PDA

View Full Version : Rotting, Mutilated Body Found In Sonia Sotomayor's Housing Project.

Apocalypse
03-20-2011, 12:37 PM
The body of a 400-pound man was found stuffed in a duffel bag inside an apartment in a Bronx housing project Saturday, sources told the Daily News.

Patrol officers responding to a different incident at the Justice Sonia Sotomayor Houses in Soundview caught a whiff of a foul odor coming from another apartment, the sources said.

The cops located a son of the resident, who was not immediately identified, to let them inside the sixth-floor apartment on Bruckner Blvd., sources said.

The door opened to a gruesome scene: blood covered the kitchen floor, cleaning products were strewn about the room and a bloody hatchet was lying nearby, sources said.

Cops also spotted a large duffel bag, drenched in blood, in a kitchen closet, sources said.

"It's soaked," a police source said. "It's a river of blood coming from the bag, at least 8 pints."

Crime scene detectives and workers from the city's medical examiner's office were still working inside the apartment last night.

Although the identity of the body had not yet been determined, many residents were shocked that it could be their heavyset neighbor.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/03/20/2011-03-20_a_river_of_blood_rotting_mutilated_body_of_400l b_man_found_in_bag_in_apt.html#ixzz1HA88PfA6

megimoo
03-20-2011, 12:52 PM
The body of a 400-pound man was found stuffed in a duffel bag inside an apartment in a Bronx housing project Saturday, sources told the Daily News.

Patrol officers responding to a different incident at the Justice Sonia Sotomayor Houses in Soundview caught a whiff of a foul odor coming from another apartment, the sources said.

The cops located a son of the resident, who was not immediately identified, to let them inside the sixth-floor apartment on Bruckner Blvd., sources said.

The door opened to a gruesome scene: blood covered the kitchen floor, cleaning products were strewn about the room and a bloody hatchet was lying nearby, sources said.

Cops also spotted a large duffel bag, drenched in blood, in a kitchen closet, sources said.

"It's soaked," a police source said. "It's a river of blood coming from the bag, at least 8 pints."

Crime scene detectives and workers from the city's medical examiner's office were still working inside the apartment last night.

Although the identity of the body had not yet been determined, many residents were shocked that it could be their heavyset neighbor.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/03/20/2011-03-20_a_river_of_blood_rotting_mutilated_body_of_400l b_man_found_in_bag_in_apt.html#ixzz1HA88PfA6
It needs more than one person to stuff a body that big into a duffel bag .
Even so if he were bleeding they must have left covered with blood.It sounds like a crime of anger to go to that much trouble,otherwise why bother ?

Articulate_Ape
03-20-2011, 02:17 PM
What the hell kind of duffle bag could hold a 400lb man?

djones520
03-20-2011, 02:51 PM

The reliable kind. I wanna know the brand.

bijou
03-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Add me to those curious about the bag, perhaps they meant tent.

Apocalypse
03-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I never really noticed the Duffle part, was more interested in the fact this housing project which Sotomayor is proud of is a ghetto style projects by the sound of it.

The only thing I can think of large enough, and only if you really force it would be an older style military Laundry bag.

http://stores.alleghenywholesale.com/catalog/cottonlaundrybagverygood.jpg

Legs would still be a problem in such a situation. And I know its not a duffle, but some not in the military could call it such not knowing.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
03-20-2011, 04:30 PM
I never really noticed the Duffle part, was more interested in the fact this housing project which Sotomayor is proud of is a ghetto style projects by the sound of it.

The only thing I can think of large enough, and only if you really force it would be an older style military Laundry bag.

Legs would still be a problem in such a situation. And I know its not a duffle, but some not in the military could call it such not knowing.

You'd break the legs, and fold 'em.

Starbuck
03-20-2011, 08:09 PM
You'd break the legs, and fold 'em.

That's possible. That's how they got the body of Dr David Livingston (Dr Livingston, I presume?) out of the African jungle. Broke his legs, folded him in half and back-packed his ass outa there.

But he sure as hell didn't weight any 400 pounds.:confused:

fettpett
03-20-2011, 08:46 PM
That's possible. That's how they got the body of Dr David Livingston (Dr Livingston, I presume?) out of the African jungle. Broke his legs, folded him in half and back-packed his ass outa there.

according to wiki he was carried out by Chuma and Susi, the way it's describe sounds like it was more like a litter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Livingstone#Stanley_meeting

Britain wanted the body to give it a proper ceremony, but the tribe would not give his body to them. Finally they relented, but cut the heart out and put a note on the body that said, "You can have his body, but his heart belongs in Africa!"[citation needed] Livingstone's heart was buried under a Mvula tree near the spot where he died, now the site of the Livingstone Memorial. His body together with his journal was carried over a thousand miles by his loyal attendants Chuma and Susi, and was returned to Britain for burial.

However it's possible they just hacked his body up, though thats a lot of meat for a normal duffel bag

CaughtintheMiddle1990
03-20-2011, 09:09 PM

Two to three rather strong fellows I'm sure could tug along a 400lb man in a duffel bag.
Sounds like this was a hit. Not a random murder or act of violence. If it was just a robbery or something the perps wouldn't go through putting the guy in a duffel bag and all that.

Rockntractor
03-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Two to three rather strong fellows I'm sure could tug along a 400lb man in a duffel bag.
Sounds like this was a hit. Not a random murder or act of violence. If it was just a robbery or something the perps wouldn't go through putting the guy in a duffel bag and all that.

