PDA

View Full Version : Infuriating - Philadelphia cop doesn't know the law

Novaheart
03-30-2011, 01:06 PM
This guy is subjugated by an ignorant and arrogant Philadelphia police officer, and not a rookie either. The subject handles himself immaculately and the officer digs what ought to be his career grave throughout the tape.

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2011/03/25/philadelphia-police-threaten-to-kill-open-carrier

And no NJ Card Fan, it's not an indictment of all police officers, just the ones who think that they can violate the rights of others because they want to be the only ones with the guns.

For more idiocy, read what some on DU have to say on the subject.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=118x396956

Here's the law for those wishing to be informed.

http://paopencarry.org/open-carry-questions-answers#1

Here's a forum in which the subject tells his story and discusses it.

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-144/126083-arrested-philadelphia-police-open-carry.html

And the reason any of this came to my attention is because the St Petersburg Times and the UPI are acting like Evan Longoria was caught in an airport with a bomb up his ass because an AK 47 was stolen from his house.

In case you come across this in your own lives, in the course of discussing the Longoria thing, it became apparent that my mother did not know the difference between a semi-automatic and a machine gun. She thinks it's understandable to own a revolver (which she does) but doesn't understand why anyone would "have a gun like that" or "need a gun like that". So the St Pete Times was successful in making it sound like Longoria had terroristic tendencies.

NJCardFan
03-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Gee, another Nova thread trashing law enforcement. :rolleyes:

And answer the question I've asked countless times: have you ever posted anything positive about law enforcement? Ever? I haven't seen any.

djones520
03-30-2011, 02:15 PM

And answer the question I've asked countless times: have you ever posted anything positive about law enforcement? Ever? I haven't seen any.

Should we not be allowed to discuss it? A police officer threatened to kill someone obeying the law, because he didn't know the law himself.

How is that thrashing law enforcement? The only one thrashing it was the idiot who didn't know what the hell he was doing.

NJCardFan
03-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Should we not be allowed to discuss it? A police officer threatened to kill someone obeying the law, because he didn't know the law himself.

How is that thrashing law enforcement? The only one thrashing it was the idiot who didn't know what the hell he was doing.

It isn't just this. Every time this idiot brings up law enforcement, it's negative. But since the only time you get banned here is getting on the military, this is allowed. Nice policy we have here. Can't say anything negative about the military but law enforcement, where someone in the field dies every day, is fair game. And if you don't think being a cop is as dangerous as being a soldier, try being a cop in Camden.

djones520
03-30-2011, 02:22 PM
It isn't just this. Every time this idiot brings up law enforcement, it's negative. But since the only time you get banned here is getting on the military, this is allowed. Nice policy we have here. Can't say anything negative about the military but law enforcement, where someone in the field dies every day, is fair game. And if you don't think being a cop is as dangerous as being a soldier, try being a cop in Camden.

If the military did something wrong, then it would be open to discuss. Much like the current "Kill Team" thing in the news right now. No one has brought it up, but we are more then open to discuss it. As long as it is done in a proper manner.

I haven't seen anything in Nova's post saying all Law Enforcement are dumb pigs who only exist to restrict your rights. He's highlighted specific events that Law Enforcement officials acted improperly on.

I want to be a Law Enforcement officer when I leave the military, so don't think I'm going to stand by to let them be trashed unfairley. But there is nothing wrong with accountability, nothing at all.

Apache
03-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Don't buy the story. Until another source can back the incident up, I'm calling bullshit...

djones520
03-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Don't buy the story. Until another source can back the incident up, I'm calling bullshit...

Supposedly the officer left his recorder on for the event. I'm at work so can't view/listen to it. It's at the first link Nova provided.

Apache
03-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Supposedly the officer left his recorder on for the event. I'm at work so can't view/listen to it. It's at the first link Nova provided.

Internet dude, could be faked. I see no other sources, at this time, to make me believe that this is legit.

I'm not locked on it is fake. I'm not convinced its real....

lacarnut
03-30-2011, 02:39 PM

He probably got busted for solicitation.

I have a healthy respect for police officers. There are a few bad apples like with any profession.

Rockntractor
03-30-2011, 02:51 PM

You don't get banned for posting articles that sometimes put the military in a bad light, you get banned for making comments that are over the line. I have seen members banned twice for making outrages comments against law enforcement so we do have respect for those that serve as civilians.
Nova does seem to have some sort of animosity toward law enforcement because he does have a habit of finding these stories, that's not a ban-able offence as long as he keeps his comments in line.

Novaheart
03-30-2011, 03:06 PM

It's a stupid question.

Prior to the tsunami thing, 99% of the time I post about Japan it's to complain about the needless slaughter of whales. Do I need to write a book about how much I love my Toyota (which I really do) to complain about the whaling?

