PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds found guilty of obstruction

ralph wiggum
04-13-2011, 05:41 PM
http://blog.prorumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/barry_bonds.jpg

The jury in the Barry Bonds convicted the seven-time MVP guilty of obstruction of justice, but the defense and prosecution agreed to a mistrial on the other three remaining counts. The judge, after speaking to the jury foreman, said she believes the mistrail is wise given that the jury believes it has done all it's can.

The jury is being brought back into the courtroom to read the verdict on the one count on which it agreed. The eight women and four men are returning the verdict after four days of deliberations. The jury has worked behind closed doors since rehearing some testimony early Monday.

Bonds is charged with three counts of lying to a grand jury in 2003 and one count of obstruction. Prosecutors allege that Bonds lied when he denied knowingly taking steroids and human growth hormone. A third count of making a false statement charges that Bonds lied when he said no one other than his doctor ever injected him with anything. The fourth count is obstruction of justice, which alleges that MLB's all-time home runs leader hindered the grand jury's sports doping investigation by lying.

Bonds' case is the culmination of a federal investigation that began in 2002 into the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, which distributed performance-enhancing drugs to athletes.

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6347014)

lacarnut
04-13-2011, 06:14 PM
This is just such a big waste of money and manpower to convict a baseball player of lying. Who cares. He is in all probability going to jail for a couple of years. Why the hell did Clinton beat a prison rap. If we arrested all the politicians in DC for lying, you would have very few left. Seems like the Justice Dept is f.....up.

Bubba Dawg
04-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Shame too. He was such a nice guy....:rolleyes:

NJCardFan
04-13-2011, 08:36 PM
As much as I hate Bonds, this was a complete waste of taxpayer money. Exactly why was congress involved in the first place? And where does it end? Do they investigate spitballs next? Corked bats? Stealing signs? Stupid. They'll convict this guy but let a child molester walk in a few years.

Bubba Dawg
04-13-2011, 08:39 PM
As much as I hate Bonds, this was a complete waste of taxpayer money. Exactly why was congress involved in the first place? And where does it end? Do they investigate spitballs next? Corked bats? Stealing signs? Stupid. They'll convict this guy but let a child molester walk in a few years.

You got that right. When I see congress wasting time on questioning athletes it makes me think of all the things they should be doing and arent.

Novaheart
04-13-2011, 08:42 PM
This is just such a big waste of money and manpower to convict a baseball player of lying. Who cares. He is in all probability going to jail for a couple of years. Why the hell did Clinton beat a prison rap. If we arrested all the politicians in DC for lying, you would have very few left. Seems like the Justice Dept is f.....up.

bolded, agreed

Arroyo_Doble
04-14-2011, 09:00 AM
I am a baseball fan. I can stomach other sports but actually like baseball.

Nail this fucker to the wall.

ralph wiggum
04-14-2011, 09:16 AM

Why him and not all the others? What about the players in the 60's & 70's who have admitted popping amphetamines like sunflower seeds? Or the cocaine abusers from the 70's & 80's? Where does one draw the line?

Arroyo_Doble
04-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Why him and not all the others? What about the players in the 60's & 70's who have admitted popping amphetamines like sunflower seeds? Or the cocaine abusers from the 70's & 80's? Where does one draw the line?

On the other side of Barry Bonds.

AmPat
04-14-2011, 09:42 AM
On the other side of Barry Bonds.

Heh.:D

SaintLouieWoman
04-14-2011, 10:00 AM

You and I don't agree on much, but on this we are in total agreement.

Bonds and McGwire and the others who have stained baseball get me sick. I compare them to some of the old greats, like Stan the Man Musial. I feel disconnected here in Florida as I don't keep up with my favorite team, the STL Cards.

Yesterday there was an article in the Sarasota paper about Stan. I'll try to find the link and post it in the sports section later. The great old man (90 years old now) has Alzheimers but still goes to his office every day and signs autographs. He readily signs balls, programs, etc without charging the fans. I've met him twice. He is someone for the kids and adults to look up to. He represents the good old days, before twats like Bonds and McGwire spoiled it for the fans.

Zafod
04-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Shame too. He was such a nice guy....:rolleyes:

hahahahahahaha yeah thats what I was thinking. lol

that guy is such a prick