PDA

View Full Version : Melody: a linear succession of musical tones which is perceived as a single entity.

Melody
03-31-2011, 09:21 PM
The title defines me.

I have some basic beliefs, mostly to the right of the political spectrum. These beliefs form the symphony of who I am and how I live and how I am perceived. A nut job, I guess.

There are notes that at times stand apart, that do not belong, yet somehow balance and enhance, perhaps directly defy the symphony as a whole. I am a see-saw protaganist. I probably don't like it any more than you do, but I insist on seeing the other side.

I really piss me off sometimes.

Illegall aliens and their costs pretty much irritate the heck out of me. There are those illegsls who demand a better life, who feel that what this country has to offer is their due, just because they are brown, because they are mexican and poor - because they can. To these, I say the f-word you!

And there are those who love and believe in ths country, who live to pay back their debt because they are men of honor. Because they love this country as much, even more, than those born to these shores. To these I say Thank You Brother!

So this is who I am. Contradictory and judemental. There is always the "rest of the story".

With the exception of Islamists.

If someone I know of is a pracrticing islamist, trust is negated. I'm sure that most islamists are wonderfull people, not prone to violence. But, I'll believe that as truth when I am convinced a little dutch boy stopped a flood with his little finger.

PoliCon
03-31-2011, 09:36 PM
welcome aboard melody. :)

Rockntractor
03-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Welcome Melody!:)

malloc
03-31-2011, 09:53 PM
Welcome to CU!

Melody
03-31-2011, 09:58 PM
welcome aboard melody. :)

Thanks PoliCon. I am hoping my contributions will at least provide some thought to what we are trained to believe. I know I sound a bit - controversial.

Melody
03-31-2011, 10:03 PM
Welcome Melody!:)

Thanks again! You read my intro, right? I can be a bit of a be-ach. Miisunderstood on occasion.

Gingersnap
03-31-2011, 10:10 PM
Welcome aboard! I'm a socially conservative Libertarian who thinks the war on drugs is wasteful and who owns an "arsenal" of guns but still gardens organically. You'll fit right in! If I can, anybody can.

Don't forget to drop by the Lounge when you get tired of the politics. ;)

Melody
03-31-2011, 10:11 PM
Welcome to CU!

I thank you for the welcome as well! From my lurking activity, you seem to be a rather tolerant group. I appreciate your acceptance, though I know it is probationary.

Gingersnap
03-31-2011, 10:18 PM
I thank you for the welcome as well! From my lurking activity, you seem to be a rather tolerant group. I appreciate your acceptance, though I know it is probationary.

*Laughs weakly*

On a brighter note - like Mars, we always need more women.

Shannon
03-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Seriously? I'm sorry, I didn't even read the whole post. The title still has me in stitches.

Melody
03-31-2011, 10:45 PM
Welcome aboard! I'm a socially conservative Libertarian who thinks the war on drugs is wasteful and who owns an "arsenal" of guns but still gardens organically. You'll fit right in! If I can, anybody can.

Don't forget to drop by the Lounge when you get tired of the politics. ;)

I am tired of politics already. Onward! To the lonunge.

Gingersnap
03-31-2011, 10:52 PM
I am tired of politics already. Onward! To the lonunge.

If you have an interest in glued body parts, dog pics, celebutard news, chickens, bad fashion, household mishaps, or deviant sex, the Lounge Lizards are your huckleberry. :)

Melody
03-31-2011, 10:56 PM
*Laughs weakly*

On a brighter note - like Mars, we always need more women.

Oh, come on an outright GAFAW is much more fun, and interesting:D

Melody
03-31-2011, 11:03 PM
Seriously? I'm sorry, I didn't even read the whole post. The title still has me in stitches.

Ahhh, I accept your position, though I will not give it definition. No need to be sorry dear, reading is not my strongest point either. ;)

Melody
03-31-2011, 11:05 PM
If you have an interest in glued body parts, dog pics, celebutard news, chickens, bad fashion, household mishaps, or deviant sex, the Lounge Lizards are your huckleberry. :)

Glued body parts? I'm in!

obx
04-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Welcome Melody. "A pretty girl is like a ..."

SarasotaRepub
04-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Welcome to CU!!! :D