namvet
03-20-2011, 04:46 PM
a local vet here, back in 05, caught up with her here at a book store.

A Vietnam veteran was arrested in Kansas City yesterday for allegedly spitting on actress Jane Fonda during a book-signing event.

Michael A. Smith, 54, reportedly waited in line for 90 minutes, passed a book to the Academy Award winner, and then spit tobacco juice into her face.

Though he attempted to flee, he was taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct.

link (http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=29945)

I tried to bail him out. but had to wait in line :D

ironhorsedriver
03-20-2011, 06:38 PM
a local vet here, back in 05, caught up with her here at a book store.

link (http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=29945)

I tried to bail him out. but had to wait in line :D
I'd love to see this everytime she walks out of her house, She should be in prison, for life, and she needs to be made to understand.

Rockntractor
03-20-2011, 06:44 PM
She was surprisingly funny in 9-5.
She was whiny in On Golden Pond.

You are afraid to give a real answer.

namvet
03-20-2011, 06:56 PM
I'd love to see this everytime she walks out of her house, She should be in prison, for life, and she needs to be made to understand.

she understands all to well. we never forget or forgive a traitor

Novaheart
03-20-2011, 08:35 PM
You are afraid to give a real answer.

I have a mother around whom one cannot mention the name of her now deceased sister in law, without listening to another recitation of the grave injustices of 60 years ago. I don't have a lot of patience with ANYONE who drags shit around for decades, especially if it rises to the level of a passion. I've met Jews who were less obsessed with Adolf Hitler than some people are with Jane Fonda.

Rockntractor
03-20-2011, 08:40 PM
I have a mother around whom one cannot mention the name of her now deceased sister in law, without listening to another recitation of the grave injustices of 60 years ago. I don't have a lot of patience with ANYONE who drags shit around for decades, especially if it rises to the level of a passion. I've met Jews who were less obsessed with Adolf Hitler than some people are with Jane Fonda.

She did not quit her activism when the war ended.

Novaheart
03-20-2011, 08:49 PM
She did not quit her activism when the war ended.

There are people towards whom anger and action would be better and more productively directed in 2011.

Spit on this bitch, she does more damage than Jane Fonda was or is capable of doing:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_swKUw0-n-lo/SH5LBnBWHbI/AAAAAAAAAYM/QAeZUbdE5lk/s400/Amy%2BGoodman%2Bweb.jpg

http://www.vermontwoman.com/images/articles/0604/amy-goodman.jpg

Rockntractor
03-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Tell you what Nova, have your buddy Jane make a full and complete admission and public apology and we can go from there. Time doesn't wash all wounds.

ironhorsedriver
03-22-2011, 02:58 PM
I don't particularly care to watch Amy Goodman, I don't like her political leanings. However, she has every right to do what she does, there are people who agree and enjoy her. I don't have any ill will toward her, she hasn't sat and posed on an Anti-aircraft gun, nor, to my knowledge has she been lead into POW's, who make every effort to tell her their plight, and she basically ignored it, told the world they where well treated.
Hanoi Jane Did, actively so during war, aiding the Enemy with propaganda and her outright lies. Her standing in front of POW's, refusing to take a note, She's the lowest form of Scum on this Planet.

namvet
03-22-2011, 03:03 PM
the North was counting heavily on the Fonda's and her ilk to win the war.