PDA

View Full Version : Roger Ailes Doesn’t Care If You Say Beck Quit or Got Fired

The Night Owl
04-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Roger Ailes Doesn’t Care If You Say Beck Quit or Got Fired

4/6/11 at 6:35 PM

Fox News overlord Roger Ailes says he was ready for Glenn Beck, his fading star, to hit the road. "Half of the headlines say he's been canceled," he told the AP in an interview today. "The other half say he quit. We're pretty happy with both of them." Well then! Beck's contract was up in December, after all, and for the divorce to have been announced this early, apparently it didn't have a shot of getting renewed. "We felt Glenn brought additional information, a unique perspective, a certain amount of passion and insight to the channel and he did," Ailes added. "But that story of what's going on and why America is in trouble today, I think he told that story as well as could be told. Whether you can just keep telling that story or not ... we're not so sure."

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/04/roger_ailes_doesnt_care_if_you.html

Hahaha!

megimoo
04-07-2011, 01:14 PM

Hahaha!Soro's to Murdock to Ailes: Dump Beck or I sue News Corporation for liable !
After a few Beck shows it got very old very quick !

Novaheart
04-07-2011, 01:16 PM

Hahaha!

It couldn't have anything to do with Beck telling his listeners that they need to "pray on it" as to whether they should buy gold or not.

His radio show has turned into the Brigham Young meets Ernest Angely amateur hour.

The only thing worse than Beck on radio is Jay Sekulow's mentally defective son, Hugh Hewitt, and the guy who hosts Coast To Coast AM.

megimoo
04-07-2011, 01:23 PM
It couldn't have anything to do with Beck telling his listeners that they need to "pray on it" as to whether they should buy gold or not.

His radio show has turned into the Brigham Young meets Ernest Angely amateur hour.

The only thing worse than Beck on radio is Jay Sekulow's mentally defective son, Hugh Hewitt, and the guy who hosts Coast To Coast AM.It's a shame that your people are unable to gather a regular Radio audience to listen to their screed !

Novaheart
04-07-2011, 05:44 PM
It's a shame that your people are unable to gather a regular Radio audience to listen to their screed !

I hate liberal radio as well. But at least liberal radio keeps their crystal Sedona goddess incense types out of the political discussion. On liberal radio, the whackjobs have a whackjob hour apart from rational folks.

ralph wiggum
04-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Ralph Wiggum doesn't care whether Beck quit or got fired.

Adam Wood
04-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Ralph Wiggum doesn't care whether Beck quit or got fired.Neither does Bob Dole.

NOW what are you going to do, TNO? Shit, you've lost your whole purpose in life now.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2011, 05:57 PM
I think Beck's problem is he was veering more and more into conspiracy theorist territory, and he was becoming more and more controversial and divisive. Fox News wants the reputation of being a NEWS station; They don't want to be considered on the same level as Alex Jones. He may have been a loud, effective voice for his causes and for Fox, but he got a little full of himself and went a little too far--Much like Joe McCarthy did. When you start accusing pretty much everyone who disagrees with you of being anti-American or being a Communist or a Commie sympathizer or a radical, you've gone too far.

NJCardFan
04-07-2011, 08:06 PM
You guys do realize that he has some serious health issues most notably with his eyes, right? But that couldn't be the reason why he's leaving. Nooooo. :rolleyes:

However, if he is being cancelled due to some outside pressure, then shame on Fox for caving. This makes them cowards.

The Night Owl
04-07-2011, 08:12 PM

The only thing worse than Beck on radio is Jay Sekulow's mentally defective son, Hugh Hewitt, and the guy who hosts Coast To Coast AM.

Jay Sekulow and his son are pretty crazy but it's fun to listen to their program because their callers are even crazier than they are. I've noticed that the callers are sometimes so conspiratorial, menacing, or crazy that they have to be cut off in mid sentence.

Madisonian
04-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Jay Sekulow and his son are pretty crazy but it's fun to listen to their program because their callers are even crazier than they are. I've noticed that the callers are sometimes so conspiratorial, menacing, or crazy that they have to be cut off in mid sentence.

So wei, wilbur, shoe leather and yourself don't get on as much as you would like to, it take it?

The Night Owl
04-08-2011, 09:27 AM
http://gawker.com/#!5790093/jon-stewart-bids-adieu-to-glenn-beck

Zathras
04-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Yawn....boring. One trick troll is trolling.

fettpett
04-08-2011, 10:29 AM
http://gawker.com/#!5790093/jon-stewart-bids-adieu-to-glenn-beck

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1001/one-trick-pony-one-trick-pony-demotivational-poster-1262613733.jpg

txradioguy
04-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Of course Ailes doesn't care.

People are going to make up shit regardless of whether the truth is out there or not.

