PDA

View Full Version : One in five American mothers have children with different dads

megimoo
04-02-2011, 01:23 AM
"Gee,Doesn't That Mean That twenty percent of American Kids are Bastards ?"

One in five mothers in America have children with different fathers, a new study shows. Researchers found that the trend was higher in minority groups and mothers with low income and education backgrounds.

The data was taken over a 27-year period from nearly 4,000 U.S. women who had been interviewed more than 20 times. The study's author Cassandra Dorius said of the one in five figure: 'To put it in perspective, this is similar to the number of American adults with a college degree. It's pervasive.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1372553/One-American-mothers-children-different-dads.html

Rockntractor
04-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Does this mean four out of five mothers have children fathered by the same dude? That must be one hell of a busy guy!:confused::eek:

megimoo
04-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Does this mean four out of five mothers have children fathered by the same dude? That must be on hell of a busy guy!:confused::eek:He must drink a lot of fluids ?

fettpett
04-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Does this mean four out of five mothers have children fathered by the same dude? That must be one hell of a busy guy!:confused::eek:

reminds me of that Slider's episode were almost all the dudes were killed off by Sadam and they had to use the remaining men to repopulate

Novaheart
04-02-2011, 12:33 PM

Not necessarily.

Novaheart
04-02-2011, 12:41 PM

While we held onto the social stigma of the word or status of "bastard" for centuries afterword, the only real function of illegitimacy was inheritance and that was much more important when Primogeniture was our social and legal norm.

Now that people piss away and parcel out their children's future inheritances and most people get little or nothing, even the eldest son, then we're all pretty much bastards.

It's noteworthy that the impact of being a bastard hasn't been consistent, many of the bastards of nobility actually inherited social rank, property, and the name of their father when they were acknowledged.

Unless they have changed it, in Maryland by law all children born to your wife are legally presumed to be yours.

It's interesting to see how openly this was discussed in the past. In wills from the 17th and 18th century in Virginia and Maryland, it's common for the planter to specify that his land is to pass to "my son Richard and then to the lawful fruit of his loins forever" or something like that.

NJCardFan
04-02-2011, 12:53 PM
I'd like to know how many of these mothers are on public assistance because only in this country do we reward bad behavior.

djones520
04-02-2011, 12:56 PM
I'd like to know how many of these mothers are on public assistance because only in this country do we reward bad behavior.

I'd like to know how many of them have been with men that they have married after the first relationship.

Always gotta go for the negative thoughts. :rolleyes:

Novaheart
04-02-2011, 01:07 PM

AUSTRALIA: Convicted Islamic terrorist illegally collected welfare benefits for 19 years

AUSTRALIA: Taxpayers unknowingly handed out $1 million in welfare payments to Muslim terrorist

http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/2010/12/15/australia-taxpayers-unknowingly-handed-out-1-million-in-welfare-payments-to-muslim-terrorist/

fettpett
04-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Unless they have changed it, in Maryland by law all children born to your wife are legally presumed to be yours.

It's interesting to see how openly this was discussed in the past. In wills from the 17th and 18th century in Virginia and Maryland, it's common for the planter to specify that his land is to pass to "my son Richard and then to the lawful fruit of his loins forever" or something like that.

It's the same way in Michigan

megimoo
04-02-2011, 07:28 PM
While we held onto the social stigma of the word or status of "bastard" for centuries afterword, the only real function of illegitimacy was inheritance and that was much more important when Primogeniture was our social and legal norm.

Now that people piss away and parcel out their children's future inheritances and most people get little or nothing, even the eldest son, then we're all pretty much bastards.

It's noteworthy that the impact of being a bastard hasn't been consistent, many of the bastards of nobility actually inherited social rank, property, and the name of their father when they were acknowledged.

