PDA

View Full Version : Presidential dream: long walk in the park

Odysseus
04-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Monday, April 11, 2011 09:36 AM
By Richard S. Dunham

HOUSTON CHRONICLE
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/national_world/stories/2011/04/09/presidential-dream-long-walk-in-the-park.html?sid=101

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama wants you to know that he is not a golf addict.

He spends so much time unwinding on the links because security restrictions mean he can't go out for long walks or go to the carwash or the grocery store.

The president's comments came during a session with editors and publishers from Hearst Magazines in which he described life behind the scenes in the White House.

The president said he loves his life in the White House but doesn't enjoy some of the ways of Washington, such as the "kabuki dance" among political partisans before serious policy discussions begin. He also regrets his loss of personal privacy.

"I just miss - I miss being anonymous," he said at the meeting in the White House. "I miss Saturday morning, rolling out of bed, not shaving, getting into my car with my girls, driving to the supermarket, squeezing the fruit, getting my car washed, taking walks. I can't take a walk."

He says he enjoys golf but is not the fanatic that some have portrayed.

"It's the only excuse I have to get outside for four hours at a stretch," he said.

His impossible dream: "I just want to go through Central Park (in New York) and watch folks passing by ... spend the day watching people. I miss that."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wIHBxS_Oxk4/TaIkU1ARA9I/AAAAAAAAC1E/HNg-42Ot0hI/s640/Barack%2BOGarbo.jpg

http://pulpfactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Demotivational-Sad-Cat.jpg

Arroyo_Doble
04-11-2011, 12:53 PM
So, he isn't an inhuman automaton after all.

I lost the bet.

lacarnut
04-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Poor baby. Him want a sucker.

Madisonian
04-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Poor baby. Him want a sucker.

He gots millions of them, They usually called voters.

CueSi
04-11-2011, 02:29 PM
I said this in another thread but....

That's it. We need a voodoo priest, Bruce Campbell, some candles and a flight to California.

We're ressurecting Reagan. I can't deal with this ish and f*ckery.

~QC

Adam Wood
04-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Remember, everyone: Presidentin' is hard work! It was just dandy to deride Bush with that mantra, but now, suddenly, Obama gets to play golf four times a week and that's OK because that's the only way he can get outside. He doesn't get to be anonymous any more.

:rolleyes:

AmPat
04-11-2011, 02:41 PM
He gets his wish once a week or more on the golf course. He is a lying bag of $____!
Since when has this narcissistic pile of crap ever spent time "sitting in the park watching the people?":rolleyes:

Can this sorry excuse for a person go one day without telling a massive windy?:mad:

KhrushchevsShoe
04-11-2011, 03:01 PM
He probably shouldn't have said that but like Arroyo said at least it shows he has some humanity in him.

AmPat
04-11-2011, 03:05 PM
He probably shouldn't have said that but like Arroyo said at least it shows he has some humanity in him.

Probably?:rolleyes:
This Imbecile-In-Chief says things like this every time he opens his sewer. Have you gotten a "tune up" on your car yet? He is a clueless idiot completely out of touch with All Americans. Yes, all. He knows nothing about the real world. If he did, he wouldn't make stiupid gaffs in every speech.

Odysseus
04-11-2011, 03:11 PM
So, he isn't an inhuman automaton after all.

No one ever said that he was. Automaton's are disciplined, productive and focused. Nobody ever claimed that Obama had any of those qualities, except his backers, and you've been repeatedly proven wrong on that account.

I lost the bet.
No, America did.

Why? Because a man who has spent his entire life doing nothing but running for office (and I do mean nothing, including the requirements of the offices that he has filled while waiting for the next election) is whining about how hard it is? How pathetic is this? Do you remember Bush 43, Bush 41 or Reagan whining about how tough the job was? For that matter, even Carter and Clinton knew better than that. The empty suit demonstrates, yet again, just how little he brings to the fight.

KhrushchevsShoe
04-11-2011, 03:11 PM
I think trying to articulate the stresses with having a 24/7 security detail that is full of men who can kill anyone just by giving them a mean look does come off as someone explaining how hard it is to stay connected to the everyday American. You cannot live or relate to regular people as the president no matter how hard you try.

Now, do I think that's the primary reason why Obama hasn't done well as president? No, he's basically our run of the mill shit-president that we've been getting since JFK, but I think this at least plays a part. Its easy to screw over people whose existence you are purposefully sheltered from.

