PDA

View Full Version : How Big Is Your Belch?Complete this form to calculate your one-day Carbon Belch!

megimoo
05-28-2008, 04:37 PM
How Big Is Your Belch?
http://www.drudgereport.com/
Climate Alarmists have created dozens of websites to help you calculate your carbon footprint -- all as a basis for you feeling even more guilty about being a human being who is desecrating the planet in the 21st century (and maybe youíll buy some carbon credits).

Well, we put all those calculations (along with the "official" government calculator at the EPA) to some good use and developed a Carbon Belch Calculator. We identified 21 things you can do to increase your Carbon Belch. It's easy. It's fun. And itís all for the lofty goal of saving the planet. Just follow these three simple steps!

Step #1: Complete this form to calculate your one-day Carbon Belch!
(Indicate your activity for each item on Carbon belch Day)

1. Miles you will drive on Carbon Belch Day # of miles

2. Super-cool your house (turn A/C down 5 degrees) Yes No

3. Don't recycle newspapers for one day Yes No

4. Don't recycle glass/plastic/aluminum for one day Yes No

5. Take a plane trip # of miles

6. Eat Meat with at least two meals Yes No
6.1 Steak dinner bonus Yes No

7. Mow your lawn with gas-powered mower Yes No

8. Leave 2 light bulbs on for entire day Yes No

9. Hang/light one string of Christmas lights Yes No

10. Host a barbecue # of people
10.1 Charcoal (11 lbs/hr) or Gas (5.6lbs/hr)? Charcoal Gas

11. Drink Beer # 12 oz cans/bottles

12. Watch Television # of hours

13. Light a campfire Yes No

14. Do partial load of laundry in the washer Yes No

15. Do partial load of laundry in the dryer Yes No

16. Go boating # of miles

17. Take an 8 minute shower Yes No

18. Leave Computer on 24 hours Yes No

19. Drink Bottled Water # 16oz bottles

20. Get Married on Carbon Belch Day Yes No

21. Smoke 4 cigars Yes No

Aklover
05-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Note to self increase carbon output whenever possible.

Ron Paul
05-29-2008, 01:02 AM
This is stupid. Instead of talking about the real environmental problems as they exist, or talking about how global warming is based on faulty assumptions (as I'm sure these people believe), this just sends the message that a lot of conservatives just don't care about the environment.

The fact is, a lot of carbon burning is very bad. Fossil fuels acidify the ocean, pollute our trees and rain and drinking water, cause cancers in people we care about, fund terrorists, etc etc. If global warming is not a huge threat, we still need to use fuel efficient cars, alternative sources for energy, recycle, and on and on. Global warming is just the huge simple message for a much deeper message: we've got to take it easy on the pollution. We've got endless reasons for it. The sooner we get started with alternatives, the better for our economy in the long run.

But by making obnoxious arguments like "you can't reduce your footprint as much as I'll increase mine, asshole!" these people are making the dumbest argument possible. They are convincing people to simply ignore their point of view, because they obviously don't really care about the results. It's amazingly pathetic. In fact, I could think of no better a PR campaign for Greenpeace and the Sierra Club, than to paint its opponents as these kind of children.

Aklover
05-29-2008, 01:13 AM
This is stupid. Instead of talking about the real environmental problems as they exist, or talking about how global warming is based on faulty assumptions (as I'm sure these people believe), this just sends the message that a lot of conservatives just don't care about the environment.

The fact is, a lot of carbon burning is very bad. Fossil fuels acidify the ocean, pollute our trees and rain and drinking water, cause cancers in people we care about, fund terrorists, etc etc. If global warming is not a huge threat, we still need to use fuel efficient cars, alternative sources for energy, recycle, and on and on. Global warming is just the huge simple message for a much deeper message: we've got to take it easy on the pollution. We've got endless reasons for it. The sooner we get started with alternatives, the better for our economy in the long run.

But by making obnoxious arguments like "you can't reduce your footprint as much as I'll increase mine, asshole!" these people are making the dumbest argument possible. They are convincing people to simply ignore their point of view, because they obviously don't really care about the results. It's amazingly pathetic. In fact, I could think of no better a PR campaign for Greenpeace and the Sierra Club, than to paint its opponents as these kind of children.

