PDA

View Full Version : SOMALIA: Russia executed all Somali pirates

megimoo
03-23-2011, 06:49 AM
BOSASSO — A pirate spokesman, who wished to remain anonymous, contacted Somalilandpress today said at least ten of his men were executed by the Russian navy after the troopers stormed MV Moscow University.

“The Russians commandos stormed the ship before sunrise, starting a firefight with our men, onboard they injured three of them and one was killed,” he said.

He dismissed the Russian navy statement that the men were released because of “the absence of a legal base to carry out prosecution procedures against pirates”.

“The Russians never released the young men instead they shot them point-blank range then loaded their lifeless bodies back on the boat,” he added.

The spokesman condemned the action of the Russian navy “our men never hurt their hostages, we simply want foreign ships to stop overfishing in our waters, if they are not happy to respect our-fishermen and their livelihood, we have no choice but to take hostage to compensate for the losses,” he cited.

“We condemn the action of the Russians, it’s driven by racism and hate for black people and Africa, it’s the face of the new Russia. In future, if we capture Russians they will meet the same fate as those they executed,” he added.

http://somalilandpress.com/somalia-russia-executed-all-somali-pirates-spokesman-15559

Articulate_Ape
03-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Pirates have spokesmen? Who knew?

FBIGuy
03-23-2011, 09:06 AM

And they didn't hurt the hostages so I guess that make them really nice hostage takers and not the criminals that are thought to be.

:rolleyes:

obx
03-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Shouldn't the spokesman have said,"Arrrhhh".

Zathras
03-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Now if only the rest of the world would take the same action when dealing with these thugs the problem would be fixed. Bravo to Russia for handling the situation correctly.

No quarter given to these animals.

lacarnut
03-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Hanging would be better but a bullet to the head is much quicker. kudos to the Russians.

fettpett
03-23-2011, 09:26 AM
well thats Two countries that these jerkoff pirates won't be fucking with. good for the Russians

CueSi
03-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Geez, and I thought Russian mobsters were bad! Then again...this is Russia.

~QC

Odysseus
03-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Usually, it's the parrot on the shoulder. Apparently, they have offices now.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/81/246668682_ed4e1b77a5.jpg?v=0

Shouldn't the spokesman have said,"Arrrhhh".
http://vanginderachter.be/files/2006/09/pirateday.jpg

Rebel Yell
03-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Hanging would be better but a bullet to the head is much quicker. kudos to the Russians.

Hanging them from their own boat and then just setting it adift would have been the appropriate response.

ironhorsedriver
03-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Hanging them from their own boat and then just setting it adift would have been the appropriate response.
Unfortunately, most of the boats they attack with are nothing more than skiffs.

Odysseus
03-23-2011, 10:22 AM

Nope. Bring them back to their port of origin and hang them there, then leave them on the scaffold. If a second pirate team departs from the same port, you burn the town.

They want to play 18th century, we'll play 18th century.

Adam Wood
03-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Shouldn't the spokesman have said,"Arrrhhh".I probably shouldn't have laughed, but I did.

AmPat
03-23-2011, 01:22 PM

Do they have to talk like pirates?:confused:

Odysseus
03-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Do they have to talk like pirates?:confused:

Not really. The parrot is a ventriloquist.

NJCardFan
03-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Nope. Bring them back to their port of origin and hang them there, then leave them on the scaffold. If a second pirate team departs from the same port, you burn the town.

Shouldn't they be hanged from the highest yardarm?

Odysseus
03-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Shouldn't they be hanged from the highest yardarm?

At sea, yes. But on land, you can use a gibbet.

The point of executing them is to demonstrate that piracy is not going to be tolerated. The reprisal against the town is the second warning. There won't have to be a third.

megimoo
03-23-2011, 04:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y40ARg8T0m4

Apache
03-23-2011, 05:06 PM

The pirates, duh....:rolleyes:

Odysseus
03-23-2011, 05:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y40ARg8T0m4

Is it me, or did some of the pirates look more Arab than Somali, especially the guy who was bleeding out on the deck?

Articulate_Ape
03-23-2011, 05:53 PM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/Yarrr.jpg

Zathras
03-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Is it me, or did some of the pirates look more Arab than Somali, especially the guy who was bleeding out on the deck?

