PDA

View Full Version : University of Iowa Professor Tells College Republicans to “F” Off

megimoo
04-20-2011, 01:01 PM
A University of Iowa professor felt the need to reply to a blast email by the College Republicans on Monday morning. Ellen Lewin, a professor of Anthropology and Gender, Women’s & Sexuality Studies in the Department of Gender, Women’s & Sexuality Studies, sent a vulgar response to a College Republican email about the group’s, “Conservative Coming Out Week.”

The College Republican email, which was sent to the entire University of Iowa Community, had been approved by a number of university officials before being sent out. Lewin responded to email by writing, “#*@% [F-Word] YOU, REPUBLICANS” from her official university email...

"What a sleezie looking critter she is and she teaches Sexuality Studies ? She makes Helen Thomas Look Good ."
http://clas.uiowa.edu/gwss/faculty/ellen-lewin

http://theiowarepublican.com/home/2011/04/20/university-of-iowa-professor-tells-college-republicans-to-%E2%80%9Cf%E2%80%9D-off/

jediab
04-20-2011, 01:20 PM
I love this comment from CVN 76

"Now, this is the perfect opportunity to use the Left’s process against them.
Obviously, this is a person that could very possibly snap at any moment, for that reason, she should be immediately suspended from all teaching duties until she has undergone a full psychiatric evaluation by a team of doctors I mean, today she’s saying “F-you” to conservatives…tomorrow she might be shooting at them!
After the psychiatric evaluation, this professor must undergo intense counseling for weeks, perhaps even months to deal with the obvious deep seated, irrational hatred she has towards Republicans. A member of the academic community MUST be tolerant to all students, faculty, staff and guests of the institution.
Then, to demonstrate that she has reformed, she must then submit a 50 page thesis documenting the history of the American conservative movement, its leaders, and their positive contribution to American history.
Finally, the professor must make a final, public apology on the Pentacrest and join in acceptance of those who are conservative. It will only be then, that this professor will have demonstrated that she has truly learned from the error of her ways and grown emotionally, spiritually, and professionally in a manner befitting the University of Iowa."

Novaheart
04-20-2011, 01:32 PM
lol

ColonialMarine0431
04-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Better yet, let's just bombard her with emails.

:p

Ellen Lewin
Professor
Department: Anthropology
Email: ellen-lewin@uiowa.edu
Office: 414 Jefferson Building
Phone: (319) 335-1610

Articulate_Ape
04-20-2011, 02:41 PM

Ellen Lewin
Professor

Yeah, and tell her to get her ugly ass back in the kitchen where women belong.

ColonialMarine0431
04-20-2011, 02:48 PM

:D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/ColonialMarine/Women%20Drivers/ape1.gif

Calypso Jones
04-20-2011, 02:57 PM

Ellen Lewin
Professor

Better to bombard the university, if one could actually call it a university. Did you read her biography too. Did you get a load of that crap she writes about. Hell, you could say anything and who would know the difference. Actually no one would say anything cause i doubt anyone is buying the waste of wood pulp.

ColonialMarine0431
04-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Her so-called "biography" is a joke. The could have summend it up in one sentence: "Hairy Dyke Man-hating Gorilla".

marv
04-20-2011, 03:24 PM
I emailed the following to ellen-lewin@uiowa.edu, with cc's to gwsstudies@uiowa.edu and uiowacollegerepublicans@gmail.com........

In your recent...

...reply to the College Republicans' “Conservative Coming Out Week” email, you wrote "(F-word) you, Republicans". That email by the College Republicans had been approved by university officials.

The explanation that you "...had just finished reading some newspaper accounts of fresh outrages committed by Republicans in government." accounts for your numb and indelicate sensibility. So remember that fools names and faces appear in all public places - as do their words - even nation-wide!

Since the evidence of your hate and anger makes it's likely that you might use a gun the next time, I agree with others that you should seek immediate psychological evaluation. You should also be placed on immediate administrative leave (with pay of course) until you are able to demonstrate your ability to restrain your political infatuations, and remove them from the campus.

A further suggestion: clinging to causes often only feeds an internal bitterness and builds venom. Look in a mirror.

