PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Senate passes 'birther' bill

Gingersnap
04-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Arizona Senate passes 'birther' bill

http://i55.tinypic.com/9swb3r.jpg
The Arizona House of Representatives meets. | AP Photo

By JENNIFER EPSTEIN | 4/13/11 5:18 PM EDT

Arizona’s state Senate approved a bill Wednesday that will require presidential candidates to prove they are U.S. citizens before they can be included on a state ballot.

Prompted by challenges to President Barack Obama’s citizenship and, therefore, eligibility for the job, the bill passed 20-9 in the Senate, and now moves to the state House for a final vote before heading to Republican Gov. Jan Brewer’s desk.

The legislation, a revised version of an earlier bill that would have required each candidate to provide a “long-form” birth certificate, also gives candidates the option of instead providing two of the following documents: an early baptismal or circumcision certificate, a hospital birth record, a postpartum hospital record for the mother or an early census record.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/53141.html#ixzz1JVpe7B65

linda22003
04-14-2011, 12:26 PM
"Circumcision certificate"? So only boys can be president? :confused:

jediab
04-14-2011, 12:35 PM

According to liberals they can. Remember what they did to Hilary and Palin during the primaries and election.

Pulpfishin
04-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Where's the outcry from LULAC on this one?

noonwitch
04-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Ridiculous. If a state issues a birth certificate to verify that a person was born in that state, that should be enough. States shouldn't be passing laws just to satisfy the people who don't want to accept reality. It'll probably be overturned by the courts.

But if it's not overturned-just wait until the first time the Arizona democrats decide to use this against a GOP candidate. Because sooner or later, it will happen.

Arroyo_Doble
04-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Ridiculous. If a state issues a birth certificate to verify that a person was born in that state, that should be enough. States shouldn't be passing laws just to satisfy the people who don't want to accept reality. It'll probably be overturned by the courts.

But if it's not overturned-just wait until the first time the Arizona democrats decide to use this against a GOP candidate. Because sooner or later, it will happen.

On what grounds?

Novaheart
04-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Unfortunately this detracts from Arizona's credibility on the impotant issue of illegal immigration.

Pulpfishin
04-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Ridiculous. If a state issues a birth certificate to verify that a person was born in that state, that should be enough.

I guess you should argue that point with the State Department then, because you can't get a passport with just any ole' "birth certificate".

*A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html#step3first

I guess the presidency should be easier to "obtain" than a passport. :rolleyes:

Adam Wood
04-14-2011, 03:14 PM
I guess you should argue that point with the State Department then, because you can't get a passport with just any ole' "birth certificate".

*A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html#step3first

I guess the presidency should be easier to "obtain" than a passport. :rolleyes:The State Department is not referring to COLBs there. I have sent off numerous passport applications using a COLB just like what Obama posted and the State Department took them just fine.

What they are referring to there is a wallet card that some states issue. These generally state only someone's name, birth date, and a county in which they are born. The purpose for these, so far as I can understand it, is for people who are on some kind of state assistance to have some form of identity showing that they were born in that state.

Adam Wood
04-14-2011, 03:22 PM
On what grounds?Good question. I suppose it could be seen as a violation of the Voting Rights Act if the requirements for candidacy are deemed too difficult. It would make for an interesting case.

Novaheart
04-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Good question. I suppose it could be seen as a violation of the Voting Rights Act if the requirements for candidacy are deemed too difficult. It would make for an interesting case.

It will be interesting if it actually becomes law. While the Constitution specifies that the President must be a native, it doesn't specify how he would prove that he is or a standard or method for a state refusing to allow a candidate on the ballot on that basis.
And to make it all the more complicated, we don't actually require that the President be literally born in the US, and we're currently having a debate over whether all persons born in the US are actually citizens.

JB
04-14-2011, 08:09 PM
So only boys can be president? :confused:God willing.

hazlnut
04-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Arizona is the Florida of the West.

Zathras
04-14-2011, 11:44 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/462.jpg

PoliCon
04-15-2011, 12:48 AM

Only boys can be circumcised? :confused:

Starbuck
04-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Anyone know of any other President who's citizenship qualifications were called into question?
Or any other qualification?

Pulpfishin
04-15-2011, 10:26 AM
I have sent off numerous passport applications using a COLB just like what Obama posted and the State Department took them just fine.

I highly question that, given the fact that 22 CFR 51.42(a). clearly states: "must be signed by the official custodian of birth records, bear the seal of the issuing office"

If ANYONE submitted a certificate of live birth for a passport like the one Obama claims to be his, it would be rejected on these two federal requirements.

The COLB posted by Obama bears neither of these, in clear and stark contrast to many everyday citizens that have provided theirs for comparison.

My theory is actually a little different than most, I believe his real birth certificate shows his race as "white", and he does not want it to effect his monopoly of the minority vote

Arroyo_Doble
04-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Anyone know of any other President who's citizenship qualifications were called into question?

