PDA

View Full Version : vegan is not natural.

Zafod
03-29-2011, 03:09 PM
This is sick. These people deserve to be put to death for this!!! :mad:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.35c2caa5efa0e183b7b38a2d0e2b7f4 0.71&show_article=1

Gingersnap
03-29-2011, 03:15 PM
I don't think the parents need the death penalty over this - I'm sure they are devastated. :(

Zafod
03-29-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't think the parents need the death penalty over this - I'm sure they are devastated. :(

then give them a gun with 2 bullets and take care of it right.

They in their insane bullshit starved their child to death!!!

djones520
03-29-2011, 03:19 PM
It was natural when we were 3 feet tall, and still slept in trees. Not so much now.

Zafod
03-29-2011, 03:21 PM
It was natural when we were 3 feet tall, and still slept in trees. Not so much now.

huh?

oh yeah, you believe in evolution.

regardless they starved their child of nutrients because they are fucking loony toones and should be erased from the gene pool.

Rockntractor
03-29-2011, 03:25 PM

Poli isn't vegetarian.:confused:

Phillygirl
03-29-2011, 03:31 PM
The problem of vitamin B12 deficiency could be linked to the mother's diet," said Anne-Laure Sandretto, deputy prosecutor in the city of Amiens where the trial is taking place.

Is it fair to say that if the mother was not a vegan then her milk would have been sufficient for the child?

Zafod
03-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Is it fair to say that if the mother was not a vegan then her milk would have been sufficient for the child?

yes!!!

noonwitch
03-29-2011, 03:43 PM

They believed the vegan diet would make their child healthier than a regular diet. They should have taken the baby to a doctor for not growing, and he or she could have helped them find a way to feed the child a vegan diet, but ensure that she got all the nutrients she needed.

It's France, they don't have the death penalty there.

Gingersnap
03-29-2011, 04:01 PM
They believed the vegan diet would make their child healthier than a regular diet. They should have taken the baby to a doctor for not growing, and he or she could have helped them find a way to feed the child a vegan diet, but ensure that she got all the nutrients she needed.

I'm sure her ob-gyn knew she was a vegan. The doc should have arranged for some nutritional counseling for her at some point.

I do wonder why the parents didn't take the baby in as soon as she stopped gaining weight, though. I know newborns sometimes lose a little weight in the first week but after that any weight loss should have cause for concern.

djones520
03-29-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm sure her ob-gyn knew she was a vegan. The doc should have arranged for some nutritional counseling for her at some point.

I do wonder why the parents didn't take the baby in as soon as she stopped gaining weight, though. I know newborns sometimes lose a little weight in the first week but after that any weight loss should have cause for concern.

State run healthcare, you think the docs bothered to find out? I doubt it.

RobJohnson
03-29-2011, 04:30 PM

But they do have "free" healthcare.

fettpett
03-29-2011, 06:34 PM
OK, first of all, this bullshit that a vegan diet is a bad thing is just that, bullshit. It's perfectly healthy as long as the person does it CORRECTLY.

Vitamin A sources (wiki page) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_A#Sources)

carrot (835 μg 93%)
broccoli leaf (800 μg 89%) – According to USDA database broccoli florets have much less.[10]
sweet potato (709 μg 79%)
butter (684 μg 76%)
kale (681 μg 76%)
spinach (469 μg 52%)
pumpkin (400 μg 41%)
collard greens (333 μg 37%)
Cheddar cheese (265 μg 29%)
cantaloupe melon (169 μg 19%)

Vitamin B12 (http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/b12.htm)

A number of reliable vegan food sources for vitamin B12 are known. One brand of nutritional yeast, Red Star T-6635+, has been tested and shown to contain active vitamin B12. This brand of yeast is often labeled as Vegetarian Support Formula with or without T-6635+ in parentheses following this new name. It is a reliable source of vitamin B12. Nutritional yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is a food yeast, grown on a molasses solution, which comes as yellow flakes or powder. It has a cheesy taste. Nutritional yeast is different from brewer’s yeast or torula yeast. those sensitive to other yeasts can often use it.