Marvin C Cruzan
Shell Knob, MO

Calypso Jones
04-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Let us know if she shows up at your door with an explody vest.

Odysseus
04-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Better to bombard the university, if one could actually call it a university. Did you read her biography too. Did you get a load of that crap she writes about. Hell, you could say anything and who would know the difference. Actually no one would say anything cause i doubt anyone is buying the waste of wood pulp.

This appears to be a state university. I wonder how many Iowa taxpayers know that they are subsidizing this tripe? For that matter, I found this on the website:

Tuition and Fees
Undergraduate Tuition and Fees 2010-11
Undergraduate tuition and fees for Iowa residents*: $7,417
Undergraduate tuition and fees for nonresidents*: $23,713
Room and board fees (average for 9-month academic year): $8,331
If I were an Iowa resident and my daughter spent $7,417 of her tuition to listen to this harpy, I'd be outraged. The list of her publications reads like a parody of multicultural feminist studies drivel.

Ellen Lewin's publications include Lesbian Mothers: Accounts of Gender in American Culture and Recognizing Ourselves: Lesbian and Gay Ceremonies of Commitment. She is also the editor of Inventing Lesbian Cultures in America, and the co-editor of Women, Health and Healing: Toward a New Perspective (with Virginia Olesen), Out in the Field: Reflections of Lesbian and Gay Anthropologists , Out in Theory: The Emergence of Lesbian and Gay Anthropology (both with William Leap), and Feminist Anthropology: A Reader. A third edited volume (with William Leap), Reinventing Lesbian/Gay Anthropology in a Giobalizing World, is forthcoming, as is Gay Fatherhood: Narratives of Family and Citizenship in America. A third edited volume (with William Leap), Reinventing Lesbian/Gay Anthropology in a Giobalizing World was published in 2009, and Gay Fatherhood: Narratives of Family and Citizenship in America was published in 2009.
This would be funny if people weren't going into hock to take classes like these and then going out into the world, completely unprepared for employment, life or any other aspect of reality.

Novaheart
04-20-2011, 06:09 PM

And make me a sandwich!

http://images.wikia.com/wikiality/images/5/53/CartmanLiberal.jpg

NJCardFan
04-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Talk about useless. To think that someone is focusing their degree in this BS makes one's head spin. This ranks up there with a degree in African-American studies. Sure these subjects are great for electives but to have an entire department dedicated to it? Sheesh. But I digress. As was said, this is a state university meaning she is paid with taxpayer money. But here is how I would word a letter to her:

Dear Ms. Lewin,

I've read the accounts and your language toward the University of Iowa Republicans and I must say that I am very disturbed not to mention puzzled. All my life I've listened to the talking heads on the left go on about how much more intelligent liberals are compared to conservatives so I have to ask; is using such an expletive an example of this intelligence? Where I come from, if you have to resort to profanity in a debate means you've lost the debate. Be that as it may, this leads me to the crux of my problem. The left always touts itself as the bastion of tolerance. Is this what passes for tolerance these days? And let me ask you, how would you react if one of your students said 'F You' to you because they didn't agree with something you said in class? Something tells me that your reaction would be less than cordial to the degree that said student would most likely end up in front of the dean. Do you disagree with this statement?

See, Ms. Lewin, these conservatives you seem to have such contempt for don't act like this in public. Are we perfect? Not by a long shot. Are there conservative knuckleheads? Absolutely. A look at the Westboro Baptist Church would confirm that. But want to know the difference between our side and your side? We're able to recognize that some people are just knuckleheads and we're quick to dismiss individuals like these. That said, what makes this country great is that we can disagree but at the end of the day, we can go home, spend time with our families, and get on with our lives. But herein lies the rub: your side disagrees with this. If your side had their way, there would be no dissent. Look no further than how your side talk about talk radio and Fox News to see that. However, conservatives harbor no such feelings. Conservatives believe that dissent is good as long as it's done peacefully. And in the end we can all agree to disagree. But your side, it seems, start acting like petulant children whenever confronted with an opposing point of view. One needs to look no further than your behavior in this matter to solidify that theory.