AmPat
04-11-2011, 03:29 PM
I think trying to articulate the stresses with having a 24/7 security detail that is full of men who can kill anyone just by giving them a mean look does come off as someone explaining how hard it is to stay connected to the everyday American. You cannot live or relate to regular people as the president no matter how hard you try.

Now, do I think that's the primary reason why Obama hasn't done well as president? No, he's basically our run of the mill shit-president that we've been getting since JFK, but I think this at least plays a part. Its easy to screw over people whose existence you are purposefully sheltered from.

Nice try but wrong. O Blah Blah was disconnected from the word Chicago. He never had a real immersion in what average Americans do to make a living. His world is academia, and a diseased, skewed academia at that. He was immersed in leftist ideology and philosophical dream worlds that have no pragmatic, realistic application to life. I'm speaking of Dopey-Changey before he became the worst president in American history.

KhrushchevsShoe
04-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Its really an accomplishment how the republican party got the most ignorant hunk of their voting block to absolutely despise higher education.

CueSi
04-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Its really an accomplishment how the republican party got the most ignorant hunk of their voting block to absolutely despise higher education.

I don't think anyone here has said that they despise higher education. What we hate is the lack of IDEOLOGICAL DIVERSITY in higher education. The fact that Colleges are dominated by liberals -- this is documented. And it's not just the republican party ,either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_m0uhToV94

College has been shown to be giving people less bang for their buck for some time now. And between the lack of ideological diversity and not giving students what is needed for the amount of money spent, there's plenty to look askance at.

~QC

lacarnut
04-11-2011, 04:58 PM

What is more astonishing is how many fools voted for Obama. The Dept of Education will be abolished under a new Repub administration because they have done a lousy, pathetic, miserable, cost ineffectiveness job of educating kids.

BTW, if you are talking about taking the unions down a notch or two, teachers and others should be grateful and be thanking the Repubs because without cuts they may not have a retirement check or world beater health insurance in the future.

Odysseus
04-11-2011, 05:10 PM
What's an accomplishment is how the left made higher education despicable.

ROFLOL!!! You think that Obama is stressed by having Secret Service protection? Somehow, that never bothered any other President, but Obama is just too sensitive to be surrounded by those brutes? Please. If he can put up with Michelle (whose gaze has been known to turn men to stone), then the Secret Service is a walk in the park, or would be, if our poor widdle pwesident could walk in the park...

Obama has never related to regular people. He's an elitist lefty who has never associated with regular people unless he's had to, for the purposes of convincing them to vote for him.

Especially if your entire upbringing involved being indoctrinated to see those people as evil capitalists, racists or whatever other -ists the left pounded into him during the two-minute hate.

Arroyo_Doble
04-11-2011, 05:33 PM
What's an accomplishment is how the left made higher education despicable.

ROFLOL!!! You think that Obama is stressed by having Secret Service protection? Somehow, that never bothered any other President, but Obama is just too sensitive to be surrounded by those brutes? Please. If he can put up with Michelle (whose gaze has been known to turn men to stone), then the Secret Service is a walk in the park, or would be, if our poor widdle pwesident could walk in the park...

Obama has never related to regular people. He's an elitist lefty who has never associated with regular people unless he's had to, for the purposes of convincing them to vote for him.

Especially if your entire upbringing involved being indoctrinated to see those people as evil capitalists, racists or whatever other -ists the left pounded into him during the two-minute hate.

That shows such a lack of self-awareness to be down right hilarious.

eagleexpress
04-11-2011, 05:34 PM
It has to be hard work I mean jet lag coming back from one vacation to another is hard work don't you know;)

CueSi
04-11-2011, 06:28 PM

I dunna... based on what I've seen much of the left do to some, I think he's pretty f'n self aware. I'd try to see things like you, AD, but I can't fit into skinny jeans so tights that my ovaries cry for mercy. :p

~QC

Starbuck
04-11-2011, 06:35 PM
I smell a burn out coming.:(

I had one years ago when I was about 30. And Obama is showing the symptoms. He never had a job where performance was measured the way it is now. He used to just bumble through life voting "present" and hearing all about what a great orator he was, and what a great future he had. No more. Now, he has to perform. And he can't.:confused:

Zathras
04-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Hell I'd never thought I'd say this but I agree with the Obumbler. I wish he was able to do all those things that he misses. That way he wouldn't be President and fuck up the country the way he has, making us the laughing stock of the world.

Oh, and KS? If you're going to quote someone use the entire quote and not just 75% of it you ignorant fucktard.

