PDA

View Full Version : Bug Report: Viewed Threads Not Unbolded

malloc
04-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Greetings Admins, I have a bug to report with the forums. I use the "Remember Me" option to keep me logged in from my windows laptop. I also use the "New Posts" link often throughout the day to read up and comment on current threads, without moving through the forum section by section. Normally when I click the "New Posts" link, thread titles that I've already viewed in the returned list are in a normal non-bolded font while threads that have new posts in them that I haven't seen yet are bolded. After clicking "New Posts" several times, all the thread titles become bolded whether they have new posts in them that I haven't yet read or not. The only way I can fix this, and return the thread titles to normal behavior is to delete the "cu2fourm_view" cookie, and then either refresh the page or click "New Posts" again. Then after using the "New Posts" button several more times, all thread titles become bolded again.

I'm not sure who the vendor of this forum software is, but you might want to forward this up to them.

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13

I haven't tried to reproduce this error in another browser.

SarasotaRepub
04-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Greetings Admins, I have a bug to report with the forums. I use the "Remember Me" option to keep me logged in from my windows laptop. I also use the "New Posts" link often throughout the day to read up and comment on current threads, without moving through the forum section by section. Normally when I click the "New Posts" link, thread titles that I've already viewed in the returned list are in a normal non-bolded font while threads that have new posts in them that I haven't seen yet are bolded. After clicking "New Posts" several times, all the thread titles become bolded whether they have new posts in them that I haven't yet read or not. The only way I can fix this, and return the thread titles to normal behavior is to delete the "cu2fourm_view" cookie, and then either refresh the page or click "New Posts" again. Then after using the "New Posts" button several more times, all thread titles become bolded again.

I'm not sure who the vendor of this forum software is, but you might want to forward this up to them.

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13

I haven't tried to reproduce this error in another browser.

Thanks...I'll add this to my list.

fettpett
04-03-2011, 10:24 AM
I've had the same bug for a long time, but use Chrome 10.0.648.204

Kay
04-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Ditto, it does the same for me and I use Chrome.

marv
04-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Netscape 7.2 here. Read threads have never greyed for me, but I don't care.

BTW, I always start off with "New Posts".

fettpett
04-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Netscape 7.2 here. Read threads have never greyed for me, but I don't care.

BTW, I always start off with "New Posts".

netscape is still around??:eek::eek:

Articulate_Ape
04-03-2011, 06:01 PM
I use chrome, but don't have this problem. However, I clear my browsing history and cache often (but not cookies). I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

marv
04-04-2011, 07:51 AM
netscape is still around??:eek::eek:

I use Netscape (Java and Javascript turned off) for general browsing of boards, Amazon purchases, news sites, etc. But I use Firefox 3.6.15 for online banking, and I hardly ever use IE 7.0.

fettpett
04-04-2011, 08:09 AM
I use Netscape (Java and Javascript turned off) for general browsing of boards, Amazon purchases, news sites, etc. But I use Firefox 3.6.15 for online banking, and I hardly ever use IE 7.0.

IE 7? geeze...IE 8 has been around for 2 years...and IE 9 will be out this year (if it's not already)

and you know you can get the addon NoScripts for firefox and firefox doesn't come with java, you have to download it separately