PDA

View Full Version : Crime Robber Punched 88-Year-Old Woman in the Face for $3

megimoo
04-02-2011, 02:21 AM
​It doesn't get much lower than this.

On Tuesday night, an unidentified goon busted into the Pompano home of 88-year-old Pearl Patrinos, punched her in the face, stole some jewelry, and threatened to kill her if she didn't give him money. He fled from the bungalow on NE 33rd Street with $3 in hand.

Patrinos, a South Floridian since 1978 who had lived alone since her husband died 22 years ago, was treated at North Broward Medical Center after the attack. On Thursday, while she slowly recovered from the beating, police continued to search for the ruthless bandit, according to the Sun-Sentinel.

As if it's not already difficult enough to imagine what kind of subhuman creep would coldcock an old lady, the police description is pretty weak.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/juice/2011/04/robber_punched_88-year-old_woman.php

NJCardFan
04-02-2011, 10:43 AM
No race given. Not surprised. Don't want to offend anyone. :rolleyes:

Novaheart
04-02-2011, 12:24 PM

No ethnicity given.

Novaheart
04-02-2011, 12:30 PM
I live in fear of something like this happening to my mother. Her house is in an older waterfront district and like a lot of Florida, my neighborhood too, is in short walking distance to problem areas. But unlike my house, an old house which has no ground level windows, my mother's house is a 1960's nightmare of glass.

And her neighbors actually had the nerve to complain about the security lights in the back yard. My mom opens the back door a couple of times a night to let her dogs in and out, so I have a riot light over the rear of the garage.

noonwitch
04-04-2011, 02:49 PM
One of the only times I ever recommended a juvenile be sentenced as an adult for a crime that wasn't murder or criminal sexual conduct had to do with an assault on an elderly woman. He carjacked an 80 something old woman in a department store parking lot using a knife as a weapon, then cut her in the arm when she didn't give him her keys quickly enough.

The judge in the case was at the time very notorious for letting juvenile offenders off on serious crimes with a slap on the wrist. He gave the little bastard 5-10 years. After the hearing, the victim's son found me in the hallway and thanked me, because the DOC and the court shrink had both recommended juvenile sentencing.

This was the hearing-when I visited the kid in jail before I wrote my pre-sentence investigation report, I yelled at him that it could have been my grandmother, his grandmother, or any elderly and vulnerable woman who he robbed. I asked him if it had been necessary for him to cut her in order to steal her car and he denied doing either.

I have no sympathy for those who prey on the elderly or on children.

Speedy
04-04-2011, 03:02 PM

Damned Amish thugs!

lacarnut
04-04-2011, 03:52 PM
This happened to my elderly Aunt in New Orleans many years ago. The black bastard beat her so bad that she wound up in a nursing home with memory loss. I used to take my parents to visit her and she did not know who any of us was.

Rebel Yell
04-04-2011, 04:37 PM
What's a crime robber? Does he steal crime from thieves? Is he a super hero?