PDA

View Full Version : What Budget Crisis? Obama's Head Out Of Town

txradioguy
04-08-2011, 03:41 PM
The leader of the free world may be coming to Williamsburg for some rest and relaxation if Congress is able to come to agreement on the budget. President Obama and the First Family are planning to visit the area this weekend in what the White House described Wednesday as a "long-planned family trip to Colonial Williamsburg."

But the trip might get grounded if a government shutdown can't be averted by Republicans and Democrats in Congress.

On Thursday morning, the Federal Aviation Administration established a no-fly zone over Williamsburg that will be in place from Friday through Monday. Jessica Wharton, spokeswoman for the Newport News-Williamsburg International Airport, said the no-fly zone will not affect the arrival and departure times at the airport for this weekend.

The announcement that Obama was coming generated excitement from Williamsburg Mayor Clyde Haulman. "I think it's terrific. Williamsburg was voted as the number one family destination," Haulman said. "The first family is coming to the first destination."

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-williamsburg-mayor-president-obama-coming-to-visit-this-weekend-20110406,0,6881733.story

linda22003
04-08-2011, 03:53 PM
I'd heard on the radio this morning that it was canceled, and that's what the papers on Google are reporting as well. You're way behind.

Madisonian
04-08-2011, 03:57 PM
The leader of the free world may be coming to Williamsburg for some rest and relaxation if Congress is able to come to agreement on the budget. President Obama and the First Family are planning to visit the area this weekend in what the White House described Wednesday as a "long-planned family trip to Colonial Williamsburg."

But the trip might get grounded if a government shutdown can't be averted by Republicans and Democrats in Congress.

On Thursday morning, the Federal Aviation Administration established a no-fly zone over Williamsburg that will be in place from Friday through Monday. Jessica Wharton, spokeswoman for the Newport News-Williamsburg International Airport, said the no-fly zone will not affect the arrival and departure times at the airport for this weekend.

The announcement that Obama was coming generated excitement from Williamsburg Mayor Clyde Haulman. "I think it's terrific. Williamsburg was voted as the number one family destination," Haulman said. "The first family is coming to the first destination."

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-williamsburg-mayor-president-obama-coming-to-visit-this-weekend-20110406,0,6881733.story

Are they going to get the UN to sanction bombing Virginia by NATO forces as a first step in enforcement of the no-fly zone?

lacarnut
04-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Obama having to cancel his trip just breaks my pea picking heart. Just think, he might have to actually do some work while planning his next trip/vacation.:eek:

Zafod
04-08-2011, 05:55 PM
I'd heard on the radio this morning that it was canceled, and that's what the papers on Google are reporting as well. You're way behind.

yeah way behind :rolleyes:

lamers

txradioguy
04-09-2011, 06:00 AM

No not really. :rolleyes:

But thanks for being a horses ass anyway.

linda22003
04-09-2011, 08:43 AM
No not really. :rolleyes:

But thanks for being a horses ass anyway.

You posted a story that was outdated and incorrect; how does that make ME the horse's ass? Look back over your shoulder into a mirror. :p

txradioguy
04-09-2011, 08:56 AM
You posted a story that was outdated and incorrect;

Then by all means...post a link.

All you've got going for you is your lame snark right now.

how does that make ME the horse's ass? Look back over your shoulder into a mirror. :p

Funny...when I do that all I see is you.

Zafod
04-09-2011, 10:18 AM
You posted a story that was outdated and incorrect; how does that make ME the horse's ass? Look back over your shoulder into a mirror. :p

Retarded....

linda22003
04-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Then by all means...post a link.

All you've got going for you is your lame snark right now.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you didn't know how to use Google. I'll help. As I said, I heard it on the radio (CSPAN) on my way to work (around 7.30 am Friday), and this story is one from Google well before your post.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/dp-nws-obama-visit-cancelled-20110408,1,5664931.story

Happy to be able to help those who aren't comfortable with computers yet. :p

lacarnut
04-09-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you didn't know how to use Google. I'll help. As I said, I heard it on the radio (CSPAN) on my way to work (around 7.30 am Friday), and this story is one from Google well before your post.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/dp-nws-obama-visit-cancelled-20110408,1,5664931.story

Happy to be able to help those who aren't comfortable with computers yet. :p

You are making a mountain out of a molehill. Your snobbish elitism is showing.

txradioguy
04-10-2011, 01:52 AM
You are making a mountain out of a molehill. Your snobbish elitism is showing.

Par for the course for the NOVA snob.

Too smart for her own good but not smart enough to understand the time difference between Afghanistan and D.C.

:rolleyes:

ETA: I DID use Google right before I told the NOVA bitch to provide a link. Nothing came up on a search of Obama's cancel Williamsburg trip. I also did a re-check under long planned family vacation.

Nada.