Chester A. Arthur, I believe. I would have to search, though.

Adam Wood
04-15-2011, 10:57 AM
I highly question that, given the fact that 22 CFR 51.42(a). clearly states: "must be signed by the official custodian of birth records, bear the seal of the issuing office"You can question it all you want to. How many passport applications do you submit in a year? I do somewhere between seventy and a hundred a year. I'm waiting on FedEx to bring me two today for people who are leaving the country this weekend.

Oh, and Obama's COLB? It has the signature (http://www.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/birth_certificate_9.jpg). And the seal (http://www.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/birth_certificate_1.jpg).

If ANYONE submitted a certificate of live birth for a passport like the one Obama claims to be his, it would be rejected on these two federal requirements.Nope. I submit these routinely, and I routinely get passports back with no questions asked. I have even submitted Hawaii COLBs that look basically identical to Obama's and I have gotten passports back without question.

The COLB posted by Obama bears neither of these, in clear and stark contrast to many everyday citizens that have provided theirs for comparison.The COLB that Obama provided is exactly the one and only document that the state of Hawaii produces. The state has repeatedly verified that what Obama produced is indeed genuine, was issued by their office, that this is what they issue, and that even the (now former) Republican governor of Hawaii has seen the original birth certificate on file. The only possible way that your claims that it is somehow different could be true would be if not one single person from the state of Hawaii has ever gotten a passport since 1977. Are you interested in standing by that claim, that no one born in the state of Hawaii has obtained a passport from the State Department since 1977?

My theory is actually a little different than most, I believe his real birth certificate shows his race as "white", and he does not want it to effect his monopoly of the minority voteThat seems to be a popular theory, and perhaps it has some merit to it, but it does not in any way change the facts: Obama has produced the one and only document that the state of Hawaii allows anyone who was born there to have, and that document has been repeatedly verified as genuine by multiple sources. All documentation proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii.

Adam Wood
04-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Chester A. Arthur, I believe. I would have to search, though.Was he the one who was accused of being a Canadian? I was thinking that was Taft, but I couldn't remember off the top of my head.

Arroyo_Doble
04-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Was he the one who was accused of being a Canadian? I was thinking that was Taft, but I couldn't remember off the top of my head.

I think that's right.

Also, while he wasn't elected president, there was some minor qualification questions about McCain's birth. And I think there was a decent argument that the Bush/Cheney ticket violated the 12th Amendment but that's not really the same thing.

noonwitch
04-15-2011, 11:44 AM

I can think of one really obvious thing that makes this president different from all the previous ones.

Arroyo_Doble
04-15-2011, 11:46 AM
I can think of one really obvious thing that makes this president different from all the previous ones.

He was born in Kenya? He's a Muslim? He's a Marxist? His wife has a big butt? A terrorist wrote his book?

CueSi
04-15-2011, 12:08 PM

Do you even live in Florida? I do. Kiss my black ass and fuck you.

~QC

Arroyo_Doble
04-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Do you even live in Florida? I do. Kiss my black ass and fuck you.

~QC

Is that Floridian foreplay?

CueSi
04-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Is that Floridian foreplay?

Nope, but I hear making sure the cow is firmly tied to the post is how you get started for those intimate moments in Texas. :p

~QC

txradioguy
04-15-2011, 12:39 PM

He's never done anything that remotely qualified him for the job?

Odysseus
04-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Or Muslim girls. But I don't think that it's worth the pain.

It will be interesting if it actually becomes law. While the Constitution specifies that the President must be a native, it doesn't specify how he would prove that he is or a standard or method for a state refusing to allow a candidate on the ballot on that basis.
And to make it all the more complicated, we don't actually require that the President be literally born in the US, and we're currently having a debate over whether all persons born in the US are actually citizens.

And you are the global village idiot.

Hmmmmm.... Let's see... Lack of competence? Well, there's Carter... Aerodynamic ears? Maybe, but it's a stretch. Complete lack of any personal history beyond the official versions (not just the longform birth certificate, but his high school and college transcripts, law school records, old girlfriends, passports... I mean, has there ever been a candidate who's been as much of a complete cipher as this guy?)? Narcoleptic Veep? C'mon, help me out here...

He was born in Kenya?
Unlikely.

He's a Muslim?
Also unlikely. The Shahada demands acknowledgement that there is no god other than Allah, and that would interfere with his obsessive self-worship

He's a Marxist?
He certainly spent enough time among them for it to rub off.

His wife has a big butt?
There have been some seriously big butts on previous First Ladies. That wasn't a bustle on Mary Todd Lincoln.

A terrorist wrote his book?
That's probably a safe bet.

Arroyo_Doble
04-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Or girls, if they are Muslim.

And you are the global village idiot.

