PDA

View Full Version : Paper: Obama Speech 'most Dishonest In Decades'...

megimoo
04-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Obama's toxic speech and even worse plan for deficits and debt.

Did someone move the 2012 election to June 1? We ask because President Obama's extraordinary response to Paul Ryan's budget yesterday—with its blistering partisanship and multiple distortions—was the kind Presidents usually outsource to some junior lieutenant. Mr. Obama's fundamentally political document would have been unusual even for a Vice President in the fervor of a campaign.

The immediate political goal was to inoculate the White House from criticism that it is not serious about the fiscal crisis, after ignoring its own deficit commission last year and tossing off a $3.73 trillion budget in February that increased spending amid a record deficit of $1.65 trillion. Mr. Obama was chased to George Washington University yesterday because Mr. Ryan and the Republicans outflanked him on fiscal discipline and are now setting the national political agenda.

Mr. Obama did not deign to propose an alternative to rival Mr. Ryan's plan, even as he categorically rejected all its reform ideas, repeatedly vilifying them as essentially un-American. "Their vision is less about reducing the deficit than it is about changing the basic social compact in America," he said, supposedly pitting "children with autism or Down's syndrome" against "every millionaire and billionaire in our society." The President was not attempting to join the debate Mr. Ryan has started, but to close it off just as it begins and banish House GOP ideas to political Siberia.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703730104576260911986870054.html?m od=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

Arroyo_Doble
04-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Damn, are these guys pissed or what?

Ryan gives the middle and working class a big "fuck you" while bending over for the affluent and Obama had the gall to call him on it.

Too funny.

fettpett
04-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Damn, are these guys pissed or what?

Ryan gives the middle and working class a big "fuck you" while bending over for the affluent and Obama had the gall to call him on it.

Too funny.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: keep spewing that crap with nothing to back it up. Obama has done what you claim Ryan has to the entire Country and it's Economy

Arroyo_Doble
04-14-2011, 12:45 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes: keep spewing that crap with nothing to back it up. Obama has done what you claim Ryan has to the entire Country and it's Economy

Look, I have alot of problems with the speech starting with how he wants to blame the tax cuts of the early Aughts for our problems while keeping the bulk of them in place but he was dead nuts on by calling out the so-called Ryan plan for its blatant elimination of Medicare with that horseshit voucher. Now, the Republicans and their propagandists are squealing like stuck pigs because Obama called a spade a spade. Not sure what they thought would happen when they put Medicare on the chopping block.

fettpett
04-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Look, I have alot of problems with the speech starting with how he wants to blame the tax cuts of the early Aughts for our problems while keeping the bulk of them in place but he was dead nuts on by calling out the so-called Ryan plan for its blatant elimination of Medicare with that horseshit voucher. Now, the Republicans and their propagandists are squealing like stuck pigs because Obama called a spade a spade. Not sure what they thought would happen when they put Medicare on the chopping block.

LMAO, right and where were you when Obamacare defunded Medicare?

Arroyo_Doble
04-14-2011, 12:48 PM

That's another good one. Think about all those Republicans who ran commercials during the 2010 campaign bemoaning how evil that half a trill cut in Medicare was. Even McConnell his own damn self was spouting that bullshit.

Too funny.

lacarnut
04-14-2011, 01:10 PM

Are you that stupid to not understand what is in Obamacare. Let me clue you in. The plan is to take 500 hundred billion out of Medicare, call it savings and put it in Medicaid. That is some funny math there buck-oh. Obama is a liar when he said that Obamacare will save 1 trillion dollars. Every creditable agency debunks that theory. Let's not forget the Doctor and Hospital fix that was going to cut 15% from their pay.

Obamacare will destroy Medicare and the great medical care as we have it in this country. You are an idiot if you do not believe that. Doctors will refuse to take new patients. That has already started to happen. There will be shortages of doctors. One of my doctors told me, he would quit taking Medicare patients. Another told me that he would move to Australia if the government tells how much money he can make. I am on Medicare dumb ass so I know what I am talking about. You on the other hand are just parroting your normal Democratic talking points.

FYI, Obamacare is the law of the land. Ryan plan is just that, a plan. A starting point at trying to engage in fixing the entitlement mess that consumes a great percentage of our revenues along with Medicaid. Of course, any proposal against your Messiah is to be demeaned by a partisan pricks like you.

fettpett
04-14-2011, 01:10 PM
That's another good one. Think about all those Republicans who ran commercials during the 2010 campaign bemoaning how evil that half a trill cut in Medicare was. Even McConnell his own damn self was spouting that bullshit.

