PDA

View Full Version : First Homosexual Caveman Found

megimoo
04-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Archaeologists have unearthed the 5,000-year-old remains of what they believe may have been the world's oldest known gay caveman.

The male body – said to date back to between 2900-2500BC – was discovered buried in a way normally reserved only for women of the Corded Ware culture in the Copper Age.

The skeleton was found in a Prague suburb in the Czech Republic with its head pointing eastwards and surrounded by domestic jugs, rituals only previously seen in female graves.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8433527/First-homosexual-caveman-found.html

Articulate_Ape
04-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Oh brother.:rolleyes:

Bailey
04-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Oh I thought they were going to say his rectum was five sizes to big or they found an urn up there or something :D

Gingersnap
04-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Great. Definitive proof that even 5,000 years ago men still couldn't keep their hands off female identity issues. :rolleyes:

megimoo
04-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Oh I thought they were going to say his rectum was five sizes to big or they found an urn up there or something :DThey used Dinosaur leg bone .

Bailey
04-07-2011, 02:25 PM
They used Dinosaur leg bone .

Ya but what did they use for lube? :eek::eek: Gave a whole new meaning to the word fisting.

marv
04-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Hmmm, questionable research and reporting; the Corded Ware culture were hardly "cavemen"!

But then, what else could be expected of the "reporting" culture or the from the caves of the "higher learning" culture.

megimoo
04-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Oh I thought they were going to say his rectum was five sizes to big or they found an urn up there or something :DEarliest Castro St. San Francisco cave men ?

megimoo
04-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Archaeologists have unearthed the 5,000-year-old remains of what they believe may have been the world's oldest known gay caveman.

The male body said to date back to between 2900-2500BC was discovered buried in a way normally reserved only for women of the Corded Ware culture in the Copper Age.

The skeleton was found in a Prague suburb in the Czech Republic with its head pointing eastwards and surrounded by domestic jugs, rituals only previously seen in female graves.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8433527/First-homosexual-caveman-found.htmlSounds like he was an early bootlegger with all of those domestic jugs,he specialized in Fermented TRex milk ?

Articulate_Ape
04-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Dinosaurs were mammals? Who knew?

Rockntractor
04-07-2011, 09:48 PM
They hired out to decorate caves.

Novaheart
04-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Oh I thought they were going to say his rectum was five sizes to big or they found an urn up there or something :D

I can't figure out if you are ignorant on the subject, or simply doing it terribly wrong.

Rockntractor
04-07-2011, 09:58 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/Greens-Hus/laughing-dog.gif

MountainMan
04-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I can't figure out if you are ignorant on the subject, or simply doing it terribly wrong.

That is funny..... :D

Rockntractor
04-07-2011, 10:37 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/weird-12.jpg

Rockntractor
04-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Okay butt seriously!
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/2cy2u80.jpg

NJCardFan
04-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Okay butt seriously!
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/2cy2u80.jpg

The Neanderthals were gay? No wonder they got wiped out.

Novaheart
04-07-2011, 11:18 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Niankh.jpg

4500 years ago

Gingersnap
04-07-2011, 11:25 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Niankh.jpg

4500 years ago

What's the context? I know guys were banging each other from the get-go but often it was a dominance/status thing (Greeks, Romans, shamans, male whores), not a romantic/life companion thing.

Rockntractor
04-07-2011, 11:27 PM
What's the context? I know guys were banging each other from the get-go but often it was a dominance/status thing (Greeks, Romans, shamans, male whores), not a romantic/life companion thing.

I think they were just sharing gum.

Gingersnap
04-07-2011, 11:34 PM

He posted it, he must know the context. I'd like to know.

There are plenty of cultures where heterosexual men and women hold hands and share personal space in a ways that we would find unusual. The complete opposite is also normal in some cultures. Swedes, for instance, have a personal no-go zone about a foot larger than average Americans. I'm just asking the context - my knowledge of Egyptian art conventions is limited.

On edit - I do know that slaves, unimportant women, children and the middle classes were depicted as smaller and that men were depicted as darker and women depicted as much lighter. That's it, though.

Novaheart
04-07-2011, 11:37 PM

From wiki :

Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum were ancient Egyptian royal servants. They shared the title of Overseer of the Manicurists in the Palace of King Niuserre during the Fifth Dynasty of Egyptian pharaohs, circa 2400 BCE, and are listed as "royal confidants" in their joint tomb.[1]

Mostly the point was that 5000 years ago, we're not talking about Neanderthals or cavemen. Modern people from Scotland to Canton were living in houses by then.

Gingersnap
04-07-2011, 11:44 PM
From wiki :

Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum were ancient Egyptian royal servants. They shared the title of Overseer of the Manicurists in the Palace of King Niuserre during the Fifth Dynasty of Egyptian pharaohs, circa 2400 BCE, and are listed as "royal confidants" in their joint tomb.[1]

Mostly the point was that 5000 years ago, we're not talking about Neanderthals or cavemen. Modern people from Scotland to Canton were living in houses by then.

So not a homosexual reference at all, really.

Novaheart
04-08-2011, 12:08 AM
So not a homosexual reference at all, really.

I think it is, but there are undoubtedly people who would go to great lengths to say that it isn't. Look at all the denial around Alexander, Hadrian, King James, and others. Liberal academia is a relative modern concept, it's actually a wonder that history hasn't been completely purged of gay people. Which is why gay people support gay people being included in history to the degree that there is sound information.