The RDA for adults for vitamin B12 is 2.4 micrograms daily (1). About 2 rounded teaspoons of large flake Vegetarian Support Formula (Red Star T-6635+) nutritional yeast provides the recommended amount of vitamin B12 for adults (2). A number of the recipes in this book contain nutritional yeast.

Another source of vitamin B12 is fortified cereal. For example, Nature’s Path Optimum Power cereal does contain vitamin B12 at this time and about a half cup of this cereal will provide 2.4 micrograms of vitamin B12 (3). We recommend checking the label of your favorite cereal since manufacturers have been known to stop including vitamin B12.

Other sources of vitamin B12 are vitamin B12 fortified soy milk, vitamin B12 fortified meat analogues (food made from wheat gluten or soybeans to resemble meat, poultry, or fish), and vitamin B12 supplements. There are vitamin supplements that do not contain animal products.

The problem is that this woman didn't do the necessary thing she needed to take care of both herself and her child if all she was going to do was breast feed. I doubt very much that this woman was given appropriate nutritional information on top of that she was 37 which is hard enough on their bodies at that age.

besides this kid should have been eating solid food at 11 months old too.

Rockntractor
03-29-2011, 06:39 PM
OK, first of all, this bullshit that a vegan diet is a bad thing is just that, bullshit. It's perfectly healthy as long as the person does it CORRECTLY.

Vitamin A sources (wiki page) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_A#Sources)

Vitamin B12 (http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/b12.htm)

The problem is that this woman didn't do the necessary thing she needed to take care of both herself and her child if all she was going to do was breast feed. I doubt very much that this woman was given appropriate nutritional information on top of that she was 37 which is hard enough on their bodies at that age.

besides this kid should have been eating solid food at 11 months old too.

Most of my vegetarian relatives are pudgy butterballs from eating too much desert.

Zafod
03-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Most of my vegetarian relatives are pudgy butterballs from eating too much desert.

and they always look pasty sick. lol

have at it veggie boy. When the nazi zombie invasion happens I bet you get eaten first!

fettpett
03-29-2011, 06:58 PM

hey, you know that us Adventist make some damn good deserts ;) :p

from a case study of 34,000 Adventist in 2000 that are vegetatarian (not vegan) so they do eat some dairy, but shows that a non-meat diet is perfectly healthy

Generally it was found that among the non-Hispanic Californian population, those identified as Seventh Day Adventists lived longer, on the average of 7.3 extra years for men, and 4.42 more years for women.
Among the Adventist population itself, it was found that high physical activity, frequent consumption of nuts, vegetarian status, and medium body mass index each result in an approximate 1.5- to 2.5-years gain in life expectancy. Hypertension accounts for the loss of 4.2 and 3.2 years and diabetes for the loss of 4.6 and 8.6 years in men and women, respectively.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/022599_vegetarian_cancer_meat.html#ixzz1I22M6lDf

Rockntractor
03-29-2011, 07:07 PM

There is absolutely no doubt about that!:D

Novaheart
03-29-2011, 07:12 PM

I gained weight on vegetarian diet. This was because my favorite vegetarian foods are pasta salad and peanut butter sandwiches.

Zafod
03-29-2011, 07:13 PM

from a case study of 34,000 Adventist in 2000 that are vegetatarian (not vegan) so they do eat some dairy, but shows that a non-meat diet is perfectly healthy

for some maybe but one cannot say it is perfect for all.

I didnt realize you were a bunny. j/k but are you adverse to consuming whey protien powder?

fettpett
03-29-2011, 07:15 PM
for some maybe but one cannot say it is perfect for all.

I didnt realize you were a bunny. j/k but are you adverse to consuming whey protien powder?

no, I eat meat and dairy, but stick to traditional Jewish dietary laws on what kinds (aka, no Pork, shellfish, organ meat, etc)

Rockntractor
03-29-2011, 07:31 PM
I gained weight on vegetarian diet. This was because my favorite vegetarian foods are pasta salad and peanut butter sandwiches.