Too funny.

playing politics, is all it is, though Ryan's plan refunds it but as block grants so states can use it how they want

Arroyo_Doble
04-14-2011, 01:17 PM
playing politics, is all it is, though Ryan's plan refunds it but as block grants so states can use it how they want

I think you are confusing Medicaid with Medicare. The block grants to the Several States is for Medicaid. The Medicare "reform" consists of giving individuals vouchers to try and buy private insurance.

fettpett
04-14-2011, 01:25 PM
I think you are confusing Medicaid with Medicare. The block grants to the Several States is for Medicaid. The Medicare "reform" consists of giving individuals vouchers to try and buy private insurance.

and whats wrong with that? honestly, more competition will drive prices down. however there needs to be other reforms to insurance but this will help

Arroyo_Doble
04-14-2011, 01:33 PM
and whats wrong with that? honestly, more competition will drive prices down. however there needs to be other reforms to insurance but this will help

Which one? The block grants to the Several States looks interesting and worth exploring.

Giving seniors a coupon and a pat on the back sucks.

lacarnut
04-14-2011, 01:34 PM

Cutting 500 billion out of Medicare to transfer it to Medicaid is the law under Obamacare; plus there are 15%cuts in doctor and hospitals fees. That is just FUCKED UP. Of course, Democrats and partisan hacks like you think that is fine.

Like I said Ryan has a proposal. Obamacare is cast in stone until the courts or Congress overturn it. Capiche.

txradioguy
04-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Which one? The block grants to the Several States looks interesting and worth exploring.

More talking points you cribbed from the DNC website I see.

:rolleyes:

All Ryan is wanting to do is make the rest of Medicare like the Part D prescription plan.

Which has actually been the only cost effective part of Medicare in your lifetime and mine.

Not to mention that it doesn't change anything one iota if you are already 55 or older.

You really should read the facts before you post Oreo.

Starbuck
04-14-2011, 04:14 PM
.........Giving seniors a coupon and a pat on the back sucks.

I dunno. As a senior I kind of like that idea.:)

txradioguy
04-14-2011, 04:20 PM

You should change your screen name to Craftsman you're such a tool.

Critics are describing Ryan’s Medicare reform as privatization, a deliberately loaded term designed to instantly discredit the idea. Yet the idea is essentially to apply to all of Medicare the system under which Medicare Part D has been such a success: a guaranteed insurance subsidy. Thus, instead of paying the health provider directly (fee-for-service), Medicare would give seniors about $15,000 of “premium support,” letting the recipient choose among a menu of approved health-insurance plans.

Call this privatization if you like, but then would you call the Part D prescription benefit “privatized”? If so, there’s a lot to be said for privatization. Part D is both popular and successful. It actually beat its cost projections — a near-miraculous exception to just about every health-care program known to man.

Under Ryan’s plan, everyone 55 and over is unaffected. Younger workers get the insurance subsidy starting in 2022. By eventually ending the current fee-for-service system that drives up demand and therefore prices, this reform is far more likely to ensure the survival of Medicare than the current near-insolvent system.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/264190/ryan-s-leap-charles-krauthammer

Arroyo_Doble
04-14-2011, 04:48 PM
More talking points you cribbed from the DNC website I see.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/264190/ryan-s-leap-charles-krauthammer

Damn funny.

lacarnut
04-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Damn funny.

Only to a dummie. I notice how your ignorance of Obamacare and how it pertains to Medicare shows brightly.

AmPat
04-14-2011, 05:23 PM

He certainly wasn't spewing his idiocy about "so called" plans and O Blah Blah nonsense. :rolleyes:
AD only attacks Conservative plans and spokesmen. DIMS/LIbs can do no wrong in his fantasy world.

fettpett
04-14-2011, 05:24 PM
He certainly wasn't spewing his idiocy about "so called" plans and O Blah Blah nonsense. :rolleyes:
AD only attacks Conservative plans and spokesmen. DIMS/LIbs can do no wrong in his fantasy world.

yeah, pretty noticeable

Arroyo_Doble
04-14-2011, 05:31 PM
yeah, pretty noticeable

You missed this bit?

Look, I have alot of problems with the speech starting with how he wants to blame the tax cuts of the early Aughts for our problems while keeping the bulk of them in place ...

I could give you more if you like.

fettpett
04-14-2011, 05:36 PM
You missed this bit?

I could give you more if you like.

no, i didn't miss it, it was more about the attacks on Ryan that I was meaning

lacarnut
04-14-2011, 05:55 PM

Well, you can not talk sense to a twit.