PDA

View Full Version : LIBERAL New Jersey GOP Corrupts Primary AGAIN!

mike128
06-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Just two months before New Jersey's June 3rd Republican Senatorial Primary, the liberals who have taken over the NJ state GOP decided that the two existing candidates, Joe Pennacchio and Murray Sabrin, were "too conservative" for their tastes. So they decided to persuade a liberal, Dick Zimmer, to run for Senate at the last minute, and he accepted.

Dick Zimmer couldn't win a debate if his life depended on it. He advertised far less than Joe Pennacchio, and yet, Zimmer STILL WON the NJ Republican Primary!

I suspect corruption. Nevertheless, there is nothing anyone can do about it. The liberals that control the NJ GOP got their last-minute liberal "hand pick" to win the NJ Republican nomination for US Senate (somehow). And all I can do is either abstain from voting in the NJ Senate race, or vote for Frank Lousenberg; just as I voted for Jon Corzine against liberal Doug Forrester after they smeared Bret Schundler's record as Mayor of Jersey City during that Republican Primary.

And the NJ GOP continues to wonder why they haven't won a single statewide election since the early 1990's. Go figure.

LibraryLady
06-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Zimmer , Dick GOP 83,483 46%
Pennacchio , Joe GOP 74,005 40%
Sabrin , Murray GOP 25,339 14%

Guess you should have voted more times.

mike128
06-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I still don't see how Dick Zimmer could have possibly won without outside influence. Looks like I may end up voting for Lousenberg.

LibraryLady
06-10-2008, 10:21 AM
I'd love to see Lautenberg defeated

Election 2008: New Jersey Senate
New Jersey Senate Race a Dead Heat (http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_senate_elections/new_jersey/election_2008_new_jersey_senate)
Monday, June 09, 2008 Email to a Friend
Democrat Frank Lautenberg, seeking a fifth term in the U.S. Senate, is in a virtual tie with Republican challenger Dick Zimmer in New Jersey, according to the latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey.

Forty-five percent (45%) of likely voters in the predominantly Democratic state favor Lautenberg, while 44% are backing Zimmer, a former U.S. congressman who is running as a fiscal conservative.