PDA

View Full Version : "Cops Fail To Arrest Fellow Union Member,After all They're Only Republicians !"

megimoo
04-01-2011, 10:49 AM
WI: Woman faces charges in threatening emails to lawmakers (govt commies REFUSE TO ARREST HER!)

MADISON (WKOW) -- Authorities say 26-year-old Katherine Windels sent disturbing emails to 16 Republican senators, repeatedly threatening to kill them.

Windels, of Cross Plains, faces four charges including using a computer to send a threat and creating a bomb scare.

Two of the counts are felonies, two are misdemeanors. The criminal complaint says the emails were sent on March 9, the same day senate Republicans passed the revised budget repair bill with no Democrats present.

According to the complaint, Windels told the senators "you will be killed and your families [sic] will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks." She threatened to "put a nice little bullet in your head," and made reference to several bombs.

Investigators visited Windels at her home the next day. According to the complaint, she told them she had sent the emails, and did so because she was very angry about what the senators had done. She also said she didn't intend to carry out the threats, and was not arrested.

Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne filed the charges Thursday. He says "it's odd" law enforcement never took Windels into custody.

"The reality is, the person was not placed into custody, so at some point, law enforcement didn't see the person as an imminent threat," Ozanne said. "It's not that the case was not serious or taken seriously by law enforcement or by this office."

http://www.wkow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14361120

djones520
04-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Oh shit! Megi's slamming on cops!!!

:p

NJCardFan
04-01-2011, 11:08 AM
I read the entire article. Where does it say that cops refused to arrest her? Here is the linked article in it's entirety:

MADISON (WKOW) -- Authorities say 26-year-old Katherine Windels sent disturbing emails to 16 Republican senators, repeatedly threatening to kill them.

Windels, of Cross Plains, faces four charges including using a computer to send a threat and creating a bomb scare.

Two of the counts are felonies, two are misdemeanors. The criminal complaint says the emails were sent on March 9, the same day senate Republicans passed the revised budget repair bill with no Democrats present.

According to the complaint, Windels told the senators "you will be killed and your families [sic] will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks." She threatened to "put a nice little bullet in your head," and made reference to several bombs.

Investigators visited Windels at her home the next day. According to the complaint, she told them she had sent the emails, and did so because she was very angry about what the senators had done. She also said she didn't intend to carry out the threats, and was not arrested.

Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne filed the charges Thursday. He says "it's odd" law enforcement never took Windels into custody.

"The reality is, the person was not placed into custody, so at some point, law enforcement didn't see the person as an imminent threat," Ozanne said. "It's not that the case was not serious or taken seriously by law enforcement or by this office."

This morning, the Justice Department sent a letter to the media, saying it was concerned about the "lack of action" on the case by the D.A.'s office. The Justice Department had referred the case to Ozanne two weeks prior.

Ozanne says his office filed charges in an appropriate amount of time.

"The file was reviewed as quickly as possible," he said.

He declined to comment on whether the letter could be the result of mounting tensions between his office, and the Justice Department. The two are pitted against each other in the lawsuit against the Governor's budget repair bill.

Windels is not in custody. The D.A.'s office says she won't be arrested.

The district attorney's office said Friday morning, the 26-year-old will now make her initial appearance Thursday, April 21.

If convicted on all counts, she could face up to seven years, six months in prison.

MADISON (WKOW) -- The Dane County District Attorney has filed charges in connection with threats against state lawmakers.

Katherine Windels, of Cross Plains, 26, faces four counts including a computer message threat and bomb scare.

Two are felony and two are misdemeanor charges.

The threats, made against Republican state senators and possibly others according to authorities, led to tighter capitol security earlier this month, when thousands protested the passage of collective bargaining limits and demanded more access to the building.

Please highlight where it says in the article that "cops fail to arrest fellow union member, after all they're only Republicans" because I don't see it. But I guess it's OK because it's perfectly fine to libel cops on the CU.

Arroyo_Doble
04-01-2011, 11:12 AM
I read the entire article. Where does it say that cops refused to arrest her? Here is the linked article in it's entirety:

Please highlight where it says in the article that "cops fail to arrest fellow union member, after all they're only Republicans" because I don't see it. But I guess it's OK because it's perfectly fine to libel cops on the CU.

Public service has become suspect recently for some reason. It is now the focus of anger in the nation for a large number of our citizens. It was an abrupt change, too.

Gingersnap
04-01-2011, 11:13 AM
I think people tend to conflate the duties of the D.A. and the police. Most of the time, they work toward the same ends but some of the time, the D.A. is playing politics and the police get blamed. That looks like the case here.

PoliCon
04-01-2011, 11:14 AM

It's just another example of moo using the WND tactic of creating sensational headlines that have no basis in reality.

Novaheart
04-01-2011, 11:18 AM
I think people tend to conflate the duties of the D.A. and the police. Most of the time, they work toward the same ends but some of the time, the D.A. is playing politics and the police get blamed. That looks like the case here.

"In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories."

Gingersnap
04-01-2011, 11:20 AM
"In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories."

LOL! I totally heard the theme music when I read your post! :p

megimoo
04-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Oh shit! Megi's slamming on cops!!!

:pJust the facts man,just the facts !As I understand it the law is to be administrated
equally and the cops aren't Judges or Jury's .She's union and from the evidence she committed a serious crime .The cops have no right to decide that she's not a danger to the public.

