PDA

View Full Version : Hard wired to kill each other

Phillygirl
04-07-2011, 04:40 PM
I was speaking to a colleague last night who is from Afghanistan. She and her parents fled the country on the eve of the Soviet invasion. We were speaking about my friend who has been there for almost 6 years now. Asking about what my friend's thoughts of the Afghan people were, she asked "Does she realize yet that they are hard wired to kill each other?"

It was a fairly chilling recognition, to me.

lacarnut
04-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Not news to me. The tribes have been at war with each other for many, many years. That is why we need to get the hell out of the M.E. Meddling in their affairs will only make them dislike/hate us more. Winning the hearts and minds of them is an impossibility in my opinion.

Phillygirl
04-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Not news to me. The tribes have been at war with each other for many, many years. That is why we need to get the hell out of the M.E. Meddling in their affairs will only make them dislike/hate us more. Winning the hearts and minds of them is an impossibility in my opinion.

Not news to me, either. The messenger surprised me, however.

JB
04-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Really? Because in another thread right now weewee thinks the place was a paradise until the big bad Americans destroyed the place.

fettpett
04-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Really? Because in another thread right now weewee thinks the place was a paradise until the big bad Americans destroyed the place.

surprise surprise:rolleyes:

Starbuck
04-07-2011, 08:48 PM
........ She and her parents fled the country on the eve of the Soviet invasion. We were speaking about my friend who has been there for almost 6 years now. Asking about what my friend's thoughts of the Afghan people were, she asked "Does she realize yet that they are hard wired to kill each other?........
That means she and her parents have been here since 78 or so. So she speaks as an American, I would think. Doesn't mean she is wrong, but maybe her perspective is not that of an Afghani.

Articulate_Ape
04-07-2011, 08:56 PM
I think we should pull out of Afghanistan and then drop maybe 50 plane loads of burning Qur'ans on them. That way they can practice their peaceful religion with extreme prejudice and murder everyone in sight, namely themselves. Savages.