Hmmmmm.... Let's see... Lack of competence? Well, there's Carter... Aerodynamic ears? Maybe, but it's a stretch. Complete lack of any personal history beyond the official versions (not just the longform birth certificate, but his high school and college transcripts, law school records, old girlfriends, passports... I mean, has there ever been a candidate who's been as much of a complete cipher as this guy?)? Narcoleptic Veep? C'mon, help me out here...

Unlikely.

Also unlikely. The Shahada demands acknowledgement that there is no god other than Allah, and that would interfere with his obsessive self-worship

He certainly spent enough time among them for it to rub off.

There have been some seriously big butts on previous First Ladies. That wasn't a bustle on Mary Todd Lincoln.

That's probably a safe bet.

I think the so-called tea party Republicans are going to be shocked when they find out the political center of America is not as kookie as they are.

lacarnut
04-15-2011, 03:11 PM
I think the so-called tea party Republicans are going to be shocked when they find out the political center of America is not as kookie as they are.

Those kookie Tea Party Repubs helped them to win a landslide in 2010. It will be another slaughter in 2012. Democraps can kiss the Presidency and the Senate goodbye.

Arroyo_Doble
04-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Those kookie Tea Party Repubs helped them to win a landslide in 2010. It will be another slaughter in 2012. Democraps can kiss the Presidency and the Senate goodbye.

If the so-called tea party Republicans would have kept their kook in check, the Senate would be gone already.

lacarnut
04-15-2011, 03:42 PM
If the so-called tea party Republicans would have kept their kook in check, the Senate would be gone already.

Tell me how the Repubs would have won 4 more seats. DE is the only one that was a disaster from the start. The gal from AK will still caucus with Repubs. Reid was a favorite because of money and the union vote. So, I give you 1. Now, tell me where the other two are coming from.

Just wait until 2012 when over 20 Democrats have to run for re-election while around half that many Repubs will be running for re-election. The Democrats stand no chance of keeping their majority.

Arroyo_Doble
04-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Tell me how the Repubs would have won 4 more seats. DE is the only one that was a disaster from the start. The gal from AK will still caucus with Repubs. Reid was a favorite because of money and the union vote. So, I give you 1. Now, tell me where the other two are coming from.

Just wait until 2012 when over 20 Democrats have to run for re-election while around half that many Repubs will be running for re-election. The Democrats stand no chance of keeping their majority.

You are correct, it would have been a tie with Biden as the breaker. The three are DE, NV, and CO.

As long as the kooks aren't saying Sharia law has taken over in non-existent towns in Texas, I think Republicans take the Senate in 2012.

fettpett
04-15-2011, 06:40 PM
You are correct, it would have been a tie with Biden as the breaker. The three are DE, NV, and CO.

As long as the kooks aren't saying Sharia law has taken over in non-existent towns in Texas, I think Republicans take the Senate in 2012.

Very few people expected anyone to beat Harry Reid, regardless if they were Tea Party or not, hell most pundits were saying that if she came within 20 points it was awesome showing and she damn well almost beat him.

Odysseus
04-15-2011, 06:46 PM

Liberals have been shocked that way for years. That's why they never run for office as liberals.

What's Obama's current approval rating? Oh, yeah... Gallup 4/12 - 4/14, 41% approve, 50% disapprove. That's his worst showing in Gallup yet, and that's among all respondents, not likely voters, who are even less enamored of him.

txradioguy
04-16-2011, 02:51 AM

Tell that to former Speaker of the House Pelosi.

Arroyo_Doble
04-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Very few people expected anyone to beat Harry Reid, regardless if they were Tea Party or not, hell most pundits were saying that if she came within 20 points it was awesome showing and she damn well almost beat him.

I disagree with that assessment. Any candidate but Angle would have beaten him.

AmPat
04-18-2011, 09:48 AM

He was only referring to the "so called" ones.:rolleyes:

PoliCon
04-18-2011, 09:56 AM

WTF are you talking about? she did beat him. He just did the usual democrap thing and stole the election. :rolleyes:

Arroyo_Doble
04-18-2011, 10:18 AM
WTF are you talking about? she did beat him. He just did the usual democrap thing and stole the election. :rolleyes:

My argument was that Reid could easily have been defeated and that the nomination of Angle by the Republican Party in Nevada let an easy victory turn into defeat. A stolen election is something else entirely and actually supports my position.

fettpett
04-18-2011, 11:28 AM

dude, many people said that she would be lucky to get 20% of the vote, hell many figured anyone getting even to 5% difference between the two would be a "win"

no matter who would go against Reid had a HUGE uphill battle

fettpett
04-18-2011, 11:33 AM
she did lead for over a month before the election

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/nevada/election_2010_nevada_senate