Global warming seems to be real but I doubt we are a factor. Read any of the articles published by NASA that says the other planets are warming too? All this crap about we cause global warming is just an excuse to manipulate, control, and bilk people out of thier money and very likely finding new tax opportunities for the government.

Ron Paul
05-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Global warming seems to be real but I doubt we are a factor. Read any of the articles published by NASA that says the other planets are warming too? All this crap about we cause global warming is just an excuse to manipulate, control, and bilk people out of thier money and very likely finding new tax opportunities for the government.

Well, that doesn't sound like an unreasonable point of view at all. There's little certainty either way with global warming. But we have to stop using fossil fuels as much as possible anyway, for so many reasons. Where is Iran getting the money for the bombs killing our troops? What is polluting our drinking water and giving our people cancers? Why is it so expensive to get food and get to work? A lot of it has to do with our reliance on oil and coal.

Ignoring global warming completely, and there's still tons of reasons for reducing emissions or simply being efficient.

Aklover
05-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Well, that doesn't sound like an unreasonable point of view at all. There's little certainty either way with global warming. But we have to stop using fossil fuels as much as possible anyway, for so many reasons. Where is Iran getting the money for the bombs killing our troops? What is polluting our drinking water and giving our people cancers? Why is it so expensive to get food and get to work? A lot of it has to do with our reliance on oil and coal.

Ignoring global warming completely, and there's still tons of reasons for reducing emissions or simply being efficient.

Agreed saving my money. I choose to buy energy star appliances and drive a car of my own free will because it saves me money.

LC EFA
05-29-2008, 05:27 AM
1. Miles you will drive on Carbon Belch Day # of miles

I'll err on the low side and say 50. I do drive a big diesel SUV though.

2. Super-cool your house (turn A/C down 5 degrees) Yes No

My AC runs set on maximum 24-7

3. Don't recycle newspapers for one day Yes No

reeeeee...cycle ?

4. Don't recycle glass/plastic/aluminum for one day Yes No

See #3

5. Take a plane trip # of miles

Interesting suggestion, let me work on it.

6. Eat Meat with at least two meals Yes No

Bacon and eggs for breakfast, ham sandwiches for lunch and a juicy T-bone fore dinner.

6.1 Steak dinner bonus Yes No

See #6

7. Mow your lawn with gas-powered mower Yes No

Yes. I'll also run the 2-stroke brushcutter around, then use a petrol powered leaf blower to cleanup.

8. Leave 2 light bulbs on for entire day Yes No

I'll leave more than 2 on, gotta compensate for these "energy efficient" globes somehow.

9. Hang/light one string of Christmas lights Yes No

No, but a good Idea.

10. Host a barbecue # of people

Perfect. I'll have a reef'n'beef BBQ instead of cooking *just* a steak.

10.1 Charcoal (11 lbs/hr) or Gas (5.6lbs/hr)? Charcoal Gas

Gas or charcoal be dammed. I'll burn real timber.

11. Drink Beer # 12 oz cans/bottles

No, But I'll have a few rums. Fermenting and distilling that definatly adds to the footprint.

12. Watch Television # of hours

How 'bout I just leave the TV on all day on mute ?

13. Light a campfire Yes No

See #10

14. Do partial load of laundry in the washer Yes No

Excellent Idea.

15. Do partial load of laundry in the dryer Yes No

No, but I'll turn on a couple of extra computers to compensate.

16. Go boating # of miles

No. Good suggestion, wrong time of year.

17. Take an 8 minute shower Yes No

8 Minutes ? What is this, Russia ?. 20 minutes minimum, and the first 10 minutes will be scalding hot.

18. Leave Computer on 24 hours Yes No

Several computers run 24-7

19. Drink Bottled Water # 16oz bottles

No. The coke used to dilute the rum mentioned in #11 should compensate.

20. Get Married on Carbon Belch Day Yes No

No but I'm sure we can work out something. Perhaps I can cut down a tree or something ?

21. Smoke 4 cigars Yes No

I'll smoke a half a packet of tobacco, does that count ?

So... Whadda I win ?

bmovies
05-29-2008, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VemrMdyfLP4