Why is it suddenly the hit mans responsibility to wrap and package the hit. In todays economy nobody is making it rich let alone pile on more responsibility!:mad:

megimoo
03-21-2011, 05:17 AM

It looks like a cargo chute bag ....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/03/20/2011-03-20_a_river_of_blood_rotting_mutilated_body_of_400l b_man_found_in_bag_in_apt.html

Odysseus
03-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Why is it suddenly the hit mans responsibility to wrap and package the hit. In todays economy nobody is making it rich let alone pile on more responsibility!:mad:

Unfortunately, today's economic hardships are forcing cutbacks across the board. A hitman will now have to clean up after himself, as the various gangs, mobs and cartels have gone through their own downsizing. In fact, this may have been one of them.

megimoo
03-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Unfortunately, today's economic hardships are forcing cutbacks across the board. A hitman will now have to clean up after himself, as the various gangs, mobs and cartels have gone through their own downsizing. In fact, this may have been one of them.Again, why bother with the bag ? They went to all that trouble and stuffed the bag into a closet.The smell of a four hundred man decaying for six days must have been foul .Take a look for yourself as they remove the body !
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/03/20/2011-03-20_a_river_of_blood_rotting_mutilated_body_of_400l b_man_found_in_bag_in_apt.html

Odysseus
03-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Again, why bother with the bag ? They went to all that trouble and stuffed the bag into a closet.The smell of a four hundred man decaying for six days must have been foul .Take a look for yourself as they remove the body !

I saw. I'm just glad that scratch and sniff technology hasn't gone online. :D

megimoo
03-21-2011, 12:43 PM
I saw. I'm just glad that scratch and sniff technology hasn't gone online. :DHow do those morgue people keep from throwing up doing that kind of work !There's nothing that smells as bad as a rotting body !

malloc
03-21-2011, 05:28 PM

With a hatchet, I'm sure I could fit him into a standard sea bag. Those things are tough too. At one point in time everything I owned would fit, given enough force, into two seabags and one garment bag. It was funny watching squad bay or barracks moves. 20 Marines gathered around a single sea bag, shoving for all their worth just to get that little metal ring through the very first eyelet, just enough to get the cilp on it. When it's done, the sea bag looks like it's barely containing a hippopotamus.

http://www.atthefront.com/us/fieldgear/images/usmcfieldgear/us_gear_usmc_seabag.jpg

Apocalypse
03-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Thats what I was trying to remember, but couldn't quite do it. I would be willing to lean toward those as they would look little more like a Duffle once closed up.

Odysseus
03-21-2011, 05:38 PM
With a hatchet, I'm sure I could fit him into a standard sea bag. Those things are tough too. At one point in time everything I owned would fit, given enough force, into two seabags and one garment bag. It was funny watching squad bay or barracks moves. 20 Marines gathered around a single sea bag, shoving for all their worth just to get that little metal ring through the very first eyelet, just enough to get the cilp on it. When it's done, the sea bag looks like it's barely containing a hippopotamus.

http://www.atthefront.com/us/fieldgear/images/usmcfieldgear/us_gear_usmc_seabag.jpg

I used to carry a pair of needle-nosed pliers which were in great demand when we were stuffing our duffles. I'd grab the ring through the eyelet and pull it through, then I got the bright idea of using 550 cord to do it. I'd loop it through the ring and pull it through that way. If it was particularly bad, we'd hang it by the cord until the bag stretched enough to allow it to reach.

Madisonian
03-21-2011, 05:40 PM
How do those morgue people keep from throwing up doing that kind of work !There's nothing that smells as bad as a rotting body !

The Wisconsin Capitol building after days of liberal infestation would probably give it a good run for the money.:eek:

malloc
03-21-2011, 05:46 PM
I used to carry a pair of needle-nosed pliers which were in great demand when we were stuffing our duffles. I'd grab the ring through the eyelet and pull it through, then I got the bright idea of using 550 cord to do it. I'd loop it through the ring and pull it through that way. If it was particularly bad, we'd hang it by the cord until the bag stretched enough to allow it to reach.

The 550 cord would have been a great idea. I wish I would have thought of that back in the day!

Odysseus
03-21-2011, 06:45 PM
The 550 cord would have been a great idea. I wish I would have thought of that back in the day!

Well, it took me a while to come up with it. But it works like a charm. The first time that I showed it to a couple of my troopies, they were suitably impressed, and decided that I was telling the truth about having been enlisted, as no officer could have come up with that. :D

Adam Wood
03-21-2011, 06:57 PM
How do those morgue people keep from throwing up doing that kind of work !There's nothing that smells as bad as a rotting body !Camphor. Ever use carmex on your lips? Basically the same stuff. They spear a blob of it on their upper lip like a mustache and the odor of the camphor overpowers pretty much any other odor out there.

Calypso Jones
03-21-2011, 08:04 PM
So are you saying Sonia did it or assisted? ;) She is a wise latina. She'd know how to pack that duffel.

megimoo
03-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Camphor. Ever use carmex on your lips? Basically the same stuff. They spear a blob of it on their upper lip like a mustache and the odor of the camphor overpowers pretty much any other odor out there.Vick's vapor rub .From the silence of the lambs .The funeral home and the partial autopsy in the back room just before the showing ?The FBI senior agent and his assistant smeared it on their upper lips as they opened the body bag .

megimoo
03-21-2011, 08:48 PM
So are you saying Sonia did it or assisted? ;) She is a wise latina. She'd know how to pack that duffel.That would make a great book .A newly appointed Supreme Court justice who is a crazed long period serial killer .A bit of pelican brief and a little H.H. Holmes .

Adam Wood
03-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Vick's vapor rub .From the silence of the lambs .The funeral home and the partial autopsy in the back room just before the showing ?The FBI senior agent and his assistant smeared it on their upper lips as they opened the body bag .
Yep.