What can be said of those two Egyptian men is that they were not brothers, they appear to be a couple. They also have female spouses which in the context of the times doesn't mean much, and in our own time is considered an obligation to men of certain rank or perception of duty. Then again, in our own time some men simply have huge egos and like being sneaky.

Articulate_Ape
04-08-2011, 12:20 AM
I would just like to say that I knew the first gay caveman. The first gay caveman was a friend of mine. His gaiety was due to his delight at having made a clay pot that, when baked in the fire, could contain fermented beverages without turning into mud like all of the other cups he'd tried. I still remember him donning his gay apparel to celebrate the winter solstice just before that asteroid hit. But I digress...

If this bony bitch they found doesn't give me my yellow Saturday skin scarf back tout de suite, there is no way I am letting him try to fruitlessly to light my fire with his silly "Oh, I've been dead to you for years" garbage. No way. I mean, come on.

megimoo
04-08-2011, 04:25 AM
More likely swapping spit !

Rebel Yell
04-08-2011, 08:46 AM
They shared the title of Overseer of the Manicurists

Dude, seriously, you're not helping your cause there.;)

Gingersnap
04-08-2011, 10:19 AM
I think it is, but there are undoubtedly people who would go to great lengths to say that it isn't. Look at all the denial around Alexander, Hadrian, King James, and others. Liberal academia is a relative modern concept, it's actually a wonder that history hasn't been completely purged of gay people. Which is why gay people support gay people being included in history to the degree that there is sound information.

What can be said of those two Egyptian men is that they were not brothers, they appear to be a couple. They also have female spouses which in the context of the times doesn't mean much, and in our own time is considered an obligation to men of certain rank or perception of duty. Then again, in our own time some men simply have huge egos and like being sneaky.

I'm not a huge fan of the gayness-as-immutable-force club. Certainly a lot of men engaged in homosexual behavior in the ancient world but they just as easily had sex with women and sex with whores of various types. Some men only had same-sex relations with boys between 9 and 15 or so and spent the rest of their sexual interest on grown women. Some men had same-sex relations at a certain point in their life and then left that expression behind as they moved into another life stage. For what it's worth, the Bible considers homosexuality to be just another sexual sin, not a personal identity.

I often think about what a completely wrong view some future anthropologists might get about us if they had to rely on the contents of our bedrooms or garages for their information. ;)

Novaheart
04-08-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the gayness-as-immutable-force club. Certainly a lot of men engaged in homosexual behavior in the ancient world but they just as easily had sex with women and sex with whores of various types. Some men only had same-sex relations with boys between 9 and 15 or so and spent the rest of their sexual interest on grown women.

Perhaps, but I have seen no special evidence of it. Modern people tend to be a little selective in how they portray the ancients depending upon the POV they would like to endorse or the case they would like to make.

In the case of Hadrian and Antinous, Hadrian had an arranged marriage to Sabrina when he was 24 and she was 13. His romance with Antinous began twenty years later when he was 44 and Antinous was somewhere between 13 and 15. if Antinous was indeed 20 when he died, then he was 15 when he and Hadrian began to travel together.

Sabrina was young by Roman standards. Romans married late, which may or may not explain the late marriage habits of some other cultures later on. More accurately, Roman ARISTOCRATS married late. Delaying marriage is a luxury of healthy and wealthy people. Roman peasants would marry shortly after sexual maturity.

megimoo
04-08-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the gayness-as-immutable-force club. Certainly a lot of men engaged in homosexual behavior in the ancient world but they just as easily had sex with women and sex with whores of various types. Some men only had same-sex relations with boys between 9 and 15 or so and spent the rest of their sexual interest on grown women. Some men had same-sex relations at a certain point in their life and then left that expression behind as they moved into another life stage. For what it's worth, the Bible considers homosexuality to be just another sexual sin, not a personal identity.

I often think about what a completely wrong view some future anthropologists might get about us if they had to rely on the contents of our bedrooms or garages for their information. ;)We left no signs as did Pompeii's Lupanare .

Odysseus
04-10-2011, 02:53 PM

The male body said to date back to between 2900-2500BC was discovered buried in a way normally reserved only for women of the Corded Ware culture in the Copper Age.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8433527/First-homosexual-caveman-found.html
He was known as Og, the Fabulous. His cave was decorated in Jurassic Modern, with just a few ironic touches of Precambrian artifacts. He was also known for his excellent taste in musical theater and wrote rave reviews of some of the first public displays of the thespian arts, some of which have survived on fossilized clay tables. :D

From wiki :

Manicurists? ROFLOL! You couldn't make up a more stereotypical gay occupation if you tried.
[QUOTE=Novaheart;396264Mostly the point was that 5000 years ago, we're not talking about Neanderthals or cavemen. Modern people from Scotland to Canton were living in houses by then. [/QUOTE]

Or, in their case, condos with superb interior design.

Novaheart
04-10-2011, 03:40 PM
He was known as Og, the Fabulous. H

http://heardhimsay.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/geico-caveman-relaxing2.jpg

AmPat
04-10-2011, 04:03 PM
I bet he looked fabulous in furs.

Odysseus
04-10-2011, 05:12 PM
http://heardhimsay.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/geico-caveman-relaxing2.jpg
You've discovered the first bathhouse!

I bet he looked fabulous in furs.