The Foul Owl is proof of that.

The fact of the matter is his contract was up at the end of the year.

He's still going to be in partnership with News Corp and still have programs and specials on FNC.

And Beck...Ailes and Murdoch will still make piles of money together..

noonwitch
04-08-2011, 02:18 PM

He's been getting pretty religious of late. I catch the show once in a while, usually on Fridays. Watching Beck is like watching 80s Detroit anchorman Bill Bonds-you never know what he is going to say next (although in Bonds' case it was due to the amount of alcohol he consumed before going on the air). I'm sure Beck's health, in particular his macular degeneration condition, is playing a part in his leaving television. But there is a lack of big advertisers for his show. It's all Gold sales and charity donations for elderly russian jews to receive passover meals. No McDonalds, Coke, Pepsi, Budweiser, WalMart, Target, etc.

I don't think George Soros has so much power that he can manipulate big companies like my examples into not advertising on a show that has high viewership. I suspect it has a lot more to do with company executives feeling they don't want people to think that their sponsorship means they endorse the viewpoints that Beck expresses.

Jay Sekulow got his start from Pat Robertson. CBN funded his ACLJ organization originally, to fight the ACLU.

SarasotaRepub
04-08-2011, 10:52 PM
CRAP!!!! Where am I going to buy Gold now???? :mad::D

MountainMan
04-09-2011, 01:22 AM
CRAP!!!! Where am I going to buy Gold now???? :mad::D

www.govmint.com or Northwest Territorial Mint (http://bullion.nwtmint.com/?gclid=CNn18K_YjqgCFRRigwodmmJPCQ)

Rockntractor
04-09-2011, 01:26 AM
www.govmint.com or Northwest Territorial Mint (http://bullion.nwtmint.com/?gclid=CNn18K_YjqgCFRRigwodmmJPCQ)

What do you need gold for, happy days are here again!

Odysseus
04-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Hey! Nightie's back! I was beginning to think that you were never going to come back and admit that you were wrong about the whole Van Jones thing. Here's the last post on the subject, from that other thread:

I can see we're getting nowhere. For the sake of argument, let's accept that the Atlantic Shores Christian School shooting is an example of a Columbine-style attack. I think it's a massive stretch to describe it as such but let's put that aside for now. How do we know that Van Jones knew about the 200 rounds of ammunition involved in the ASCS shooting when he made the claim that no black child has ever committed a Columbine-style attack? I checked out this claim of 200 rounds of ammunition (mostly because I don't trust you) and I can tell you there hasn't been much written about it, at least not in the mainstream press (unless you consider Mother Jones to be mainstream press). That doesn't mean the claim of 200 rounds isn't true but it does mean that Jones may not have known about it when he talked about school shootings. So, even if we accept that Jones was wrong to claim that no black child has ever committed a Columbine-style attack, that doesn't mean he's racist. It only means he's wrong.

You don't trust me? :rolleyes: Why is it that when Van Jones makes a sweeping statement about all white kids, you are prepared to contort yourself into various improbable shapes in order to deny that it is a racist sentiment, but when Glenn Beck makes a claim that Jones was a convicted felon, you assume nefarious motives?

And once again, you lie. There has been a great deal written about Elliott (over 90,000 hits on Google), although the most interesting thing is how often his race isn't mentioned in the articles. And after shooting two teachers, he continued to engage targets until he was tackled. From the Atlantic:

The Story of a Gun
By ERIK LARSON
On December 16, 1988, Nicholas Elliot, barely sixteen, walked into the Atlantic Shores Christian School, in Virginia Beach, Virginia, with a semi-automatic handgun hidden in his backpack. By midmorning a forty-one year-old teacher had been shot dead, and another teacher, struck by two nine-millimeter bullets, was extraordinarily lucky to be alive. Two other teachers narrowly escaped Nicholas Elliot's bullets.

If Jones didn't know about Elliott, then he is ignorant and makes sweeping statements about racial behaviors without knowledge of the facts. If I were to make the claim that no Jew ever committed a terrorist act, I'd Google it before I said something that could be proven false. Jones didn't know because he didn't want to know. In his mind, whites are violent, toxic racists. Any facts to the contrary would not have been of interest to him, just as they are not to you.

It's patently absurd to compare a massacre to an incident in which only 1 person was murdered. Moreover, you can't possibly know that Nicholas Elliott intended to commit mass murder. That's speculation on your part and if you were honest you'd admit that.
I am honest (far more than you), and I admit nothing of the sort. In fact, if you were honest, you'd admit that the presence of that much ammo demonstrates intent to shoot more than two people. Two hundred rounds of 9mm ammo weighs about 6-10 lbs, depending on how it's carried, but it's bulky and awkward, even if it's already in magazines. The cost for 200 rounds would be about $30-50 today, depending on type and manufacturer. So, you are claiming that a kid who planned to only shoot two people went to the trouble and expense to outfit himself with more than ten times as much ammo as his gun would hold in one clip, and then carry the extra weight and volume on his person with no intent to use it? Again, an honest man would admit that the kid clearly intended to do more than shoot two people, and that only the jamming of his gun prevented that (a fact that you have never mentioned once). Of course, an honest man would have admitted this long before now, so I know what I'm up against here.