So, in closing, the next time you and your ideological brethren are sitting around patting yourselves on the back talking about how intelligent and sophisticated you are, just hearken back to this episode and think to yourself that if this is the epitome of sophistication and intelligence, then perhaps your side isn't as sophisticated as you lead yourselves to believe.

Respectfully,

NJCardFan

PoliCon
04-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Sweet and fluffy lord. :rolleyes: what on earth did she hope to accomplish with her little email response? This just goes to show how the left tend to react based on emotions rather than on rationally conceived arguments.

NJCardFan
04-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Sweet and fluffy lord. :rolleyes: what on earth did she hope to accomplish with her little email response? This just goes to show how the left tend to react based on emotions rather than on rationally conceived arguments.
You've just figured that out?

PoliCon
04-20-2011, 10:29 PM
You've just figured that out?

Nope. just restating the obvious. :p

Novaheart
04-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Her so-called "biography" is a joke. The could have summend it up in one sentence: "Hairy Dyke Man-hating Gorilla".

This one?

http://www.uiowa.edu/~anthro/lewin.shtml

Doesn't seem to support your summary.

Novaheart
04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
This appears to be a state university. I wonder how many Iowa taxpayers know that they are subsidizing this tripe? For that matter, I found this on the website:

You think that's something? They also have a school of divinity. Now how do you give a degree in something that doesn't exist?

Rockntractor
04-20-2011, 11:51 PM
. Now how do you give a degree in something that doesn't exist?

Kind of reminds me of the gay marriage debate.

pyackog
04-21-2011, 12:07 AM
A University of Iowa professor felt the need to reply to a blast email by the College Republicans on Monday morning. Ellen Lewin, a professor of Anthropology and Gender, Women’s & Sexuality Studies in the Department of Gender, Women’s & Sexuality Studies, sent a vulgar response to a College Republican email about the group’s, “Conservative Coming Out Week.”

The College Republican email, which was sent to the entire University of Iowa Community, had been approved by a number of university officials before being sent out. Lewin responded to email by writing, “#*@% [F-Word] YOU, REPUBLICANS” from her official university email...

"What a sleezie looking critter she is and she teaches Sexuality Studies ? She makes Helen Thomas Look Good ."
http://clas.uiowa.edu/gwss/faculty/ellen-lewin

http://theiowarepublican.com/home/2011/04/20/university-of-iowa-professor-tells-college-republicans-to-%E2%80%9Cf%E2%80%9D-off/

I think hairy legs and armpits make women bitter.

CueSi
04-21-2011, 01:45 AM
You think that's something? They also have a school of divinity. Now how do you give a degree in something that doesn't exist?

You can't 100% prove God (any god for that matter) doesn't exist.

~QC

wilbur
04-21-2011, 09:20 AM

^^ this.

Heh.

wilbur
04-21-2011, 09:40 AM

~QC

About the only things which are provably non-existent are logical impossibilities - things like square circles.... married bachelors... etc. There arent enough atoms in the universe with which to dedicate schools of study, to every logically possible, but non-provably non-existent thing.

Although, one might consider this..

1) A = X, B = X, C = X

It necessarily follows that

2) X = A = B = C = A

Which does in fact, disprove the trinity, which maintains 1), but the negation of 2).

X = A not = B not = C not = A

Maybe that college should shut down after all!

fettpett
04-21-2011, 09:55 AM
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

dude, we all know your bullshit, you can't prove it anymore than people far smarter than you can.

NJCardFan
04-21-2011, 11:39 AM
dude, we all know your bullshit, you can't prove it anymore than people far smarter than you can.

Not just people. My dog is smarter than Wilbur. But notice how our resident lefties have no problem with this woman's behavior?

Novaheart
04-21-2011, 11:40 AM

~QC

I can't prove that Bigfoot doesn't exist either, and I wouldn't expect a degree in Bigfootism to be issued by a state university.

Odysseus
04-21-2011, 11:41 AM
This one?

http://www.uiowa.edu/~anthro/lewin.shtml

Doesn't seem to support your summary.
It's all BS. Her degrees are in soft sciences that have been corrupted by political activism. Linguistics is Noam Chomsky's personal playground, and anthropology has been going to the dogs for years, especially the pseudo varieties like feminist anthropology. Everything about her curriculum vitae screams "leftist ideologue" rather than "scholar."

