PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Dems in uproar over Libya action

namvet
03-22-2011, 07:41 PM
A hard-core group of liberal House Democrats is questioning the constitutionality of U.S. missile strikes against Libya, with one lawmaker raising the prospect of impeachment during a Democratic Caucus conference call on Saturday.

Reps. Jerrold Nadler (N.Y.), Donna Edwards (Md.), Mike Capuano (Mass.), Dennis Kucinich (Ohio), Maxine Waters (Calif.), Rob Andrews (N.J.), Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas), Barbara Lee (Calif.) and Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.) “all strongly raised objections to the constitutionality of the president’s actions” during that call, said two Democratic lawmakers who took part.

source (http://www.patriotactionnetwork.com/forum/topic/show?id=2600775%3ATopic%3A3470815&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic)

to funny. they wanted to Put Bush on a hot dog bun and chow down and now do the same to Osama??? mustard or ketchup???

LMAO !!!!

Apocalypse
03-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Impeachment wise, it could only happen if enough Dims in Congress agree to it. But we all know Pisslosie and Reed will both sandbag the efforts.

This is a situation I see bad for the GOP to try alone. If they try and punish Obama, it makes them look like they are siding with Qaddafi ahead of the elections. And we all know the left will try and paint them as such.

I just don't like the setup.

namvet
03-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Without congressional approval I understand that he has 60 days to use U.S. forces, without congressional approval. But then he has to pull them out, so it might be a 60 day U.S. war

fettpett
03-22-2011, 08:37 PM
as much as i don't like it, they should at lest Censure him for his actions

rjas77
03-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Without congressional approval I understand that he has 60 days to use U.S. forces, without congressional approval. But then he has to pull them out, so it might be a 60 day U.S. war

I believe it's six months

txradioguy
03-23-2011, 03:00 AM
I believe it's six months

War Powers act says 60 days.