PDA

View Full Version : First Time: Reporter Turns Aggressive With Obama

megimoo
04-19-2011, 10:11 AM
VIDEO: 'Why do you think you're so unpopular in Texas?'

President Obama has troubles with voters in Texas, and, apparently, with interviewers from the Lone Star State as well.

"Let me finish my answers the next time we do an interview, all right?" Obama told reporter Brad Watson after an interview with WFAA-TV of Dallas, one of four interviews with local television stations at the White House on Monday.

The exchange is toward the end of the video.

At one point, Watson asked the president: "Why do you think you're so unpopular in Texas?"

After some jousting about the size of his loss in Texas in 2008 -- the president said it was "a few percentage points," but it was more like 11% -- Obama told his interviewer: "If what you're telling me is that Texas is a conservative state, you're absolutely right."

Obama also fired back at criticism from the conservative Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

"Gov. Perry helped balance his budget with about $6 billion worth of federal help -- which he happily took -- and then started blaming the members of Congress who had offered that help," Obama said.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/04/obama-to-reporter-let-me-finish-my-answers-next-time-/1

Arroyo_Doble
04-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Obama also fired back at criticism from the conservative Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

"Gov. Perry helped balance his budget with about $6 billion worth of federal help -- which he happily took -- and then started blaming the members of Congress who had offered that help," Obama said.

Yep.

But that's politics for ya.

SaintLouieWoman
04-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Obama also bristled at claims that is administration skipped Houston in the award of space shuttle orbiters and favored states that could help his re-election.
"That's wrong," the president stated. "That had nothing to do with it; the White House had nothing to do with it."
When Watson persisted, Obama said, "I just said that was wrong," and, later, "I just said that wasn't true."

I don't understand how Obama can say that with a straight face. Of course Houston, mission control, should have been had one of the space shuttle orbiters there, particularly over the sites in California and New York, blue states. He politicizes everything. He has no street cred when he accuses others of politics as the basis of a decision. For him its politics all the time. After all, he's from Chicago, or is it Kenya, Indonesia, Hawaii? :rolleyes:

AmPat
04-19-2011, 11:27 AM
O Blah Blah isn't an ordinary politician. He is an extreme liberal politician. That means he is a pathological liar.:cool:

CueSi
04-19-2011, 12:11 PM
I wish I could believe him. But after insulting the Supreme Court, Congressman Paul Ryan and his diplomatic missteps (mostly thinking of the return of the Churchhill bust), and general tone deafness ( 'just trade that in for a hybrid') , I'm left thinking that the WH is not above pressure on NASA to award LA and NY those shuttles.

~QC

Apocalypse
04-19-2011, 04:35 PM
And now WFAA-TV will face the same black-list that WFTV faced back in '08 after they asked Biden an tough question.

Arroyo_Doble
04-19-2011, 04:37 PM
And now WFAA-TV will face the same black-list that WFTV faced back in '08 after they asked Biden an tough question.

Not from me. They are my go-to weather radar site.

Novaheart
04-19-2011, 06:46 PM
I wish I could believe him. But after insulting the Supreme Court, Congressman Paul Ryan and his diplomatic missteps (mostly thinking of the return of the Churchhill bust), and general tone deafness ( 'just trade that in for a hybrid') , I'm left thinking that the WH is not above pressure on NASA to award LA and NY those shuttles.

~QC

Now see, I actually approve of candor. What I can't stand is seeing two Congressmen playing adversary on the House floor, and then spilling out of some bar together all buddy-buddy later that day.

eagleexpress
04-19-2011, 08:57 PM
I am glad someone grew some balls and spoke up to him maybe he won't put himself on such a high pedstal the next time

CueSi
04-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Now see, I actually approve of candor. What I can't stand is seeing two Congressmen playing adversary on the House floor, and then spilling out of some bar together all buddy-buddy later that day.

There's candor, then being an asshole. Stand your principles and mean it without being... mean.

~QC

Madisonian
04-20-2011, 06:47 PM

6 billion that the feds stole from Texas in the first place.
Its amazing how the prez and the congress critters always forget to mention that part.

KhrushchevsShoe
04-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Stole? How?

Madisonian
04-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Stole? How?

Would "plundered at the point of an IRS agent's gun" please you?

KhrushchevsShoe
04-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Would "plundered at the point of an IRS agent's gun" please you?

Ohhh you meant taxes... bawwwwww