PDA

View Full Version : Why Did Obama DOJ Prosecute Anti-Communist CIA Agent?

megimoo
04-13-2011, 05:54 PM
With a military officer from a terrorist-sponsoring nation and a washed out journalist as key witnesses, the Obama Justice Department has suffered an embarrassing defeat after dedicating infinite resources to prosecute an elderly CIA operative who fought communism.

The 83-year-old, Luis Posada Carriles, once worked to destabilize communist governments throughout Latin America and the Obama Administration was determined to convict him for something. So the Justice Department mounted quite a performance during a 13-week trial in El Paso Texas, flying in a lieutenant colonel from Cuba, which for years has appeared on the U.S. State Department’s list of terrorist-sponsoring nations, to testify against him.

The government’s other star witness was a notoriously left wing author, Ann Louise Bardach, who once worked for the New York Times and has written several favorable books about Cuba’s oppressive communist regime. Bardach testified that more than a decade ago Carriles bragged about his anti-Castro militancy, which supposedly included organizing bombings in Havana to scare tourists and blowing up a jetliner in the 1970s.

Frail and somewhat decrepit, Carriles had been charged by the feds with nearly a dozen counts of perjury, obstruction of justice and immigration fraud. The case was such a stretch that jurors took about three hours to acquit him after hearing testimony from dozens of witnesses over several months. One media report said federal prosecutors sat “dejectedly” upon hearing the verdict after “painstakingly” building their case by calling 23 witnesses.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2011/apr/why-did-obama-doj-prosecute-ant-communist-cia-agent

Wei Wu Wei
04-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Isn't this the terrorist involved in blowing up a Cuban airplane full of people?

Constitutionally Speaking
04-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Isn't this the terrorist involved in blowing up a Cuban airplane full of people?

If you believe the left's version of things, yes.

Of course, the left's version of things and the truth RARELY have much in common.

PoliCon
04-14-2011, 12:25 AM

Of course, the left's version of things and the truth RARELY have much in common.

^^^This.

txradioguy
04-14-2011, 02:10 AM

QFT

Wei Wu Wei
04-14-2011, 03:03 AM

http://terrorism.about.com/od/groupsleader1/p/LuisPosada.htm

okay so what is the right's version of things?

i accept that there are different perspectives here and i wont pretend that any one perspective has a monopoly on truth, i just haven't heard a defense of this guy it seems pretty clear that he was involved or at least had prior knowledge of the terrorist attack of Flight 455

04-14-2011, 06:26 AM
http://terrorism.about.com/od/groupsleader1/p/LuisPosada.htm

okay so what is the right's version of things?

i accept that there are different perspectives here and i wont pretend that any one perspective has a monopoly on truth, i just haven't heard a defense of this guy it seems pretty clear that he was involved or at least had prior knowledge of the terrorist attack of Flight 455

That he has been tried and acquitted on this.

TWICE.

AND ------ NOW he has been acquitted of the trumped up charges the left had tried to get him with.

You see, the left in this country has NO PROBLEM using the court system as a POLITICAL tool - that is something all dictators and leftists have in common.

Wei Wu Wei
04-14-2011, 07:09 AM
yes leftists have and do uuse the courts for political tools i'm willing to admit that, but that's something very common the right as well. this isn't a "your side does it too so it's okay" move, i admit that it isn't okay.

mow back to this man, he killed people, many people, innocent people. he's a fucking terrorist for god's sake. this isn't something to let ideology run in front of. yes he was an anti-communist and many peoplea gree what that but it does not justify terrorism.

look i think there is some serious race problems in america, i think those race problems run deep and affect police action and court decisions, i even think those problems influenced things like the murder case of OJ Simpson, but god damn he still probablty did it. you can say what you want about the left and about communism but this guy is afucking terrorist and there is no excuse fo rthat. the political stuff surrounding the OJ case doesn't mean he is any less guilty (even if the court found him not guilty, i stil dont' believe it). the same applies in this case, this man was found not guilty but come the fuck on, it's on the record that he talked about this attack right before it occured, he knew about it at the very least, and was deeply in on it at the worst. it makes me sick to see people here defending him just because what? because obama's adminstration is going after him so you MUST defend ghim because fuck obama? or because he is an anticommunist and fuck the commies? no he is a terrorist.

PoliCon
04-14-2011, 07:36 AM
(even if the court found him not guilty, i stil dont' believe it). More evidence that with the left it's the narrative not the facts that matter. You're gonna believe what you want to believe and damn the facts. :rolleyes:

txradioguy
04-14-2011, 07:45 AM
More evidence that with the left it's the narrative not the facts that matter. You're gonna believe what you want to believe and damn the facts. :rolleyes:

Kinda pathetic when you think about it. That an American would take the word of a communist dictator and agents of that country over the word of someone who tried to help end the repression of the Communist dictator.

04-14-2011, 07:19 PM
yes leftists have and do uuse the courts for political tools i'm willing to admit that, but that's something very common the right as well. this isn't a "your side does it too so it's okay" move, i admit that it isn't okay.

It isn't even close - the left does so FAR more often, FAR more egregiously and under FAR more Specious and completely made up charges.

mow back to this man, he killed people, many people, innocent people. he's a fucking terrorist for god's sake. this isn't something to let ideology run in front of. yes he was an anti-communist and many peoplea gree what that but it does not justify terrorism.

He was acquitted of this - what part of that do you not understand. NOT by our courts either so the partisanship argument does not hold water. He was held without bail for nearly a year by a hostile (to him) government that did it's damndest to convict him TWICE, and failed to do so. If the evidence was as overwhelming as the left is trying to imply, a country that does not much care for civil rights would have had no trouble convicting him.

Wei Wu Wei
04-14-2011, 07:25 PM
perhaps we can detain him indefinately until we can proceed with his case, like we do with other terrorist suspects

Rockntractor
04-14-2011, 07:40 PM
perhaps we can detain him indefinately until we can proceed with his case, like we do with other terrorist suspects

He is 83 you idjut!:rolleyes:

PoliCon
04-14-2011, 08:47 PM

Except that he's already been tried and found not guilty. imagine that. :rolleyes:

txradioguy
04-15-2011, 02:29 AM
Except that he's already been tried and found not guilty. imagine that. :rolleyes:

Wee Wee knows that...he's trying to play the equivalence card between al-Qaeda and this guy.

:rolleyes:

PoliCon
04-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Wee Wee knows that...he's trying to play the equivalence card between al-Qaeda and this guy.

:rolleyes:

well wee wee does think of us as being lower and more evil than al queda so of course he'd try to draw that line. :rolleyes: Typical America hating leftist. :rolleyes: