Gingersnap
03-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Study shows 'Islamophobia' in U.S. a myth
Crimes against Jews up to 8 times more than against Muslims

Posted: March 29, 2011
8:12 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
2011 WorldNetDaily

Troubles from "Islamophobia"? Not in the United States, according to a new study today that says attacks on Muslims do not happen a great deal more than attacks on Christians. And attacks on Jews number up to eight times as many.

The results come from the Center for Security Policy, which produced a 42-page report called "Religious Bias Crimes 2000-2009: Muslim, Jewish and Christian Victims Debunking the Myth of a Growing Trend of Muslim Victimization."

The evaluation used statistics on reported crimes from the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Reporting Program.

The study contradicts claims that religious bias crimes against Muslims have increased because of the spread of so-called "Islamophobia." The report said "religious bias crimes also known as hate crimes against Muslim Americans, measured by categories of incidents, offenses or victims, have remained relatively low with a downward trend since 2001, and are significantly less than the numbers of bias crimes against Jewish victims."

Center President Frank Gaffney said the report "is important because it exposes a false belief perpetuated by a few vocal groups that religious bias crimes against Muslims are on the upswing."

"The truth is quite the opposite," he said. "These arguments, unsubstantiated by hard factual data, are corrosive to community relationships at every level of American society, and a potential threat to national security. "

Results delivered to Congress

Center staff said their results were delivered today to Sen. Richard Durbin, D-Ill., and other members of the Senate Judiciary Committee's subcommittee on the Constitution, which was holding a hearing on the issue.

Read more: Study shows 'Islamophobia' in U.S. a myth http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=281049#ixzz1I5ymVn2J

Apache
03-30-2011, 01:00 PM
That's because its not happening. Not the way CAIR would have us believe...

Odysseus
03-30-2011, 06:11 PM
That's because its not happening. Not the way CAIR would have us believe...

That's because CAIR is a front for the Muslim Brotherhood and is using disinformation in order to advance the global jihad.

noonwitch
03-31-2011, 08:57 AM
We had two vandalism incidents in Warren over the past few years that seemed to have targeted people of middle eastern descent-one was at a mosque, and one was at a chaldean catholic church. My guess is that the people who committed the acts were not anti-muslim, but were coming from an "I hate all those a-rabs" mentality.

Calypso Jones
03-31-2011, 09:08 AM
We had two vandalism incidents in Warren over the past few years that seemed to have targeted people of middle eastern descent-one was at a mosque, and one was at a chaldean catholic church. My guess is that the people who committed the acts were not anti-muslim, but were coming from an "I hate all those a-rabs" mentality.

or more likely they stage it themselves to perpetuate the myth.

Odysseus
03-31-2011, 10:14 AM

Unlikely. The Chaldean church would have looked like a church. They tend towards fairly ornate Christian imagery, and it's unlikely that an anti-Arab bigot would have targeted it. Another incident of vandalism at a Chaldean Church in California was clearly motivated by anti-Christian sentiment (http://www.chaldean.org/CommunityPages/ChaldeanChurches/StGeorgeMIUSA/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/487/Chaldean-Church-in-California-Attacked-by-Vandals.aspx).

The surveillance video shows a man climbing the steps of the fountain, then throwing the $3,000, Italian-made statue to the ground. Another man comes and takes the damaged statue. All that was left were porcelain shards that once made up the back of the statue's head, Yonan said.

"The way he hits her, it's like he's mad at somebody," Yonan said of the man in the video. "Why would somebody want to do this?" Yonan said the third man watched the vandalism and left with the other two men.

Churchgoers at St. Thomas say they want to find the damaged statue and hope the surveillance video will help police find the suspects. In the meantime, a smaller statue of Mary has been put in the place where the stolen statue stood.

I doubt that the Chaldeans would stage it. They have a history of persecution by Muslims and are often targeted, even in the US. The California incident involved video of the damage and theft.

noonwitch
03-31-2011, 11:50 AM

I doubt it. My point was that the people who committed the acts probably had issues with all people from the Middle East, not just muslims. Chaldeans are catholics, but they are Iraqis, so they are "arabs".