Election 2010: Nevada Senate
Nevada Senate: Angle (R) Still Holds Small Lead Over Reid (D)
Tuesday, October 26, 2010 Email to a Friend ShareThis
Despite President Obama’s weekend visit to the state to boost the candidacy of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Republican Sharron Angle remains slightly ahead in Nevada’s U.S. Senate race - for the fourth survey in a row.
The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in Nevada finds Angle with 49% support to Reid’s 45%. Four percent (4%) like some other candidate in the race, and two percent (2%) remain undecided with one week until Election Day. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
The race remains a Toss-Up in the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Senate Balance of Power rankings.
A week ago, Angle held a 50% to 47% lead in one of the country’s nastiest and most closely contested Senate races. Reid and Angle have been three points apart or less in eight of nine surveys since July. But Angle’s had the edge since the beginning of this month.
(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.
The survey of 750 Likely Voters in Nevada was conducted on October 25, 2010 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 4 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

Odysseus
04-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Has anyone heard about this?

...there are two crucial problems with President Obama's life documents. First, the registration number on Obama's "Certification of Live Birth" (which, as Trump recently explained to an incredulous Meredith Vieira, is not a long form birth certificate) is out of sequence to other birth certificates issued on the very next day in Hawaii to a pair of twins named Nordyke (certifications of live birth and birth certificates carry the same registration number).

Second, according to a private investigator, Susan Daniels, whose work was validated by at least two other investigators I'm aware of, the Social Security number that Obama used for approximately 25 years was issued with a Connecticut-based number, though neither Obama nor anyone in his family lived in that state at any point during their lifetimes. Bill O'Reilly claimed on his April 14, 2011, show that Obama's father, Barack Obama Sr., lived in Connecticut "for several years", but when I called O'Reilly for verification of his source(s), I was put into a voicemail and received no return call. As of this writing, it appears that O'Reilly's Mailbag Segment on Obama's Social Security number has been scrubbed by Fox News from the podcast of the show, along with some viewer mail on the subject.

Contrary to Mr. O'Reilly's claim and according to private investigations, after Obama Sr. left Hawaii, he lived in Cambridge, Mass, which he left for Africa in 1965. Obama Sr. never worked or took classes in Connecticut, and no one has ever proven or even given a reason for his living in that state. We know that 1977-79 was the period when Obama's Connecticut-based Social Security number was issued because private investigators have tracked down the dates when the Social Security numbers directly above and below Obama's number were issued. Both of these numbers were issued to Connecticut residents. But from 1972 until his death in a car crash in 1982, Barack Obama Sr. was in Kenya. During this period he was never in America. We reach this conclusion because Obama Sr.'s addresses have been tracked and can be seen in several private investigator data bases.

>snip<

Carol A. Taber is president of FamilySecurityMatters.org

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/04/trump_needs_to_shift_to_second.html at April 18, 2011 - 06:51:41 PM CDT

Rockntractor
04-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Has anyone heard about this?

...there are two crucial problems with President Obama's life documents. First, the registration number on Obama's "Certification of Live Birth" (which, as Trump recently explained to an incredulous Meredith Vieira, is not a long form birth certificate) is out of sequence to other birth certificates issued on the very next day in Hawaii to a pair of twins named Nordyke (certifications of live birth and birth certificates carry the same registration number).

Second, according to a private investigator, Susan Daniels, whose work was validated by at least two other investigators I'm aware of, the Social Security number that Obama used for approximately 25 years was issued with a Connecticut-based number, though neither Obama nor anyone in his family lived in that state at any point during their lifetimes. Bill O'Reilly claimed on his April 14, 2011, show that Obama's father, Barack Obama Sr., lived in Connecticut "for several years", but when I called O'Reilly for verification of his source(s), I was put into a voicemail and received no return call. As of this writing, it appears that O'Reilly's Mailbag Segment on Obama's Social Security number has been scrubbed by Fox News from the podcast of the show, along with some viewer mail on the subject.

Contrary to Mr. O'Reilly's claim and according to private investigations, after Obama Sr. left Hawaii, he lived in Cambridge, Mass, which he left for Africa in 1965. Obama Sr. never worked or took classes in Connecticut, and no one has ever proven or even given a reason for his living in that state. We know that 1977-79 was the period when Obama's Connecticut-based Social Security number was issued because private investigators have tracked down the dates when the Social Security numbers directly above and below Obama's number were issued. Both of these numbers were issued to Connecticut residents. But from 1972 until his death in a car crash in 1982, Barack Obama Sr. was in Kenya. During this period he was never in America. We reach this conclusion because Obama Sr.'s addresses have been tracked and can be seen in several private investigator data bases.

>snip<

Carol A. Taber is president of FamilySecurityMatters.org

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/04/trump_needs_to_shift_to_second.html at April 18, 2011 - 06:51:41 PM CDT
Wait till Adam see's that!:eek:
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss194/fazer242/woodywoodpecker.jpg