" The words "Equal Justice Under Law" apparently paraphrase an earlier expression coined by Chief Justice Melville Fuller. In the case of Caldwell v. Texas in 1891, Fuller wrote about the

"Fuller wrote about the Fourteenth Amendment as follows:

By the Fourteenth Amendment the powers of the States in dealing with crime within their borders are not limited, but no State can deprive particular persons or classes of persons of equal and impartial justice under the law."

megimoo
04-01-2011, 11:40 AM

Freeper's headlines...."WI: Woman faces charges in threatening emails to lawmakers (govt commies REFUSE TO ARREST HER!)"

Windels is not in custody. The D.A.'s office says she won't be arrested.

NJCardFan
04-01-2011, 12:12 PM
The D.A.'s office isn't the police, genius. 2 entirely different entities. This makes you a liar and a slanderer.

Gingersnap
04-01-2011, 12:26 PM
The D.A.'s office isn't the police, genius. 2 entirely different entities. This makes you a liar and a slanderer.

It makes him confused, maybe. The D.A. can use his or her office for political agendas and the police get blamed for it. To be fair, sometimes the police take credit for those agendas, too.

megimoo
04-01-2011, 12:31 PM

And your heated response makes you a fool and a zealot .Your knee jerk reaction in defense of all things police is a bit tiring,are the police always correct in your eyes,are they always above reproach ?

Did the police arrest her or not ?Were the charges she admitted to,two felony's,serious enough to warrant an arrest ?
In your estimation is it possible for a cop to refuse to arrest someone because they agree with them or are members of the union even if they broke the law ?

Gingersnap
04-01-2011, 12:42 PM
And your heated response makes you a fool and a zealot .Your knee jerk reaction in defense of all things police is a bit tiring,are the police always correct in your eyes,are they always above reproach ?

Did the police arrest her or not ?Were the charges she admitted to,two felony's,serious enough to warrant an arrest ?
In your estimation is it possible for a cop to refuse to arrest someone because they agree with them or are members of the union even if they broke the law ?

The D.A. decides on that stuff, Moo.

Besides, there's more stuff about this story in the DUmmy Forum! Juicy!

txradioguy
04-01-2011, 02:10 PM

Still waiting for you to show us whre the cops refused to arrest this person.

txradioguy
04-01-2011, 02:11 PM

Can't let a little thing like the facts get in moo's way of becoming the top poster (by post count) on the forum.

megimoo
04-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Still waiting for you to show us whre the cops refused to arrest this person.

If you sent this email to a RINO, Hard Core Liberal or any Political hack would the cops lock you up ?..I'm sure this wont satisfy you. The cops may decide to take you into custody and hold you on probable cause any time they care to .
Sent: Wed 3/9/2011 9:18 PM
To: Sen.Kapanke; Sen.Darling; Sen.Cowles; Sen.Ellis; Sen.Fitzgerald; Sen.Galloway; Sen.Grothman; Sen.Harsdorf; Sen.Hopper; Sen.Kedzie; Sen.Lasee; Sen.Lazich; Sen.Leibham; Sen.Moulton; Sen.Olsen
Subject: Atten: Death threat!!!! Bomb!!!!

Please put your things in order because you will be killed and your familes will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks. Please explain to them that this is because if we get rid of you and your families then it will save the rights of 300,000 people and also be able to close the deficit
that you have created. I hope you have a good time in hell. Read below for more information on possible scenarios in which you will die.

WE want to make this perfectly clear. Because of your actions today and in the past couple of weeks I and the group of people that are working with me have decided that we’ve had enough. We feel that you and the people that support the dictator have to die. We have tried many other ways of dealing with your corruption but you have taken things too far and we will not stand for it any longer. So, this is how it’s going to happen: I as well as many
others know where you and your family live, it’s a matter of public records. We have all planned to assult you by arriving at your house and putting a nice little bullet in your head. However, we decided that we wouldn’t leave it there. We also have decided that this may not be enough to send the message to you since you are so “high” on Koch and have decided that you are now going to single handedly make this a dictatorship instead of a demorcratic process. So we have also built several bombs that we have placed in various locations around the areas in which we know that you frequent. This includes, your house, your car, the state capitol, and well I won’t tell you all of them because that’s just no fun. Since we know that you are not smart enough to figure out why this is happening to you we have decided to make it perfectly clear to you. If you and your goonies feel that it’s necessary to strip the rights of 300,000 people and ruin their lives, making them unable to feed, clothe, and provide the necessities to their families and themselves then We Will “get rid of” (in which I mean kill) you. Please understand that this does not include the heroic Rep. Senator that risked
everything to go aganist what you and your goonies wanted him to do. We feel that it’s worth our lives to do this, because we would be saving the lives of 300,000 people. Please make your peace with God as soon as possible and say goodbye to your loved ones we will not wait any longer. YOU WILL DIE!!!!

BTW post count is meaningless,it's nothing but numbers !

NJCardFan
04-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Megi, your beef is with the prosecutors office. See, this is how things work in the real world:

These threats were made via e-mail. Upon investigation they find out who sent those e-mails. The D.A's office then issue an arrest warrant but due to politics, they don't. If no arrest warrant is issued, cops just can't take it upon themselves to arrest this woman. If they did, they'd be violating her 4th and 5th amendment rights. Believe me, the defense would be all over it and she would walk so if you want to blame someone, blame the D.A. for playing politics, not the police.

I also need to point out that in your title, you have it in quotes implying it is a direct quote from someone. In the article, there isn't a quote even similar to your title. This means you're being intellectually dishonest and libelous.