Your subjective opinion is not proof. Neither is Wilbur's. Frankly, I'm surprised that nobody is writing a paper on Caine-Hackman theory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4ZCJwg3h0g

B-b-b-but nobody is smarter that Wilbur! He told me so! :rolleyes:

Novaheart
04-21-2011, 11:53 AM

Not just people. My dog is smarter than Wilbur. But notice how our resident lefties have no problem with this woman's behavior?

We're too busy trying to figure out how these two well behaved children look at the picture of that woman and see what isn't there.

She's not a hairy or ugly woman, she looks like Lauren Bacall.

http://clas.uiowa.edu/gwss/sites/clas.uiowa.edu.gwss/files/ellen_lewin_0.jpg

http://nymag.com/images/2/daily/intel/07/08/23_laurenbacall_lgl.jpg

Zafod
04-21-2011, 11:56 AM
We're too busy trying to figure out how these two well behaved children look at the picture of that woman and see what isn't there.

no she looks like lurch in a wig....

http://www.lurchquarters.info/images/lurch_smirk.jpg

PoliCon
04-21-2011, 01:11 PM
About the only things which are provably non-existent are logical impossibilities - things like square circles.... married bachelors... etc. There arent enough atoms in the universe with which to dedicate schools of study, to every logically possible, but non-provably non-existent thing.

Although, one might consider this..

1) A = X, B = X, C = X

It necessarily follows that

2) X = A = B = C = A

Which does in fact, disprove the trinity, which maintains 1), but the negation of 2).

X = A not = B not = C not = A

Maybe that college should shut down after all! you stupid dumb fuck. :rolleyes: The trinity is 1 of 3 + 1 of 3 + 1 of 3 = 1 WHOLE.

The same way that your BODY is you - your MIND is you and your SPIRIT is you.

CueSi
04-21-2011, 09:47 PM
you stupid dumb fuck. :rolleyes: The trinity is 1 of 3 + 1 of 3 + 1 of 3 = 1 WHOLE.

The same way that your BODY is you - your MIND is you and your SPIRIT is you.

And that's where it kinda crosses into philosophy and the nature of existence. Theology is the cousin of philosophy. It's not a science, and doesn't claim to be.

Cryptozoology claims to be a science, Nova... that's why no school will give a degree in it.

~QC

CueSi
04-21-2011, 09:53 PM

She isn't ugly, but a woman who would lower themselves to tell the CR's to f*ck off comes across as that way on a non external level...and if ideology is that important to you, she becomes ugly.

It's like how some liberals view Sarah Palin/Ann Coulter. She's not an ugly woman, but her politics are so ugly to some that... that's all they see.

~QC

fettpett
04-21-2011, 10:09 PM
And that's where it kinda crosses into philosophy and the nature of existence. Theology is the cousin of philosophy. It's not a science, and doesn't claim to be.

Cryptozoology claims to be a science, Nova... that's why no school will give a degree in it.

~QC

actually outside the dumb stuff like Bigfoot and Nessie, Cryptozoology is well respected within the biology field and has done a lot to prove that animals still exists that many Biologist said didn't.

however your point is still there in regards to religion and philosophy and "proving" the exsistance of God or gods or not

marv
04-22-2011, 07:04 AM
Got a reply from Natalie Ginty to my email (post #9)....
Thanks Shell! It helps to have others understand the wrong we have to put up
with. It has definitely been a rough week for us here in Iowa City.

We are the only voice of young conservatism on campuses in Iowa, which makes
it tough. There really is no other way to stop the liberal professors from
brainwashing their students. Any help we receive is greatly appreciated! If
you are willing to donate any amount, here is our website:
http://www.iowacrs.org/.

Thank you!
Natalie Ginty
Chairwoman of the Iowa Federation of College Republicans

Odysseus
04-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Got a reply from Natalie Ginty to my email (post #9)....

Very cool.