When cops deserve praise it's because they are doing their job. It seems that some people think that certain people in certain jobs should get a medal for doing their job. You never see anyone demanding that you write in praise of convenience store clerks or others who take abusive shit off assholes of all social ranks in the course of a day. You never hear anyone demanding the the occupations which actually have significantly reduced life expectancies as a result of occupational hazard get a damned medal. No, you just want one because you have this image of vocation in your head. Well guess what? Nuns have a vocation, they do their job for the basics and a small allowance. If you are making a market salary, then you need to deal with the fact that you aren't a fucking hero, you're just a guy with a job that gets treated like one now and then.

txradioguy
03-30-2011, 03:25 PM

Discuss yes. Constantly and consistently find articles and even have the fucking nerve to use DU as a source on a Conservative website?

Hell no.

This is no different that RIMJob and his stupid diatribes against the police.

Did this cop screw up? Probably from the looks of it.

But Nova has a history of finding articles that put ALL police in a bad light.

If he were doing this to soldiers...he'd have been shown the door a long time ago.

lacarnut
03-30-2011, 04:13 PM
It's a stupid question.

Prior to the tsunami thing, 99% of the time I post about Japan it's to complain about the needless slaughter of whales. Do I need to write a book about how much I love my Toyota (which I really do) to complain about the whaling?

When cops deserve praise it's because they are doing their job. It seems that some people think that certain people in certain jobs should get a medal for doing their job. You never see anyone demanding that you write in praise of convenience store clerks or others who take abusive shit off assholes of all social ranks in the course of a day. You never hear anyone demanding the the occupations which actually have significantly reduced life expectancies as a result of occupational hazard get a damned medal. No, you just want one because you have this image of vocation in your head. Well guess what? Nuns have a vocation, they do their job for the basics and a small allowance. If you are making a market salary, then you need to deal with the fact that you aren't a fucking hero, you're just a guy with a job that gets treated like one now and then.

No, it is not a stupid question. Only a stupid answer by a partisan jerk like you.

BTW, what do you do for a living?

Rockntractor
03-30-2011, 04:18 PM
he'd have been shown the door a long time ago.

Nova doesn't need to be shown the back door, he has seen it up close and personal many times, just sayin'.

Novaheart
03-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Discuss yes. Constantly and consistently find articles and even have the fucking nerve to use DU as a source on a Conservative website?

Sweetie, darling, when I linked to DU for the OP did I not say something likee, "for more idiocy on this"?

Linking to DU was to show the idiots on DU weaseling to support the anti-2nd amendment position.

lacarnut
03-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Nova doesn't need to be shown the back door, he has seen it up close and personal many times, just sayin'.

His speciality could be bj's

I guess he is not going tell us his occupation.

Novaheart
03-30-2011, 08:17 PM
His speciality could be bj's

I guess he is not going tell us his occupation.

I would if it were relevant. Let's say I'm an arborist. How does that affect your next comment?

CueSi
03-30-2011, 09:37 PM
I would if it were relevant. Let's say I'm an arborist. How does that affect your next comment?

<gay joke about trees. Or that you can't stay away from anything phallic shaped. . . you should know this by now, Nova.

~QC

Novaheart
03-30-2011, 09:46 PM
<gay joke about trees. Or that you can't stay away from anything phallic shaped. . . you should know this by now, Nova.

~QC

I've got wood.

NJCardFan
03-30-2011, 10:41 PM
It's a stupid question.

What do you know about it? What do you know about the sacrifices cops make? The shitty hours. Missing kids' birthdays, Christmases, anniversaries, etc. Yes, we know this coming in, however, it doesn't make it any easier. How do you explain to a child that you can't be there for his first baseball game or her first dance recital because you couldn't get off of work? Or how about having to find a way to get to work during a blizzard when normal people stay home. Is this simply doing a job or doing a job so few people volunteer to do? As for my job, I am outnumbered at some times 124 to 1. I work around inmates with AIDS, HIV, hepatitis, TB, and god knows what else. We've had outbreaks of MRSA, scabies, and other nasties. Ever had a cup of piss thrown at you? I have. Ever had to wrangle a guy who rubbed crap all over his upper body? I have. Ever been spit at? I have. And did you know that corrections officers have the highest suicide rates? Divorce rates? Small wonder when one of us snaps. In my short career I've had fellow officers get hooked on drugs and lose their jobs. Commit suicide. And there has been 3 murders and 1 murder suicide. But you never hear anything positive coming from corrections. Oh, you hear when one of us fucks up. But did anyone put in the paper about one of my fellow officers who happened upon a car accident and used a hacksaw he had in his car to pull one of the women out? Of course not, you hear of the idiot who shot at 2 thugs at a Camden bar. See why I get so worked up? But you're too much of an immature idiot to understand this.