PDA

View Full Version : Typical Democrat “silly piece of paper” called the Constitution.

Apocalypse
04-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Should be interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qx0p8ONUXI&feature=player_embedded

ColonialMarine0431
04-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Dumb fu(k.

AmPat
04-01-2011, 09:14 AM
There is no such thing as a reasonable DIMoRAT. They are all by ideology and now by definition, Anti-American. The Constitution is a road block to their agenda of increasing govt control and ownership of our lives and property. DIMpRATS are the enemy we will one day be fighting openly. Like islamists, there is no negotiating with them. Just ask our new Majority Leader.

NJCardFan
04-01-2011, 11:18 AM
The Constitution is silly to Democrats unless there's something in it that suits their agenda. Mr. McDURRmott, if you're tired of the Constitution, resign your office because you took an oath to uphold that silly piece of paper. I can't wait for the resident libs to defend this.

ColonialMarine0431
04-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Maybe he needs a gentle reminder about what happened to the French Aristocracy.
:D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/ColonialMarine/GIFS-Animated/Guillotine.gif

Novaheart
04-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Should be interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qx0p8ONUXI&feature=player_embedded

Should be interesting to see what he was actually saying, instead of the clip that some idiot thinks we are stupid enough to think is his point.

megimoo
04-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Should be interesting to see what he was actually saying, instead of the clip that some idiot thinks we are stupid enough to think is his point.

Examiner.com: "McDermott 'Tired Of Reading The Constitution.'" A March 31 post to Examiner.com reported:

Washington Democratic Congressman Jim McDermott had sharp words for the GOP Thursday, when he said:

"I'm tired of reading the Constitution and all the silly things we've done for the last 13 weeks."

McDermott - known for outrageous and highly partisan remarks - lamented time he felt was wasted and asked, "when are we going to see anything having to do with job creation," according to a post at Real Clear Politics. Perhaps McDermott hasn't heard about the effort by the GOP to cut wasteful spending from the budget or the attempt to repeal the massive health care law. [Examiner.com, 3/31/11]

Gingersnap
04-01-2011, 12:30 PM
To be fair, he didn't call the Constitution silly, he called the time spent looking at the constitutional basis for legislation "silly".

That's still pretty dumb but not quite as a inflammatory. :D

NJCardFan
04-01-2011, 12:39 PM

How else should that be interpreted? Congresspeople swear an oath to uphold the Constitution. If they want to pass some bullshit legislation, they have to refer to the Constitution to see if it is legal. Not only should these people read the Constitution but they should know it near inside and out or, at worst, keep a copy on hand. I'm just a Joe Shmoe and I carry one every day.

Novaheart
04-01-2011, 02:43 PM
To be fair, he didn't call the Constitution silly, he called the time spent looking at the constitutional basis for legislation "silly".

That's still pretty dumb but not quite as a inflammatory. :D

I think he was actually referring to GOP schoolboy games in the House. It's one thing to read the Constitution for reference or clarity, and quite another to force it to be read daily as some kind of political grandstanding. Kind of like the guy who has the huge flag in the back of his pick up truck. Is he expressing patriotism or a need to be acknowledged by the invisible audience?

Gingersnap
04-01-2011, 02:58 PM
I think he was actually referring to GOP schoolboy games in the House. It's one thing to read the Constitution for reference or clarity, and quite another to force it to be read daily as some kind of political grandstanding. Kind of like the guy who has the huge flag in the back of his pick up truck. Is he expressing patriotism or a need to be acknowledged by the invisible audience?

"Both" is also a possible answer. :D

Arroyo_Doble
04-01-2011, 03:02 PM

I for one am against kicking puppies. I am surprised my friend from across the aisle is for it.

fettpett
04-01-2011, 08:52 PM
sadly, many people share this fucking idiot fool's opinion.... :mad:

JB
04-01-2011, 09:14 PM
I think he was actually referring to GOP schoolboy games in the House.Like what?

AmPat
04-02-2011, 11:46 AM

Perhaps when the DIMS, (like Mc DUMBnut) actually start to demonstrate a working knowledge of the Constitution, the GOP will actually put off the reading. Until the DUMBoRATS are evicted at the next DElection, I say keep the Constitution in their idiotic faces.

FlaGator
04-02-2011, 11:57 AM

He didn't actually say the Constitution was silly, just that he was tired of reading it.