PDA

View Full Version : Obama is keeping his peace prize

Gingersnap
03-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Obama is keeping his peace prize

By MJ LEE | 03/23/11 6:45 AM Updated: 03/23/11 7:25 AM

President Obama defended his Nobel Peace Prize on Tuesday, saying that Americans “don’t see any contradiction” in him ordering an attack on Libya to make sure “people aren’t butchered because of a dictator who wants to cling to power.”

“When I received that award, I specifically said there was an irony because I was already dealing with two wars,” Obama said in an interview with CNN from El Salvador. “So I am accustomed to this contradiction of being both a commander-in-chief but also someone who aspires to peace.”

Saying he is focused on ensuring that Libyans can “live out their own aspirations,” Obama defended America’s involvement in Libya, saying, “we’re not invading a country, we’re not acting alone – we’re acting under a mandate issued by the United Nations Security Council in an unprecedented fashion and with unprecedented speed.”

And he said again that the U.S. military has already saved lives there. “I think the American people don’t see any contradiction in somebody who cares about peace also wanting to make sure that people aren’t butchered because of a dictator who wants to cling to power,” he said.

"It became necessary to destroy the village in order to save it".

Politico (http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0311/a_noble_defense_dccb5644-d067-404b-8580-b939a4056f06.html)

Arroyo_Doble
03-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Read his Nobel lecture, Ginger. He is just reiterating it.

Gingersnap
03-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Read his Nobel lecture, Ginger. He is just reiterating it.

I still can't believe that the field was so weak the guy won. :(

AmPat
03-23-2011, 11:32 AM
The fact that he even accepted an unearned award in the first place made this action predictable. The man has no character.

fettpett
03-23-2011, 12:23 PM

Rush should have won for advocating the use of DEET in 3rd world countries

Arroyo_Doble
03-23-2011, 12:26 PM

They needed another year to bolster their courage before they poked the Dragon in the eye.

Articulate_Ape
03-23-2011, 04:52 PM
They needed another year to bolster their courage before they poked the Dragon in the eye.

Surely there was someone else who had actually DONE something worthy of the prize. At that point all the way up to now, Obama hasn't done a hell of a lot except spend boatloads of money we don't have. It's kind of like giving a five year old a 'parent of the year' award.

PoliCon
03-23-2011, 06:26 PM

You know full well that he won for being NOT BUSH and for being black. It had nothing to do with anything else. He would have won against ghandi because the Nobel committee wanted to send a message.

Articulate_Ape
03-23-2011, 06:44 PM
You know full well that he won for being NOT BUSH and for being black. It had nothing to do with anything else. He would have won against ghandi because the Nobel committee wanted to send a message.

Message received. The Nobel Committee are a bunch of Justin Beiber fans who sniff the canapés at their afternoon champaign social with greater discernment than the candidates they are charged with selecting from.

PoliCon
03-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Message received. The Nobel Committee are a bunch of Justin Beiber fans who sniff the canapés at their afternoon champaign social with greater discernment than the candidates they are charged with selecting from.

You're being overly generous. :rolleyes:

eagleexpress
03-23-2011, 08:08 PM
They had to give it to him it is hard work reading the telepromters and keeping his golf handicap low don't you know:rolleyes:

Gingersnap
03-23-2011, 08:15 PM
They had to give it to him it is hard work reading the telepromters and keeping his golf handicap low don't you know:rolleyes:

They were dazzled by his multi-culti charm. Trust me, it will be a cold day in Hel before the Swedes themselves have any genuine interest in electing a half Somali/half Swede to a significant office. The Swedes and the Nobel Committee admire this kind of thing from afar. ;)

linda22003
03-24-2011, 01:43 PM

You may be saying that again in 2012, about the Republican field, at this rate. :(

Zafod
03-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Arafat kept his too.....

Zafod
03-24-2011, 02:08 PM
http://sheikyermami.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/arafat_no_virgins-11.JPG

PoliCon
03-24-2011, 06:51 PM
http://sheikyermami.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/arafat_no_virgins-11.JPG

please. :rolleyes: Everyone knows he liked boys.

Rockntractor
03-24-2011, 06:55 PM
I think virgin can apply to both sexes.:confused:

Rockntractor
03-24-2011, 06:58 PM
You may be saying that again in 2012, about the Republican field, at this rate. :(

Hopefully we can keep you Rinos at home, locked in the basement out of sight!:rolleyes:

fettpett
03-24-2011, 06:59 PM
I think virgin can apply to both sexes.:confused:

Like Jeff Dunham said....they never said that they were 72 virgin "females"