PDA

View Full Version : Immigrants Use Welfare System More Than Natives

NJCardFan
04-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Saw this on O'Reilly tonight and thought it interesting. Of course the left will claim xenophobia but facts are facts:

A day after a "civil justice" group asked why Florida needed new immigration laws, a Washington think tank offered a dollars-and-cents answer.

The Center for Immigration Studies on Tuesday reported that U.S. immigrants -- legal and illegal -- use welfare programs at a higher rate than the native population.

While conventional wisdom contends that immigrants cross the border to work, 57 percent of households headed by immigrants collect at least one welfare check, compared to 39 percent for native households.

Researchers say those findings explain in part why Food Stamp recipients are at an all-time high of 44 million.

Not all immigrants behave the same, however. Households with children with the highest rates of welfare use are headed by migrants from the Dominican Republic (82 percent), Mexico and Guatemala (75 percent), and Ecuador (70 percent). Link (http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/story/report-immigrants-use-welfare-system-more-natives)

NJCardFan
04-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Wow, there's a shocker. The vast majority of immigrants on welfare programs are from depressed Latin American countries. And who are the majority of illegal aliens? People from depressed Latin American countries. Nice knowing where most of the over $900 in deductions every frigging paycheck I get goes.

Gingersnap
04-07-2011, 11:06 PM
There's a reason why countries formed by a Reformed view of Christianity have a better track record on human rights, government corruption, and financial prudence. I'm not bashing the RCC but it's telling that their bastions of power are in countries that have severe problems with government.

No offense meant to Roman Catholics here. I'm a nose-bleed High Anglican my own self.

fettpett
04-08-2011, 12:56 AM
No offense meant to Roman Catholics here. I'm a nose-bleed High Anglican my own self.

whats the difference? :p the Catholic Church is accepting the Church of England back en mass :D