PDA

View Full Version : There Are Stupid Comments And There Are Stupid Comments

NJCardFan
03-31-2011, 12:22 AM
This is a sports story but it deserves to be in GD. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson took stupidity to a new level with this comment:

It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money the owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money. I understand that; these are business-minded people. Of course this is what they are going to want to do. I understand that; it's how they got to where they are now. But as players, we have to stand our ground and say, 'Hey without us, there's no football.' There are so many different perspectives from different players, and obviously we're not all on the same page I don't know. I don't really see this going to where we'll be without football for a long time; there's too much money lost for the owners. Eventually, I feel that we'll get something done.http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Adrian-Peterson-expresses-frustration-on-labor-i?urn=nfl-wp206
A man who makes $10 million a year compares the labor dispute in the NFL with slavery. Talk about being detached from reality.

Madisonian
03-31-2011, 12:31 AM
My first guess is that he did not use his probable college scholarship to study economics or history and having heard him speak, I don't think English Language was high on the list either.

ColonialMarine0431
03-31-2011, 12:36 AM
I never knew the slaves were paid millions of dollars a year.

What a twit Obama Zombie.

Articulate_Ape
03-31-2011, 01:05 AM
This is a sports story but it deserves to be in GD. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson took stupidity to a new level with this comment:

A man who makes $10 million a year compares the labor dispute in the NFL with slavery. Talk about being detached from reality.

Welcome back, Jersey exit.

txradioguy
03-31-2011, 04:22 AM

They are taking their cues straight from the top. The head of the NFLPA is using straight up Marxist class warfare in this debate. Not surprising that some of the players are just repeating what he says. Might be time to ship AP off in a trade to Cleveland or Carolina.

fettpett
03-31-2011, 08:16 AM
My first guess is that he did not use his probable college scholarship to study economics or history and having heard him speak, I don't think English Language was high on the list either.

he probably got a "communications" major in College, one of the easiest damn degrees to get in college, there is a reason why so many athletes get it.

noonwitch
03-31-2011, 09:08 AM
I've heard jokes to that effect, like "buying and selling human beings is forbidden by law in the United States, outside of professional sports". But not too many people consider it "slavery" at $10 million a year.

NJCardFan
03-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Warren Sapp made a similar comment exactly 1 week after the (truthful) comment Rush made about Donovan McNabb on ESPN. Oh, and let's not forget Terrell Owens saying he couldn't feed his family on $14 million.

fettpett
03-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Warren Sapp made a similar comment exactly 1 week after the (truthful) comment Rush made about Donovan McNabb on ESPN. Oh, and let's not forget Terrell Owens saying he couldn't feed his family on $14 million.

Sapp is a racist bigot and can't stand the guy....

JB
03-31-2011, 04:20 PM
Somebody kindly tell that douche that without the fans there will be no football.

There will always be players.

PoliCon
03-31-2011, 04:30 PM

Clearly he's a leftist. He's making a baldfaced appeal to emotionalism over reason in his attempt to sell you his chosen narrative. I'm not surprised for an instant.