We seem to have gotten sidetracked from the original topic, which is that a professor, someone supposedly educated, and trusted to educate others, responded to a civil invitation with profanity. Frankly, I'd like the university to look at the way that she teaches her classes, and whether or not she subjects her students to the same level of intolerance and intellectual bullying. I would think that academic freedom would demand a civil response to conflicting ideas, and that a university would enforce that standard of conduct. Of course, I have a lot of quaint notions about these things.

megimoo
04-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Very cool.

We seem to have gotten sidetracked from the original topic, which is that a professor, someone supposedly educated, and trusted to educate others, responded to a civil invitation with profanity. Frankly, I'd like the university to look at the way that she teaches her classes, and whether or not she subjects her students to the same level of intolerance and intellectual bullying. I would think that academic freedom would demand a civil response to conflicting ideas, and that a university would enforce that standard of conduct. Of course, I have a lot of quaint notions about these things.

The climate of fear that has poisoned our schools:
Ousted teacher exposes the tyranny of liberalism that has betrayed a generation of children

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336016/Ousted-teacher-exposes-liberal-tyranny-betrayed-children.html

megimoo
04-22-2011, 12:45 PM
UCLA Profs.com - Exposing UCLA's Radical Professors (a project of the Bruin Alumni Association)

Res ipsa loquitur

UCLAProfs' Hate Mail Speaks for Itself

Robert Petrecca
Fountain Valley, CA
robert.petrecca@cpr-capital.com

With all due respect:

Are you some kind of A-Hole?

Spying on faculty for what purpose?

Shove it up your Bushite A-Hole!

"laguy56@aol.com"
Do these awful teachers support the heretical spousings of evolution as well? Hopefully such crazy notions as the rule of law or equality for all are going to be examined.

Well anyways, goodluck spying on the professors at UCLA, heaven knows you can't trust the students down there in Westwood to think for themselves and draw their own conclusions, right
James Nichols
State University of New York, Stony Brook
History

"...your efforts are no different than those of Hitler, Stalin, and a host of other public opinion makers who have lent credibility to the idea that only those that have financial or political power have a right to shape the way young people think.

I am disgusted."

david torres-rouff
ph.d. candidate, department of history, UCSB

"...hopefully you are aware of the crime your group is committing. ... your program seems like the covert action of a frightened group of people."

ron jacobs
north carolina

"You decry anti-american professors, however it is actions like yours that are truly anti-american. ... Your page doesn't promote US principles, it promotes tyranny, just like the president you love so much."

Brigham Golden
Columbia University
Student, GRADUATE SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
Anthropology

People like yourself, who are so upset that academia is dominated with liberals that oppose the Bush administration (and it is), should ask themselves why it is that corporate boardrooms are
filled with Republicans that support the Administration (and they are).

Think about it: if your priority is understanding the world from a critical perspective you are almost sure to be a progressive--which is to say, critical of the world's dominant economic and political orders. Conversely, if your priority is economic success for a corporate heirarchy you are almost sure to be a conservative, which is to say, supportive of those same orders.

Its really that simple.

In fact, I'd be willing to make a deal with you: I'll consider your effort to forcibly increase conservative perspectives in the college classrooms of America, if you agree to forcibly increase
progressive perspectives in the corporate boardrooms of America.

I'll make that deal with you anytime.

http://www.uclaprofs.com/articles/hatemail.html

ColonialMarine0431
04-22-2011, 02:52 PM
"State-run education is a weapon, whose effect depends on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed." --Joseph Stalin

"Give me 4 years to teach your children and the seeds I sow will never be uprooted." -- Lenin

'Nuff said.

AmPat
04-22-2011, 03:52 PM
If this is what this "university" wants to be represented by, then we should help parents of prospective students discover this "class act.":cool:

Kay
04-22-2011, 03:56 PM
no she looks like lurch in a wig....

http://www.lurchquarters.info/images/lurch_smirk.jpg

OMG I haven't laughed so hard in forever.
That was hilarious. :D

CueSi
04-22-2011, 09:13 PM
If this is what this "university" wants to be represented by, then we should help parents of prospective students discover this "class act.":cool:

Exposure is always good. An informed student is a happy student. Liberal (or conservative with a masochistic streak )students can flock to her, while others keep their distance. Fair, methinks.

~QC