They all looked the same to me....shark bait that hasn't been processed yet.

JB
03-23-2011, 07:20 PM
That's a shame.

Madisonian
03-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Works for me.
This is one time I think we should follow Russia's lead.

fettpett
03-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Works for me.
This is one time I think we should follow Russia's lead.

actually the Russian's are following OUR lead on this one, the Pirates don't fuck with American shipping very often because we go in and back them up. The group that was shoot a few weeks ago is the exception

Madisonian
03-23-2011, 09:59 PM
actually the Russian's are following OUR lead on this one, the Pirates don't fuck with American shipping very often because we go in and back them up. The group that was shoot a few weeks ago is the exception

When the 4 Americans were found dead on their yacht recently, the pirates should have been executed right then and there. Instead we "captured" them.
Trials cost money and so do bullets, but bullets are far cheaper even when the government buys them.

Rockntractor
03-23-2011, 10:00 PM
When the 4 Americans were found dead on their yacht recently, the pirates should have been executed right then and there. Instead we "captured" them.
Trials cost money and so do bullets, but bullets are far cheaper even when the government buys them.

Fish need to eat too.

SaintLouieWoman
03-23-2011, 10:02 PM

It kills me when we have to give them a criminal trial. They aren't American citizens, thank God. They probably thought they were in heaven when they were brought here to stand trial and get decent meals, clean clothes, etc.

The Russians have the right idea.

SaintLouieWoman
03-23-2011, 10:03 PM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/Yarrr.jpg

Reminds me of some of my old sales meetings. My standard joke was that the competition should put a parrot on their shoulders and wear one of those pirate hats. (ditto some of the reps at my own company). I always learned to watch my back. :D

fettpett
03-23-2011, 10:05 PM

They weren't found dead in their yacht. They were captured and the US was trying to get them back when something went wrong and they were killed. US troops stormed the ship and killing some and capturing the rest. However it's extremely RARE for the pirates to attack American ships of any kind because they know they don't stand to make any money from us.

there are over 2 dozen ships with over 800 crews captured in the area....NONE of their countries are backing them and leaving it up to the business to get them released.

Madisonian
03-23-2011, 10:16 PM
They weren't found dead in their yacht. They were captured and the US was trying to get them back when something went wrong and they were killed. US troops stormed the ship and killing some and capturing the rest. However it's extremely RARE for the pirates to attack American ships of any kind because they know they don't stand to make any money from us.

there are over 2 dozen ships with over 800 crews captured in the area....NONE of their countries are backing them and leaving it up to the business to get them released.

When the US troops boarded the ship, the hostages were dead, so that is what I meant by "found dead".
At that point, when the US forces boarded the ship and saw the US hostages were dead, the 13 remaining pirates should have been shot and allowed to attain room temperature, although my personal preference would have been to just throw them overboard somewhere along the return route.

What captured pirates? They must have escaped into the Mediterranean. Oh well....

fettpett
03-23-2011, 10:22 PM
When the US troops boarded the ship, the hostages were dead, so that is what I meant by "found dead".
At that point, when the US forces boarded the ship and saw the US hostages were dead, the 13 remaining pirates should have been shot and allowed to attain room temperature, although my personal preference would have been to just throw them overboard somewhere along the return route.

What captured pirates? They must have escaped into the Mediterranean. Oh well....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1359000/Somali-pirates-killed-4-American-hostages-hijacked-yacht-claim-US-Navy-fired-first.html

The Pirates opened fired on the USS Sterett with an RPG then lied that the American's opened fired first when they killed the hostages.

I agree that they should be feeding the fishes but we did leave 2 of them at room temp. My point is that that they don't fuck with American shipping often. It's very rare that they do.

The Russian's keep it up and the pirates won't be fucking with their shipping either.

megimoo
03-24-2011, 04:29 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1359000/Somali-pirates-killed-4-American-hostages-hijacked-yacht-claim-US-Navy-fired-first.html

The Pirates opened fired on the USS Sterett with an RPG then lied that the American's opened fired first when they killed the hostages.

I agree that they should be feeding the fishes but we did leave 2 of them at room temp. My point is that that they don't fuck with American shipping often. It's very rare that they do.

The Russian's keep it up and the pirates won't be fucking with their shipping either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDmdtcyDVlg