PDA

View Full Version : "China's Getting Very Nervous over their Trillion Dollar Investments in U.S. T Bill

megimoo
04-20-2011, 04:00 PM
China urges US to be 'responsible' after S&P warning

BEIJING: China, the top holder of US Treasury bonds, urged the United States Tuesday to adopt "responsible measures" after ratings agency Standard & Poor's cut the outlook on US sovereign debt to negative.

S&P sent stocks plunging worldwide when it slashed its outlook from "stable" to "negative" Monday, pointing to doubts about Washington's ability to tackle looming debt and fiscal deficits -- concerns raised by Beijing in the past.

"US Treasury bonds are a reflection of US government credit and are important investment products for domestic and international institutional investors," foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said in a statement. "We...

http://www.brecorder.com/world/global-business-a-economy/11780-china-urges-us-to-be-responsible-after-sap-warning.html

Arroyo_Doble
04-20-2011, 04:09 PM
China urges US to be 'responsible' after S&P warning

BEIJING: China, the top holder of US Treasury bonds, urged the United States Tuesday to adopt "responsible measures" after ratings agency Standard & Poor's cut the outlook on US sovereign debt to negative.

S&P sent stocks plunging worldwide when it slashed its outlook from "stable" to "negative" Monday, pointing to doubts about Washington's ability to tackle looming debt and fiscal deficits -- concerns raised by Beijing in the past.

"US Treasury bonds are a reflection of US government credit and are important investment products for domestic and international institutional investors," foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said in a statement. "We...

http://www.brecorder.com/world/global-business-a-economy/11780-china-urges-us-to-be-responsible-after-sap-warning.html

I was wondering who paid S & P for that rating ....

By the way, the bond market, not the stock market, would be where to look for reaction to S & P's rating-o-rama-and-halftime-show.

Starbuck
04-20-2011, 05:19 PM

By the way, the bond market, not the stock market, would be where to look for reaction to S & P's rating-o-rama-and-halftime-show.

What? And miss all the fun of watching people panic and scurry around?

You noticed that the stock market panic only lasted one day.......then back to bidness as usual.

I got to wondering exactly who the AAA rated countries are. Because if you have just a whole bunch - and I mean GOBS - of money, that's where you have to go to invest it. I mean, you're not going to go to Luxembourg, right? Even though they show up on the list.

Here 'tis:

Australia
Austria
Britain
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Singapore
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
And the good ol USA

Notice who is missing? Japan(AA-). And China (AA-). Yeah. The world's second and third largest economies are not AAA rated. So you gotta wonder.........just where the hell does China think they are going to invest if not here? Liechtenstein? I don't think so.

China's blustering. Taking advantage to make themselves appear stronger than they are. And in my opinion should..well, keep their unsolicited opinions to themselves.

lacarnut
04-20-2011, 05:35 PM

Quit your bitching. My commodity investments are going thru the roof since the Idiot-In-Chief was elected Prez.

megimoo
04-20-2011, 09:11 PM

Obama administration officials tried to keep S&P rating at ‘stable’

The Obama administration privately urged Standard & Poor’s in recent weeks not to lower its outlook on the United States — a suggestion the ratings agency ignored Monday, two people familiar with the matter said.

http://thepartyofknow.com/2011/04/20/wash-postobama-administration-officials-tried-to-keep-sp-rating-at-%E2%80%98stable%E2%80%99/

fettpett
04-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Trump talked about China when he was on Rush's show last friday, basically what he said is that the Chinese are fucking with everyone by keeping their money in flux and not stabilizing it. We hold the upper hand with China, not the other way around. I do like Trump's suggestion that we get the smartest meanest business men to sit down at the negotiating table with them, just like they do to us and get them to force their hand.