KhrushchevsShoe
04-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Hell I'd never thought I'd say this but I agree with the Obumbler. I wish he was able to do all those things that he misses. That way we wouldn't be President and fuck up the country the way he has, making us the laughing stock of the world.

Oh, and KS? If you're going to quote someone use the entire quote and not just 75% of it you ignorant fucktard.

I think that quote really captures your essence though Zathras. Just embrace it.

Zathras
04-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I think that quote really captures your essence though Zathras. Just embrace it.

FOAD you waste of skin...fix it or remove it bitch.

Here's the entire quote DUmbass....

Bullshit you're pro-life. The polititians you support says otherwise. You are pro-abortion. Anything you say to the contrary is a fucking lie.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=396834&postcount=53

KhrushchevsShoe
04-11-2011, 07:54 PM
That little part just dillutes the point though Zathras! Come on, have a laugh.

Zathras
04-11-2011, 08:01 PM

Dilutes the point that DUmbass128 is a lying hypocrit??? Boy, you really are a humorless fucktard, aren't you. If that was an attempt at humor then never has there been such an epic fail in the history of comedy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/demotivational-poster-lion-facepaw.jpg

txradioguy
04-12-2011, 01:03 AM

Leaving out that little part just serves to highlight what a dishonest fucktard you truly are.

CueSi
04-12-2011, 05:05 AM

The only people who really see this are people who will instead use it to decide what kind of douchenozzle you are, not what kind of person Zathras is.

~QC

namvet
04-12-2011, 09:07 AM
"I just miss - I miss being anonymous,"

just hang on. we'll fix this in 012

nightflight
04-12-2011, 11:13 AM

He is incompetent at best. This is the guy who turned over a press conference to Bill Clinton to attend a party. Really.

Arroyo_Doble
04-12-2011, 11:29 AM
He is incompetent at best. This is the guy who turned over a press conference to Bill Clinton to attend a party. Really.

You guys get your panties twisted about the strangest things.

Right now, or very soon, there will be a massive debate over raising the debt ceiling. There are grumblings about end-of-the-world and irresponsibility from the Adminstration and its defenders. Yet Obama his ownself while a senator in 2006 voted against raising the debt ceiling and called the necessity of doing so a failure of leadership.

If you are going to point to something at least find something that actually matters.

namvet
04-12-2011, 11:30 AM

Right now, or very soon, there will be a massive debate over raising the debt ceiling. There are grumblings about end-of-the-world and irresponsibility from the Adminstration and its defenders. Yet Obama his ownself while a senator in 2006 voted against raising the debt ceiling and called the necessity of doing so a failure of leadership.

If you are going to point to something at least find something that actually matters.

when was the last time he balanced a budget????

namvet
04-12-2011, 11:33 AM
aiGg8D4hFLc

Odysseus
04-12-2011, 11:34 AM
I was going to comment, but I can't beat CueSi's.

I dunna... based on what I've seen much of the left do to some, I think he's pretty f'n self aware. I'd try to see things like you, AD, but I can't fit into skinny jeans so tights that my ovaries cry for mercy. :p

~QC
ROFLOL!!! I'm sure that Arroyo's ovaries fit quite nicely into his jeans. :D

If anyone else here deleted a significant part of a quote from one of the liberal posters, you'd be the first to accuse them of taking it out of conquest.

"I just miss - I miss being anonymous,"

just hang on. we'll fix this in 012
He won't be anonymous then, he'll be infamous.

Wasn't that just amazing? "Can't be bothered to even fake doing my job, so here's the last Democratic president could fake it. Bill, I'll catch you later. Don't touch the interns while I'm gone."

Arroyo_Doble
04-12-2011, 12:16 PM
I was going to comment, but I can't beat CueSi's.

*shrug*

Look around. The Two Minutes Hate is alive and well.

CueSi
04-12-2011, 12:41 PM
*shrug*

Look around. The Two Minutes Hate is alive and well.

That may be true, but don't act like one side is innocent of this... cause....

http://www.kcmeesha.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/in_living_color_homey_the_clown_dont_play_dat-t-link.jpg

~QC

Arroyo_Doble
04-12-2011, 12:59 PM
That may be true, but don't act like one side is innocent of this... cause....

http://www.kcmeesha.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/in_living_color_homey_the_clown_dont_play_dat-t-link.jpg

~QC

I didn't say it was.

But I am aware of that.

lacarnut
04-12-2011, 03:47 PM

There are just so many things to pick and choose from. The array of his incompetence is staggering.