PDA

View Full Version : Obese Ohio Man Found Fused to Chair He Sat in for 2 Years

Gingersnap
03-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Obese Ohio Man Found Fused to Chair He Sat in for 2 Years

Published March 29, 2011

| NewsCore

A morbidly obese Ohio man was in the hospital Tuesday after police found him fused to a chair he had not moved from in two years and were forced to cut a hole in the wall of his house just to get him out, WTRF-TV reported.

The unnamed man lived with two able-bodied roommates -- including his girlfriend, who officials said fed him since he never got up -- in a home in Bellaire, Ohio. The roommates called police upon finding the man unresponsive on Sunday.

Officers who responded to the scene said that the man's skin was fused to the fabric of chair and that he was sitting in his own feces and urine with maggots visible.

One officer said it was the worst thing he had ever responded to. Another told the local TV station he had to throw away his uniform after helping remove the man from the chair.

"The living room where the man lived in his chair was very filthy, very deplorable. It's unbelievable that somebody lives in conditions like that," Jim Chase, a local city code enforcer, told WTRF.

"I instructed the landlord this [Monday] morning and the two people, the tenants at the house, they had to get it cleaned, there's no way they can live in something like that, and so they are working on it," he added.

The landlord told WTRF that the man used to be an active person and said she had no idea how bad his condition was since he covered himself with a blanket every time she came to visit.

Remember the woman fused to the couch a few years ago? I hope this guy makes it - she didn't. :(

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/03/29/obese-ohio-man-fused-chair-sat-2-years/#ixzz1I5wIukh6

Articulate_Ape
03-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Remember the woman fused to the couch a few years ago? I hope this guy makes it - she didn't. :(

It's never easy to defuse these situations.

Gingersnap
03-30-2011, 11:02 AM
The guy was living with two other people. His girlfriend fed him. How could this happen? :mad:

Zafod
03-30-2011, 11:08 AM
holy fucking hell what the fuck!!!

NJCardFan
03-30-2011, 12:22 PM
um...ew? How did the guy take a dump?

Gingersnap
03-30-2011, 12:23 PM
um...ew? How did the guy take a dump?

Guess.

fettpett
03-30-2011, 12:43 PM
how does a guy that big end up with a girlfriend?

Starbuck
03-30-2011, 12:45 PM
I'd sure love to see a picture of that "girlfriend".

Articulate_Ape
03-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Guess.

Like a Playdough Fun Factory?

Rebel Yell
03-30-2011, 12:48 PM
I'll bet you dimes to dollars he is on disability. What he needs is a bullet in the head.

Articulate_Ape
03-30-2011, 12:52 PM
I'll bet you dimes to dollars he is on disability. What he needs is a bullet in the head.

He'd have been a sitting duck.

Apache
03-30-2011, 12:52 PM
The landlord told WTRF that the man used to be an active person and said she had no idea how bad his condition was since he covered himself with a blanket every time she came to visit. Right.Right. right.

She could not detect two years worth for fecal matter and urine :rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
03-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Right.Right. right.

She could not detect two years worth for fecal matter and urine :rolleyes:

Maybe the other two built a litter box under his chair.

Zafod
03-30-2011, 01:07 PM
again

HOLY WHAT THE FUCK!!!!????!!!

Apache
03-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Maybe the other two built a litter box under his chair.
Officers who responded to the scene said that the man's skin was fused to the fabric of chair and that he was sitting in his own feces and urine with maggots visible.

Ummm nope....:eek:

Apache
03-30-2011, 01:10 PM
again

HOLY WHAT THE FUCK!!!!????!!!

Complete breakdown of decency...

Zafod
03-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Complete breakdown of decency...

who? me?

Novaheart
03-30-2011, 01:11 PM

I'm thinking that a person who would get into that situation is in need of some kind of help.

Gingersnap
03-30-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm thinking that a person who would get into that situation is in need of some kind of help.

No kidding. Why his "roommates" didn't call 911 after the first week is beyond me.

Apache
03-30-2011, 01:19 PM
who? me?

Were you one of the roommates or the landlord? If so, then yes :p

I was reffering to all parties involved. Fatboy for literally giving up on everything. The roommates for enabling and aiding him, and the brain dead landlord who never smelled two years of raw sewage, BO or the lack of movement of said tenant...

Rebel Yell
03-31-2011, 08:46 AM

Yeah, A kick in the ass. I'm sorry, but morbidly obese is something a person does to themself. If I take a hacksaw and cut off my right arm, should I get help?

noonwitch
03-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Yeah, A kick in the ass. I'm sorry, but morbidly obese is something a person does to themself. If I take a hacksaw and cut off my right arm, should I get help?

For the most part, you are right, but there are the occasional cases where the person really does have a medical condition that causes morbid obesity. Rare, but real.

I had a coworker a while back who weighed 500 lbs. I just assumed she had to have some kind of medical condition to weigh that much. I said as much to another coworker, who had known the woman in question longer and better than I had. She said "It's no mystery if you ever watched her eat lunch". I found out that she ate deep-fried food for every meal, she was in her 40s and still lived at her mother's house, as did her brother. She, her brother and her mother were all morbidly obese. She went home for lunch most days, to eat with her mother and brother.

There are some serious underlying psychological and family issues behind her weight, but no medical condition. She retired early with disability, but I'll bet by now she's got diabetes and heart disease.