PDA

View Full Version : A very powerful message.

Articulate_Ape
04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
I think this is incredibly well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VY2bAhLmBY

Gingersnap
04-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Wow. This really is a very powerful message.

I'm moving this to WOT only because it's a little too intense for the Lounge and because it uses imagery from 9/11 as a springboard for a much more extensive theme.

You need to watch all of this clip. Don't sample 3 or 4 minutes and think you've got it. ;)

Articulate_Ape
04-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks, Ginger. I was stumped as to where to put it. It's too bad we don't have a forum dedicated to videos here.

Gingersnap
04-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks, Ginger. I was stumped as to where to put it. It's too bad we don't have a forum dedicated to videos here.

That would be handy for things like this.

Articulate_Ape
04-02-2011, 01:56 AM
That would be handy for things like this.

Indeed. It would be less like a grave. :p

hampshirebrit
04-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Wow. This really is a very powerful message.

I'm moving this to WOT only because it's a little too intense for the Lounge and because it uses imagery from 9/11 as a springboard for a much more extensive theme.

You need to watch all of this clip. Don't sample 3 or 4 minutes and think you've got it. ;)

I've watched it twice, and I'm really not getting it at all. The imagery in the first two thirds is very unsettling, as always, but the words don't line up with the imagery for me. I was in NYC shortly after 9/11 and so I'm not wanting to watch it for a third time to try and figure it out.

Someone want to have a shot at explaining what the supposed "powerful message" is? A Cliff Notes version will do.

Odysseus
04-02-2011, 11:06 AM
I've watched it twice, and I'm really not getting it at all. The imagery in the first two thirds is very unsettling, as always, but the words don't line up with the imagery for me. I was in NYC shortly after 9/11 and so I'm not wanting to watch it for a third time to try and figure it out.

Someone want to have a shot at explaining what the supposed "powerful message" is? A Cliff Notes version will do.

Apparently, 9/11 was God's vengeance on the fleshy (materialistic) world. Personally, I go with the "...the Arabs were angry that day" explanation, but I'm a cause and effect kind of guy.

FlaGator
04-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Incredible... Thank you Ape for sharing this.

AmPat
04-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Apparently, 9/11 was God's vengeance on the fleshy (materialistic) world. Personally, I go with the "...the Arabs were angry that day" explanation, but I'm a cause and effect kind of guy.
Actually, the arabs are angry every day and getting angrier. The more they get, the more they demand. The west had better wake up and put a stop to the human Gonorrhea that is otherwise known as muslims.