Besides, it turns out that he had more than just ammunition:

http://articles.dailypress.com/1989-12-13/news/8912130120_1_mr-elliott-nicholas-elliott-portable-classroom
Teen Gets Life In Prison In Shooting
Student Was `Time Bomb That Went Off': Judge
December 13, 1989|By SEAN SOMERVILLE Staff Writer

As the Bible students prayed, cowering from their gun-wielding schoolmate, the semi-automatic pistol in Nicholas Elliott's hand misfired.

But for that misfire, the toll might have been higher in the shooting spree in which the teen-ager killed one teacher and wounded another a year ago at Atlantic Shores Christian School.

"There's no question in my mind that I would be presiding over a mass murderer," said Circuit Judge Alan E. Rosenblatt, as he sentenced Elliott to life plus 114 years in prison Tuesday.

"Mr. Elliott was a time bomb that went off," the judge said. "According to the court's opinion, he's a time bomb that could go off again."

Before he was sentenced, Elliott, 17, said in a barely audible voice, "I'm sorry for what I did."

"I'm sure you are, Mr. Elliott," replied Rosenblatt. "But it's too little, too late."

Elliott, who pleaded guilty to 14 charges in October as part of a plea agreement in which five other charges were dropped, will become eligible for parole when he is 32 - in 15 years.

In court Tuesday, the subdued Elliott stood in contrast to the teen-ager who thrashed in the back seat of a detective's car after his arrest on the morning of Dec. 16, 1988.

On that day, Elliott, who is black, brought a Cobray M-11 semi-automatic pistol to school, apparently intending to kill Jacob Snipes, a white student with whom Elliott had exchanged racial slurs.

A teacher, 41-year-old Karen Farley, apparently tried to stop him. He killed her and left her body lying in a portable classroom.

Elliott entered a second portable classroom, pulled his gun from his bag and shot 37-year-old Sam Marino.

"Now you," Elliott said to Susan Allen, another teacher in the classroom. She ran out the door and eluded Elliott by zigzagging through the school's courtyard.

Elliott shot Marino again as Marino hung from a doorknob outside the mobile classroom, then broke into a crowded Bible class, where he confronted Snipes. "Jake, I'm going to kill you," he said.

More than 40 students cowered and prayed in the back of the classroom.

Elliott's gun jammed. Hutch Matteson, a Bible studies teacher, rushed him. The gun went off as he tackled Elliott.

Three Molotov cocktails were found in Elliott's locker. The makings of a pipe bomb were in his bookbag.

Elliott was sentenced to life for murdering Farley and 20 years for wounding Marino.

He was also sentenced to:

* 30 years for attempting to kill Allen, Matteson and Snipes.

* 14 years for using a firearm in committing the crimes.

Molotov cocktails and a pipe bomb. You ready to concede that this was an intended mass murder and Columbine-style attack?

Check your dates, dude. The Virginia Tech massacre took place two years after Van Jones claimed that only white suburban kids commit Columbine-style massacres. I expect a full retraction on that front.

Fine. At that time, the VA Tech shooting had not yet happened and it would have had no bearing on Jones' comment. However, Nicholas Elliott's shooting spree had occurred long before then and was easily searchable. In fact, given that, in addition to his gun and ammunition, he had prepared Molotov cocktails and a pipe bomb, it can be said that Columbine was an Elliott-style rampage, albeit a more successful one.

Van Jones made a false statement, publicly, and never bothered to check to see if it were true, because if he had, he'd have retracted it. You excoriated Beck for taking four months to correct an error. Jones has never backtracked from his statement, and it's unlikely that no one has ever gotten in his face about it. Care to judge him by the same standard that you apply to Beck?

So, Nightie, are you going to admit that Jones made a false statement and that this shooter planned a mass murder, or will you disappear again? :rolleyes:

AmPat
04-11-2011, 10:56 AM
ODY, The long fruitless wait begins,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,???

Odysseus
04-11-2011, 12:23 PM
ODY, The long fruitless wait begins,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,???

Are you kidding? Every time I post something like this, he disappears for weeks. It's Owl repellant. :D

AmPat
04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Are you kidding? Every time I post something like this, he disappears for weeks. It's Owl repellant. :D

I've said before:
As garlic to a vampire, facts are to Liberals.