It's interesting to see how openly this was discussed in the past. In wills from the 17th and 18th century in Virginia and Maryland, it's common for the planter to specify that his land is to pass to "my son Richard and then to the lawful fruit of his loins forever" or something like that.The power of the state to screw the man..They keep these kids off the welfare rolls by soaking the man with a lifetime of child support whether the child is his or not..In some states they even hold supposedly anonymous sperm donors liable for child support .With the state,whether it's divorce or welfare it's always about the mans money !

Calypso Jones
04-02-2011, 10:00 PM
are they counting remarriages?

Novaheart
04-02-2011, 10:04 PM
The power of the state to screw the man..They keep these kids off the welfare rolls by soaking the man with a lifetime of child support whether the child is his or not..In some states they even hold supposedly anonymous sperm donors liable for child support .With the state,whether it's divorce or welfare it's always about the mans money !

Now that they have DNA testing you can prove that you aren't the child's father. What you often aren't allowed to do is to disown a child you have already accepted paternity for, simply because you're getting a divorce and you got DNA tested as a weapon against your wife.

I think you will agree that if a man has accepted a child as his own for five years, he's some kind of a clod to then try to get out of child support by proving his isn't "really" the father. That would be like an adoptive parent claiming to be absolved from child support because he isn't the bioparent of the child.

Gingersnap
04-02-2011, 10:18 PM

LOL! You've never lived in Europe! Trust me, women who have children outside of marriage are at least partially subsidized by government money/programs throughout Europe. It's a major factor in the decline of marriage over there. It's also a big financial problem since the largest number of children are being born (as always) to the poorest and least socially responsible people. DNA and paternity don't mean much financially when both partners are living off the State.

Even when financial considerations are off the table, the multiple father thing is a big problem. Kids keep score and they can and do feel marginalized by subsequent half-siblings and those siblings' own carnival of bio-grand parents and other half-sibs.

megimoo
04-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Now that they have DNA testing you can prove that you aren't the child's father. What you often aren't allowed to do is to disown a child you have already accepted paternity for, simply because you're getting a divorce and you got DNA tested as a weapon against your wife.

I think you will agree that if a man has accepted a child as his own for five years, he's some kind of a clod to then try to get out of child support by proving his isn't "really" the father. That would be like an adoptive parent claiming to be absolved from child support because he isn't the bioparent of the child.

How in GODS name can a College kid sperm donor accepted a child as his own for five years if he has never met him/her and has no idea that she/he even exists ?
DNA testing or not most state will still go after you for payment of child support.

"Gay Sperm Donor Owes Support"..
http://gaycitynews.com/articles/2011/02/06/gay_city_news/news/national/doc4d2508fe54ea9412742080.txt
MELVILLE, N.Y. — A New York man who said he donated sperm to a female co-worker as a friendly gesture and sent presents and cards to the child over the years likely will owe child support for the college-bound teenager, according to a judge's ruling.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2004046062_sperm01.html
Can a sperm donor be forced to pay child support?
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2883/can-a-sperm-donor-be-forced-to-pay-child-support
Should anonymous sperm donors pay child support?
http://gabrielcheonglaw.com/should-anonymous-sperm-donors-pay-child-support
Dad paid support for 11 years after his child was killed
http://www.ejfi.org/family/family-34.htm
The bottom line is 'keep it in your knickers' or in your 'golden years' you too will be paying for a college education !

noonwitch
04-04-2011, 11:19 AM
It's the same way in Michigan

Not always. We get cases in our system in which the biological father challenges, is given a DNA test, and then is established by the court as the father, but only in cases in which the biological father wants to claim paternity, or in which the mother is yanking both men around and the court has to put a stop to it.

fettpett
04-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Not always. We get cases in our system in which the biological father challenges, is given a DNA test, and then is established by the court as the father, but only in cases in which the biological father wants to claim paternity, or in which the mother is yanking both men around and the court has to put a stop to it.

well I meant that at birth a child is considered the fathers of a married couple. Its nice to know that there can be a challenge and the biological father can take credit