I never felt satisfied by what I had eaten, I always wanted more. We would go to my grand parents and raid the refrigerator for hotdogs and sausage. I started raising my own animals at ten years old and butchered and cooked them myself, to the dismay of my veggie munching dad.

fettpett
03-29-2011, 07:36 PM
I never felt satisfied by what I had eaten, I always wanted more. We would go to my grand parents and raid the refrigerator for hotdogs and sausage. I started raising my own animals at ten years old and butchered and cooked them myself, to the dismay of my veggie munching dad.

LOL...nice....

many people are allergic to wheat and that can put on weight because of it too if they eat a lot of pasta largely because they don't know what else to eat

Articulate_Ape
03-29-2011, 09:07 PM

QFT.

It is, however, an object lesson in moderation; one they'll never forget. I hope others pursuing a similar lifestyle will take note.

fettpett
03-29-2011, 09:18 PM
QFT.

It is, however, an object lesson in moderation; one they'll never forget. I hope others pursuing a similar lifestyle will take note.

there have been a few cases of similar happenings in the US, the ones I know of the Doctors all caught any problems before it was too late for the baby

Articulate_Ape
03-29-2011, 09:33 PM
there have been a few cases of similar happenings in the US, the ones I know of the Doctors all caught any problems before it was too late for the baby

So your kids are ok? :p

fettpett
03-29-2011, 09:44 PM
So your kids are ok? :p

:rolleyes::rolleyes: I've said before, I"m not vegan, neither are my kids or wife. I just don't have a problem with it unless it's idiotic reasons like "i love PETA and bambi can't die"

uuummmmmmm.....bambi...../drool

Articulate_Ape
03-29-2011, 10:46 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes: I've said before, I"m not vegan, neither are my kids or wife. I just don't have a problem with it unless it's idiotic reasons like "i love PETA and bambi can't die"

uuummmmmmm.....bambi...../drool

It was a joke, fettpett. Geez, this is like doing a button-on condom expo in Intercourse, PA.

Gingersnap
03-30-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't have a problem with vegetarians. Your stricter LDS eat a 95% vegetarian diet. I eat a lot of veggies myself. That said, you do have to watch what you're eating on that diet. Subbing in potatoes, beans, and bread to make up for meat will make a lot of people fat after a while. Too much fruit ruins your teeth. Relentless washing of veggies removes trace compounds that are necessary for health. It's tricky.

On the other hand, you can eat nothing but fat and meat and be perfectly okay - no deficiencies at all. That pretty much makes the case for what we are "designed" to eat as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Phillygirl
03-30-2011, 10:45 AM

Trying to keep the pasta to a minimum while on a veggie diet is tricky. Also, too much soy can screw with your hormone levels.

I found that my overall digestive system functioned much better when I went semi-vegetarian (I permitted myself one meat day a week, but frequently didn't use it). Overall I was healthier because I was also making better choices...whole grains, fresh vegetables and fruits, etc. I was also taking care to get protein from yogurt, kefir, edamame, etc.

Zafod
03-30-2011, 10:49 AM
On the other hand, you can eat nothing but fat and meat and be perfectly okay - no deficiencies at all. That pretty much makes the case for what we are "designed" to eat as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Bingo.

Anyone who is interested should check out the Anibolic diet.

fettpett
03-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Some of it may depend on blood type too...http://www.dadamo.com/ makes a case that each blood type has an "optimal" diet for each type of blood. I'm type A and should be more of a vegetarian than meat diet, where as a Type B should refrain from chicken and eat more venison/game type meats and greens, AB's are a combo of the two and Type O are generally meat eaters...

Beans are pretty much protiens and most people should have problems with putting weight on with them. some you need to eat other things with them to be complete proteins but soy, spirulina, hemp seed, amaranth, buckwheat, quinoa all are complete proteins by themselves but eating beans and rice (even at separate meals withing a 2 day period) will be metabolized as complete proteins

movie buff
03-30-2011, 01:54 PM
This isn't the first time something like this happened. A few years ago, in America, another couple of Vegan freaks similarly got into trouble after their forcing their Vegan beliefs on their new baby (Rather than milk, they'd give him apple juice, as I recall) caused teh child to die of malnourishment.
And yet self- righteous pigs from groups like PETA try to make it seem that everyone who isn't a strict vegan is automatically a repulsively fat slob who won't live another year, and the only way to get healthy is a 100% vegan diet.